It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boffins create zombie dogs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Animals don't have souls according to the Bible anyway.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
They don't, well I assume. They don't think or act past their preprogramed instict. I belive the soul is what seperates us out from the animals.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
I belive the soul is what seperates us out from the animals.

No proof such a thing exists, so until they proove that we have souls and animals don't we are basically Intelligent(?) Animals.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed.

The part that interests me the most is this line

During the procedure blood is replaced with saline solution at a few degrees above zero. The dogs' body temperature drops to only 7C, compared with the usual 37C, inducing a state of hypothermia before death.

Although the animals are clinically dead, their tissues and organs are perfectly preserved.

Damaged blood vessels and tissues can then be repaired via surgery.

It's only a quick blurb about tissue and blood vessel damage but I would like to know how much damage actually occurs. The damage may not be noticeable at first either. It may take days, weeks, months or even years before the full scope of the damage done may be known. If the damage to the tissue is too extensive then repair is simply not an option.

I also want to know the success rate. How many of the dogs that underwent this procedure actually recovered?

I have looked for a link to a Scientific Paper on this but cannot pull up anything. Does anyone have a link to the Scientific Paper?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
the problem they've had in the past concerning cryogenics is that cells rupture when they are frozen... the saline solution won't freeze, but the cells can be protected in a freezing state... without freezing. I think that is what they were going for basically... a cryogenic frozen state without actually freezing.

Technically, if they could "flash-freeze" a body, and then bring it back to the proper temparature, or well above freezing at least, then the cells will be preserved because the water in the body will not have enough time to expand and rupture the cells. They've been trying to accomplish that, but I think they figured out that the temp only has to be below freezing and came up with a simple way to keep the cells from freezing and the water expanding and rupturing the cells.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Does the bible explicitly state that animals have no souls?

The theory that the body is merely paused and not actually dead would make me feel a bit more comfortable about the idea of reviving a person in this manner.
But how do we define death? The animals in these experiments had no brain activity and no heartbeat. Thats good enough at this stage to bury a person.

I think that this has a huge potential to provide further evidence of an afterlife, if a person was willing to undergo the experiment and was able to remember what occured.
I would imagine that getting a person who died in the right circumstances and had already signed permissory contracts may be what slows the human experiments as well as the moral issues invloved.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Fasinating I wonder if three hours is the maximum time the animal can be kept in stasis before reanimation is no longer possible or if it was just an arbitrary number the scientists pulled out of the air for this test. If its not the maximum then what is? Could someone be kept in such a state for years?

Whats a Boffin by the way?
The first thing that came to mind was Bothan from Star Wars (as in "Many Bothans died to bring us this information.") and I doubt thats what they were refering to.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hey.. I orginally started this thread.. I didn't title it correctly me thinks..

The credit is mine.. ALL mine..

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
In this case Boffin is used to describe a scientist.

www.english2american.com...

Boffin boffin is someone who is particularly knowledgeable about his/her subject.
Slightly less friendly than expert, calling someone a boffin suggests (much like nerd) that they have body odour and are virgins. Boffins are invariably male.

Sorry about that. I often forget that other people don't know my slang.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Man is not meant to play God, we are not meant to have control over life and death...thats God's work.....bringing creatures back to life is inhuman.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but I was looking at other news articles on the site, they included:

Dinner from a toilet bowl
Killer jellyfish scared of red
Police free killer cow from jail
Men catch 300kg monster catfish
Gravediggers throw party at cemetery
Scottish dish has Bush on the run
Rat has last laugh over Mayor
Condeleezza 'dumped by Iranian boyfriend'
Indians tear up beach in diamond hunt
Cinema offers money-back guarantee
Strippers terrorise guards
Fat pie thief gets stuck in window
Cow, bull to tie the knot

I've seen similar articles at The Onion.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is a reputable site, even though it may not seem like one at first glance. It is a composition of all Australian states leading newspapers.

The stories that you are refering to are from the 'Odd News' section - as is the Zombie Dogs article. A good number of these stories are taken from Reuters and other international news and media.

That doesn't mean that the story hasn't been dramatised, but I believe the source is sound.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is a very interesting line of research, here's a thread about it before they did the dog research.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why would they be zombie dogs?

Do you consider people who recover from death zombies?

If we have souls, then why does medication effect our emotions?

I think this technology has a lot of benificial uses, and calling it zombie-making is just superstitious nonsense.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Man is not meant to play God, we are not meant to have control over life and death...thats God's work.....bringing creatures back to life is inhuman.

Please read my last post above and respond.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This technology can be used in the preservation of organs and body parts. This will keep them "fresh" and functional longer.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
now we know we have the ability to do thism we would more or less be murderers if we didnt use it.

i believe that our minds are too powerful to dwindle away to nothing when we die. we still have little knowledge on the human mind. perhaps our electrical signals escape or something, maybe there is another level of our minds below subconscience etc that escapes our bodies, perhaps thats what ghost are??? i dunno.........

and i was under the impression that the oxygen deprivation causes the.........shrivelling of cells, which is what causes brain damage (remember obviously the cells ARE alive....). The solution must counteract the shrivelling.

i did a science experiment at school i remember......that you waterlog a thin layer of plant "skin" off the stem of a plant, under a microscope, and they expand and the cell wall breaks apart.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
by the way the temperature that can delay brain damage is 4 degrees c. i no everyone say "3 minutes without air the brain starts to die". I think i saw it somewhere, and the book artemis foul, artemis (the main character) saves his butler by putting him in a restaurant freezer at 4 degrees c! he is in there for like a couple of hours and gets rescusetated. Apparently its an accurate estimate that you can survive!

also i hate this "fate" and "gods work" stuff. God wouldnt want us to have car accidents. that aint natural or planned out.

OK on the other hand, IF and when our "souls" go out our bodies when we die, theyll most likely just go back in when we get rescusetated! just to be unbiased like.....God would obviously worked that out if such a situation would arise. On that note! God would know when you die AND so would Know its not your time, and so your soul would not separate from your body

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
After your dead doesnt your cells slowly start dieing... No matter how cold you are once you dead for that long You will Suffer so much brain damage or even be brain dead... Have they found a way to Reproduce brain cells. As for the post above... I haven't heard that your brain cells can be proserved for more then 15 minutes without suffering a massive blow of brain damage... There would be no point in bringing them back unless they want them to be like the scavio lady and Just breath with no functions.
I beileve that this is a hoax or some pointless science experiment. Why would we wanna bring something back to life thats dead... Just let it got. Thats life.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is not a hoax.

Here is an older article about the technique.

www.livescience.com...

It is not cyrogenics. They are inducing hybernation. Some theorize that mammals have a built in hybernation mechanism.

That's what they are doing.

It has nothing to do with freezing them to the point that braincells die.

They are instead just slowing down metabolic action to create a state of hybernation.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Exactly!
and yea obviously its not stopping permanent death, just delaying it......

<< 1    3 >>

join