It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Began Long Before Shock & Awe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This information proves the Bush Administration had no intention of letting the inspections work. They had already begun the war (under the cover of the No-fly zone enforcement).

The Smoking Bullet in the Smoking Gun
by JEREMY SCAHILL

It was a huge air assault: Approximately 100 US and British planes flew from Kuwait into Iraqi airspace. At least seven types of aircraft were part of this massive operation, including US F-15 Strike Eagles and Royal Air Force Tornado ground-attack planes. They dropped precision-guided munitions on Saddam Hussein's major western air-defense facility, clearing the path for Special Forces helicopters that lay in wait in Jordan. Earlier attacks had been carried out against Iraqi command and control centers, radar detection systems, Revolutionary Guard units, communication centers and mobile air-defense systems. The Pentagon's goal was clear: Destroy Iraq's ability to resist. This was war.

But there was a catch: The war hadn't started yet, at least not officially. This was September 2002--a month before Congress had voted to give President Bush the authority he used to invade Iraq, two months before the United Nations brought the matter to a vote and more than six months before "shock and awe" officially began.
www.democracynow.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Covered a couple of weeks ago and of course there were doubters in that thread.

A huge air assault uisng 100 planes on Iraq 1 month before Congress gave Bush go ahead

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
At this point, with all the information that has been leaked and in the mainstream media, I don't know how anyone in their right mind could support this administration.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Which Shock & Awe performance are you talking about?
The one on 9/11 or the one in Iraq?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
At this point, with all the information that has been leaked and in the mainstream media, I don't know how anyone in their right mind could support this administration.

It is probably easier than thinking for themself's. Or maybe something as simple as not wanting to look like they were wrong? Or maybe that the fear has been so driven into them, they are like hostages refusing to leave their captures?

Eitherway, IMO, what is important, is that people wake up and get these clowns out before they start something we will be apologizing to our grandkids for.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

The March 2003 invasion of Iraq.. you know, the campaign Rumsfeld gleefully called "Shock and Awe."

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By
Eitherway, IMO, what is important, is that people wake up and get these clowns out before they start something we will be apologizing to our grandkids for.

Like the silent war already being waged against Iran.

Thank God people are finally starting to wake up.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

The March 2003 invasion of Iraq.. you know, the campaign Rumsfeld gleefully called "Shock and Awe."

Yeah i know but i was pointing out that the Iraq one was the second 'Shock & Awe' campaign this government has produced.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Published on Thursday, September 6, 2001 by Reuters
White House Refuses GAO Request for Documents on Cheney's Energy Task Force

WASHINGTON - The White House on Thursday rejected a demand to turn over documents sought by Congress in an inquiry into how the Bush administration's energy policy was formed.

I do believe the Iraq war was a decision that was made from the findings of the energy task force. I do believe Iraq was going to happen regardless of wether 9-11 happened of not. On another thread they atated that increased air assaults on Iraqi radar installations occured shortly after Bush took office.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I think people are scared. I mean, jeez, if you can't trust you governement, who can you trust? People feel insecure and need a big government figure to feel protected.

The media doesn't report because they are owned by the corporatists, who in turn also own the politicians. The only answer is for Americans to take back their country from big business, but it won't happen. People prefer to wrap themselves in the warmth of a lie, rather than feel the cold truth.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The American people have a tragically short memory. After Vietnam and the assassinations of the '60's, how could anyone be more afraid now than they were then?

Willfull blindeness is a very real and terrible thing.

top topics

join