It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overseas Media Quiet after CCP Kills Young Woman

page: 1

join
share:
Oct

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
A few days ago, Falun Gong practitioner Gao Rongrong died in Mainland China as a result of persecution by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Gao had been shocked with an electric baton until her face was severely disfigured. Several overseas organizations strongly condemned the Chinese government’s crimes and its efforts to hide them.
www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Yes the communist ruling clique is quite adept at killing off those it deams unworthy of thier paradise.

Recall this is the same government that jailed a doctor that let the world know about the SARS outbreak :shk:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Off Topic:

I wasn't familiar with Falun Gonh although I had heard the name before.
I don't know why they picked a swastika for their emblem

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I do not know about this. As for the torture and death of Gao Rongrong, it is too horrendous to even contemplate upon. My heart goes out to her and her family.
What bother's me though on this story, all the various sites seem to be feeding off of each other. In fact they are all nearly word for word. I have just spent the last 45 minutes attempting to research this story and all stories lead back to the Epoch Times site. All the other sites quote that site.
Another thing that bother's me about this story, All these sites state that the reason that she was arrested was for her religious beliefs. Now, I am not going to deny that this is not possible, I do beleive that even China no longer really pursues such persecution for their religion. I origionally was researching this story to see if there was another side to it. If there was any other information on the story. Anything at all, but no, I found nothing other than the source site Epoch Times.
The story also goes on and implies that 7 people who are also of the Falun Gong belief are being tortured and persecuted for thier belief. Unfortunately, the site also identifies the fact that they have been arrested due to the fact that they "rescued Gao Rongrong in October 5, 2004 while she was in the hospital. Translate "rescue" to prison break. That action is against the law.
I find the story saddening but a bit hard to swallow that she was tortured / died because she was a Falun Gong practitioner. If someone has more information on this, please help. Thanks

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Off Topic:

I wasn't familiar with Falun Gonh although I had heard the name before.
I don't know why they picked a swastika for their emblem

en.wikipedia.org...

Ace the symbol is a traditional Buddist one, thousands of years before Hitler adopted it. If you look at a Nazi versus a buddist one the arms go in differnet directions.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
china also shot sars victims who violated quarantine.

But hey! they are favored 2:1 by the idiots of the world over the united states!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Ace the symbol is a traditional Buddist one, thousands of years before Hitler adopted it. If you look at a Nazi versus a buddist one the arms go in differnet directions.

But this religion was started after WW2 so it already had it's meaning altered by the time they came up with this wheel.

I don't expect others who have used this for centuries to suddenly change but it's strange for a new religion/cult to adopt it.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is the press release from FalunInfo.net regarding Gao Rongrong's death. I believe that this is the original that the Epoch Times story is based on.

You probably won't be able to trace it back any further than this. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thanks Duzey

Unfortunately, since the source is the Falun group itself, I unfortunately will have to take what they report with a grain of salt. The reason that I say this, throughout history, various religious groups as well as other groups will hype either a tragic story as this one is or they will take an otherwise non-issue and making it a news splash just to get their name, and movements into the news.
I have a few doubts as to why this woman was arrested, as all the information is being reported through the group itself and thus it is being promoted as religious persecution. Note, according to the various sources, all accusations (none of which are named) are fabrications by the goverment. There could be and probably is a much more valid reason for her arrest and detention. Something along the lines of political sedition or some such. This though would still not forgive what was done to her while in goverment controll

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBaseI don't know why they picked a swastika for their emblem

Ace, don't you think that that's rather inappropriate? The swatstika is a symbol of peace of good luck in the asian east. Falung Gong is a religious cult. Are you saying that their use of an swastik justifies this death?

Now, I am not going to deny that this is not possible, I do beleive that even China no longer really pursues such persecution for their religion

The dictatorship is very much against falung gong, they see it as dangerous, for whatever the reason. Its a very new agey type group.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan Are you saying that their use of an swastik justifies this death?

I preceded my comment with 'Off Topic' meaning it wasn't about her death but rather the religious group that she is a member of and was supposedly being persecuted for belonging to.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ah, my misunderstanding then.

But keep in mind, the swatstik is a long revered symbol in the east, (and formerly in the west too). There's no reason for a traditionalist group like falung gong to not use it.

Oct

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012

The story also goes on and implies that 7 people who are also of the Falun Gong belief are being tortured and persecuted for thier belief. Unfortunately, the site also identifies the fact that they have been arrested due to the fact that they "rescued Gao Rongrong in October 5, 2004 while she was in the hospital. Translate "rescue" to prison break. That action is against the law.
I find the story saddening but a bit hard to swallow that she was tortured / died because she was a Falun Gong practitioner. If someone has more information on this, please help. Thanks

I know kind heart people cannot imagine this, but the fact is only because of the belief.
I searched for the reason of her being arrested, she was arrested the first time due to her clarifying the truth about Falun Gong to the students of her college.
In China, Police send Falun Gong practitioners to labor camps without court trial, we can say they kidnap Falun Gong practitioners. Therefore that is illegal.
Do you think sb saved Jews from the Nazi's death camp was against the law?
I think you can understand the situation now.

Now the persecution of Falun gong practitioners is happening at this minute.

Oct

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012

I have a few doubts as to why this woman was arrested, as all the information is being reported through the group itself and thus it is being promoted as religious persecution.

Would you please have a look at these reports?

There was progress towards reform in some areas, but this failed to have a significant impact on serious and widespread human rights violations perpetrated across the country. Tens of thousands of people continued to be detained or imprisoned in violation of their fundamental human rights and were at high risk of torture or ill-treatment. Thousands of people were sentenced to death or executed, many after unfair trials. Public protests increased against forcible evictions and land requisition without adequate compensation. China continued to use the global “war on terrorism” to justify its crackdown on the Uighur community in Xinjiang. Freedom of expression and religion continued to be severely restricted in Tibet and other Tibetan areas of China.

web.amnesty.org...

The United Nations Reports on China’s Persecution of Falun Gong (2004)

The Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group (www.falunhr.org) announced the publication of a new book, The 2004 United Nations Reports on China’s Persecution of Falun Gong. It is the second book of collections of reports of the Special Rapporteurs of the United Nations Human Rights Commission on China’ violence against Falun Gong practitioners.

Each year, the U.N Special Rapporteurs publish summary reports on human rights situations around the world. The violations against Falun Gong have attracted increasing condemnations from the Special Rapporteurs, and in many reports, the cases of abuses of Falun Gong practitioners have taken more spaces than other human rights issues. These findings and reports convincingly dispel the Chinese government’s claim of China having its best time in human rights.
www.flghrwg.net...

[edit on 2-7-2005 by Oct]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This may be off-topic, but can you be more specific about the meaning of "Overseas"?

Seeing that you do not say where you live, it is impossible to know what you mean by "Overseas", to me, in Portugal, it could be the USA, or Canada or Brasil or Australia.

Remember, this site has members from all over the world.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The title of the thread comes from the headline of the article in the Epoch Times.

When the article says 'Overseas Media' it refers to the fact that outside of this one papers coverage of the death, it was only reported by three others, one in Canada, one in New Zealand and in a press release by Clear Harmony. That's based on a Google News search.

Hope that helps you.

Oct

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

When the article says 'Overseas Media' it refers to the fact that outside of this one papers coverage of the death, it was only reported by three others,

This is the shame of the main stream media of the world. Under CCP's money, sb's conscience has died.

new topics

top topics

join