It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran illegal in the UK? It will be soon….

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Now this is ironic beyond all imagination. Apparently, passages from the Koran violate a religious hate law in the UK. Whole passages will be illegal to read or quote in public!!! Imagine, the back bone of the worlds largest faith, the Koran, has passages that violate anti religion hate laws. They state the law was designed to protect religions, but actual Koran passages violate the definitions of the law itself!! Priceless.

BANNED!

“"If this bill makes any sense at all, it must mean banning the reading, in public or private, of a great many passages of the Koran itself," Conservative MP Boris Johnson said.

And that, he added, was "absurd and paradoxical, given that the measure is intended to be a protection against Islamophobia."

The Racial and Religious Hatred Bill edged closer to becoming law Tuesday, after a House of Commons debate and second reading vote....

During the debate, Johnson read out various excerpts from the Koran regarding the treatment of non-Muslims, including sura 22:19, which read in translation: "As for the unbelievers, for them garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skins shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods."

Johnson said while the Koran was not "unique in its hostility to other creeds," he challenged a government minister to explain "why and how you think the repetition of those words in a public or a private place does not amount to an incitement to religious hatred of exactly the kind this bill is supposed to ban...."

Imagine: The Koran illegal in the UK. And this is REAL and something that may happen real soon. Religion of peace….

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

"As for the unbelievers, for them garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skins shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods."

If that is banned, then the bible'd have to be similarly banned, new and old testament.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Isn't it illegal to read parts of the Bible now in Canada since they're anti-gay?

This is just an expansion of an anti-religious secular agenda in these nations. Hopefully our Constitution will protect the U.S. from getting such laws, even though many liberal groups would like to see them enacted.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

"As for the unbelievers, for them garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skins shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods."

If that is banned, then the bible'd have to be similarly banned, new and old testament.

I dont know this for a fact, but I think the difference is that the Koran mentions other religions by name. Dont quote me on that as I am just trying to interpet the article.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If you read the Bible openly in most Arab countries you can go to prison and have your whole family arrested, I see no uproar of religious freedom from those countries for people to have religious rights. In Iran its a capital offence to read the Bible. Yes the Koran is like a violent video game that is played again and agin it talks with a lot hatred to other the infidels of this world. But yes political correctness is becoming silly in the UK like the banning of Bibles in hospitals, taking away crosses from classrooms and allowing equal rights for satanists. If there is a conspiracy in religion then I say its the Bible that is missing out the most throughout the world not the koran. As a whole Britain is becoming case sensative to its own foundation of its adopted religion, why do'nt they change the st.georges cross on the English flag it might offend someone or ban Christmas. We have swapped the freedom for Iraq for an oppression of its own country. ID cards, Tax on travel per mile, any more ideas from the UK US govenment.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I dont know this for a fact, but I think the difference is that the Koran mentions other religions by name. Dont quote me on that as I am just trying to interpet the article.

The bible condems jews and the like. And certainly condems followers of the pagan gods, who are back in europe. And if the above quote is what they are talking about, then any talk about unbeleivers is fair game.

I suspect that this is just something some people are harping about over there to say 'muslims are worthless'.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Totaly correct Nygdan. This won't go anywhere, you have to be looney tune to think it will.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The bible condems jews and the like.

The Bible was written entirely by Jews, it doesn't condemn them!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Let's just kill ourselves, it'll solve the whole problem.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
From the article:

"If this bill makes any sense at all, it must mean banning the reading, in public or private, of a great many passages of the Koran itself," Conservative MP Boris Johnson said.

Well, that figures... a conservative

Anyways, anyone who has bothered to look up that quote he's whining about and actually read a sentence before and after it, could clearly see that it describes HELL, ya know that place with fire and sinners/unbelievers burning, all those who don't believe in Jesus as described in the Bible... oh wait, thats Christian hate talk, isnt it? You know, "all those who don't believe in Jesus as I say they should, shall BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY" kinda preaching going on in every church in the west.
I do not recall a part of Bible saying that everyone goes to heaven, regardless of their belief.
Or how about Jews who condemn all but themselves, the chosen people, to damnation? I mean, hows that for verbal hostility towards other religions?

So, I guess ALL talk about burning in hell should be forbidden then or any mention of sinners/unbelievers by any of the major religions... which of course won't happen, it is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It won't happen...

ive been searching to see if the mainstream news in the UK is picking this up and they aren't.

The Qur'an will not be banned.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Oh no... I hope nothing of this happens in the US, as much anti-religions i am(any religion) this should not happen. i hope our constition and bill of rights protects it.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Conservative MP Boris Johnson

LMFAO!!!

I missed that part

im from the UK, and all Boris Johnson does is appear on TV shows and has the piss taken out of him because he seems stoned all the time

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Let me know when and where and how, I`ll be there with whatever is needed.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is somewhat related, in Russia they are now looking at whether Jewish Law books incite racial hatred.

Mosnews
Russia’s state prosecutor has begun probing whether a Russian translation of a code of Jewish law constitutes racial incitement, Israel’s Arutz Sheva website reports. The inquiry follows publication of a letter signed by 500 people, including parliamentarians, calling for a ban on Jewish organizations in Russia.

The website said that lawyers working for the state prosecutor had ordered Rabbi Zinovy Kogan, chairman of the Congress of Jewish Organizations, to explain the contents of the 16th century codification of Jewish law, of paramount importance, the Sulchan Aruch, in order to determine what the code says about non-Jews.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
If you read the Bible openly in most Arab countries you can go to prison and have your whole family arrested,

No really? You say most Arab countries, like which ones?

Originally posted by The time lord
In Iran its a capital offence to read the Bible.

I doubt that, trying to convert other people or converting yourself may be, but simply reading the bible is not.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Yes that would solve the problem, but I dont think that people are willing to do it.

I only agree in part with this propositioned lawit should make it where they cant read the hate parts iin public, if they want to read it in there homes away from people they should be able to.

But than again considering I dont live in the United Kingdom, my opinion isnt as strong as if I did.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The Koran will not banned in the UK but bibles are being removed from hotel rooms. What does that tell you?

In one of the states in Australia recently two priests were charged for speaking about the comparisons between the Koran and Christianity. They spoke the truth and the statements were balanced. Under the anti-religious laws in that state if someone complains regardless of the content (truth or not) you can be charged.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
oh c mon reading the bible is not illegal in muslim countries!!!!

Most of them have catholic churches and quite a few christians living in them. Yes there are tensions between them, but arab christians are just as hard-core beleivers as arab muslims, so its all pretty balanced.

And UNBELEIVERS are people that dont belive in god, not people of other religions

did you people writing this nonsense even finish primary school?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
You will probably find that many have never been to a Muslim country so therefore their assessment is based on what they read and hear not what they see and experience. I travel monthly to a Muslim country albeit moderate (being Malaysia) and I know from first hand experience they tolerate all religions.

The problem for us is the political correct brigade who are trying to change what we think, what we do in our own countries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join