It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Can Now take your property!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
With this new Supreme Court Ruling, cities and counties all over the US are going to bulldoze houses. I suspect cities like San Diego are going target the lower income houses (as they usually do) and target African-Americans and Hispanics, to make way for new shopping centers an other stuff in the name of ecomonics and progress. I believe Barrio Logan, will be made into a resort area.

Here is the News report if you Don't believe me. Draw your own conclusions. I am not wrong in saying this. Most of the Larger cities will target the low-income and non-Causasian areas.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A city can take a person's home or business for a development project designed to revitalize a depressed local economy, a divided U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Thursday in a decision that could have nationwide impact.

By a 5-4 vote, the high court upheld as constitutional the taking by New London, Connecticut, of 15 properties belonging to nine residents or investment owners for a project to complement a nearby research facility by the Pfizer Inc. drug company.

And the whole story on CNN: www.cnn.com...

Look here: www.supremecourtus.gov...
under Kelo V. New London

ed to add BB code for quote

[edit on 24-6-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
When I first heard about this on the news I was outraged. This is a government not looking out for the American people. This is a government looking out for themselves. It is truly sad what this country has become. The U.S. Constitution has changed to "We the Government" not "We the People."

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Godzilla/MrMulder,

Another coffin in the "Land of the Free".

The end of the rule of law in favour of the rule of money.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This could and hopefully start a revolution in the US. Today I believe, the many cities started drawing up plans of attack to drive out their low-income, poor and Non-Whites. LIKE SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA. They can deny it all they want, it WILL happen there first and the most.

I use to Live in San Diego, and they've done it before and now they can fully do it!

What will happen in San Diego in a year or so, The city council will probably annouce plans to build something huge in the area between Downtown and Barrio Logan and into Barrio Logan. It's low-income and mostly Hispanic. And It's flat. Unlike going north from Downtown, it goes up a hill (Banker's Hill and Hillcrest).

They'll eventually go to the wrong area, and people put up a physical resistance. I hope us Americans have enough balls to put up a fight against our own government.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985
This could and hopefully start a revolution in the US. Today I believe, the many cities started drawing up plans of attack to drive out their low-income, poor and Non-Whites. LIKE SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA. They can deny it all they want, it WILL happen there first and the most.

I use to Live in San Diego, and they've done it before and now they can fully do it!

What will happen in San Diego in a year or so, The city council will probably annouce plans to build something huge in the area between Downtown and Barrio Logan and into Barrio Logan. It's low-income and mostly Hispanic. And It's flat. Unlike going north from Downtown, it goes up a hill (Banker's Hill and Hillcrest).

They'll eventually go to the wrong area, and people put up a physical resistance. I hope us Americans have enough balls to put up a fight against our own government.

Well, the polls clearly indicate that no one likes this ruling. I wonder if the government will play dumb and act like they don't care what the public thinks or listen the American people for once. I doubt that though because they haven't listened to the public on any other issues.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I believe that the city councils would change their mind if it was their homes being bulldozed to make way for an office complex, movie theather, shopping mall, or condos/apartments.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is a really bad idea and I can see it going horribly wrong in the future. I hope everyone goes crazy and starts up a fight about this.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Note to Democrats...

I watched the Senate confirmation hearings for Janice Rogers Brown on CSPAN. Barbara Boxer and the Democrats criticized Ms Brown, and opposed her nomination for a position on the Federal Bench based on her strict constitutional view of private property rights. Well, IMHO the Kelo decision illustrates exactly why we need more justices like Ms Brown.

I'm a Libertarian, and I complained about the eminent domain problem continuously during the election last year. To be clear, I have many, many complaints about Republicans. But the Democrats need to be hung for their stand on property rights as it's nothing short of despicable. To those Dems who actually support private property rights, I suggest you write to the leaders of your party and get them to change their position.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Duplicate
Please post your thoughts here:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

closed

top topics

join