It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Going on here(USA)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ridiculous is the best word to describe my feelings about our countries ignorance about marijuana. It’s the year 2005 for Christ sake, and that which is pure and natural is kept secret and forbidden, Why? Do our world leaders desire for our minds to wither away from atrophy, allowing our gov’t to make every moral decision for us. I for one own my morality, and won’t let another persons beliefs blind me to truth. I am strangely put off by my fellow man who can’t or won’t see the hypocritical stance on drugs in America.

When confronted by an aggressive and overbearing idiot at a concert, is this individual drunk or high. We all know the answer to this question, but how many times do our friends have to black out form alcohol before we all realize the true effects of such a drug. I for one have never “lost time” so to speak on pot, and I sure do know a lot more people who died from drinking, and drinking related stupidity than friends of mine that take a puff-puff from time to time. It allows for the mind to relax and go to a place where the chaos of our world drifts into the background, only to allow our true imaginations to take hold in our minds. I don’t attempt to prove my point to everyone, but if I can see the craziness behind our restricted freedoms, I should hope others would start to perceive it as well.

I highly doubt that the gates of hell will fling open if pot is made legal. I’m not happy until it is classified as a less dangerous drug than alcohol, as far as how it effects the mind body connection. Alcohol seems to cause a disturbance between the mental body and the physical body that lends itself well to forgetfulness, confusion, and overall bad decision making. Marijuana on the other hand, and I speak only from personal experience, seems to refine and smooth out the chaos between these two bodies. A finer tuned experience can be had, and as far as bonding emotionally with other members of our race, this drug is unmatched in its ability to draw like minded people together, and even drastically different people find ways to socialize with strangers from different cultures in ways that ultimately promote tolerance and acceptance.

WAKE UP AMERICA. My patience with this, so called, leader of the free world is wearing thin, yet I have an optimistic outlook, and I think changes are a coming.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This link was started a while ago, and seeing as nobody wants to respond to what I have written, I figured I would add another chapter to the tail of America's Ignorance.

www.jackherer.com...

This site may help "YOU" make you "OWN" decisions about this sacred plant.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Shixta,

You see, the problem is that not everyone who smokes weed is like you. Sure, there are people who are able to use it maturely, such as yourself for example, but then there are many more who can't. Some people, even when it's ILLEGAL (By the way when you buy weed you're giving money to criminals) abuse the drug. They use it to the point where it causes them to do something harmful to themself or someone else. And it's different than alchohol, because in moderation alchohol won't do anything at all to you. Bear in mind there are laws against being drunk in public as well. There are just many people who choose to break this law. Besides, just because one harmful thing is legal doesn't mean another harmful thing should be legal. I don't really have a definite stance on this issue, I'm just trying to give you some more views on the topic...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
My usage has stopped for the very reason that you stated about moving money to places that may not be health, but for some reason the gov’t is unwilling to accept my money and profit from a duplicate product. THAT SUCKS, for I would gladly double what I am used to paying if I could do it without the fear of punishment. I believe in a certain degree of civil disobedience, and if I ever were to get caught, I would serve whatever punishment was due. The thing that sucks for me is that it provide a medical benefit for me. I have no insurance, and for 50 Dollars I was able to self medicate for upwards of three months at a time. That's only 200 dollars a year. Ridiculously cheap when compared to a night on the town. An easy $50 can get spent in a couple of hours.

The other bummer in my view, as I practice a form of nature worship akin to ancient pagan, alchemical thinkers, is that myself being part of the earth and of the earth, I desires a commune with it. Alcohol provides this to a minuscule amount, but marijuana is all kinds of sacred to me and many others on this planet. It's benefits far outweigh the potential harmful effects. So what about my spirituality. I'm Slipping through the cracks like so many others.

One more point. Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. When these ideas are gone, I'm out. Give up, and die. Might as well. I feel that individualistic pursuits are soon a thing of the past. Something new has to rise above and we must ALL learn to work together.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Oh yeah, Most sellers of this drug are not criminals in my mind. I have only dealt with the home growers, and from that a development of long-term friendships with honest good people (they care about this country as much as the next guy). These people are not criminals that are raping pillaging and stealing from other people. They grow plants, sit at home, watch movies, read books, make love, sleep eat and drink just like you. Many I know reinvest their money into education programs, and border control programs. They don’t even care to profit at all. It’s humanity experiencing itself in a most euphoric state. If more of world had direct knowledge of what I write, some major issues concerning our world today would be somewhat easier to solve. Open minded thinkers are the only thing that’s going to save this country from internal collapse in the next fifty to one hundred years. I remain optimistic about our future, but there are times when it just seems a waste of human effort; This whole thing we’ve managed to create in this present moment. :bnghd:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Two things:

A) It's still illegal. Afaik, ATS prohibits condoning illegal activities. Or something like that, anyway.

B) Hemlock, tobacco and arsenic are also natural. They can also kill ya. Yes, I know, nobody has ever died from marijuana overdose - the point was to make it clear that pure and natural doesn't necessarily mean "safe" or "good".

C) (and this is the more important bit to me....)......... I've been to Amsterdam a few times - once for pleasure, a few times for business. Guess what? There's virtually no drug-related crime.

Why? Well, the answer is obvious

top topics

join