It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth defense ring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2002 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Do you think a ring of ASAT sattelites, Space STations with MIRACL Lasers and Space Based Lasers
Would be powerfull enough to defend from the grays?

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 03:43 PM
link   
LoL I like how the first thing you think of is defending from aliens.. First of all, they're probably already here so it doesn't matter anyway. But I think it's possible for something like that to be built, it would only cost several trillion dollars.. But it could happen if some moron government actually tried it.

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 04:44 PM
link   
To defend from greys???

LMFAO!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostProphetBut it could happen if some moron government actually tried it.

WHY DO YOU THINK I WANT QUEBEC TO BE A COUTNRY???!!!!

===========

Serioulsy! it could not only defend from warmongering Aliens, blast away asteroids and other space threats!

for the modest cost of...
50 Trillions...

[Edited on 9/12/2002 by necro99]

posted on Oct, 18 2002 @ 10:25 PM
link   
it could work...

posted on Oct, 18 2002 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i agree with lost...
besides how do we know that aliens would be coming for war... and on that note if they were... think about it they are more suffisticated than us just to get here... we have only gotton to the moon... so with that i am sure they could wipe us out easily... look at how we wipe out roaches... it would be the same thing...

posted on Oct, 19 2002 @ 09:56 AM
link   
roaches dont have nukes.
Period.

posted on Oct, 21 2002 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wetdog
think about it they are more suffisticated than us just to get here... we have only gotton to the moon... so with that i am sure they could wipe us out easily... look at how we wipe out roaches... it would be the same thing...

Remember the Soviets in Afghanistan.

Soviets had everything, and the afghans had nothing. Tell me, who's the winner ?

Look the nazis. Their technology was far beyond us. Tell me, who's the winner ?

Technology is good, but when you want to win a war, you need more than technology.

On the other hand, it's not coz the greys are already here that we don't have to do something against them.

And the cost for an IDS shield is nothing. We have to know what we want. Saving our money and dieing, or spending our money and staying alive.

Universe is full of differents threats ! We have to be ready ! Each times we weren't ready, we had to suffer a war.

Si vis pacem, parabellum !!!

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 08:42 PM
link   
A Space Cruiser IS possible,
A Big star destroyer like shape with ion engines and rail-guns and MIRACLs, Not forgetting Atomic Cannons and, Ballistic missiles ant Vought ASAT Missiles.

It CAN be made.

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wild guess...

What if the Aliens are 4th dimensional beings...
Then none of those physical lasers and other weapons can do them an harm. They're vibrational frequency will be so high that our apparatus can't even detect them... Let alone attack them.

Not all life is physical...

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 07:52 AM
link   
An Earth Defense ring sounds too much like something from Halo, yeah yeah I know that the story of Halo is way off the beaten path of the Earth Defense Ring, but when I read the subject of this board, I thought "Halo anyone?" Matter a fact I think I'll go play some now.

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 09:55 PM
link   
hell, why not!

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 04:34 PM
link   
4th dimensional beings ? w.t.f.

im pretty f.ing sure that the only dimensions are our 3 spacial, time, in a sense, and the other 9 curled up dimensions present everywhere necessary for string theory

perhaps you are suggesting that they manipulate time ?

and the rest of that....
well wtf have you been reading man ?
some of the science on this site is a bit...

well other than that its pretty cool

anyway my theory is that our galaxy is devoid of other life, these greys are us in the future.

theoretically if we have twelve neutron stars pulsing in parallel, arranged in a line, the super gravitational contditions in the middle of the line would rip spacetime and relativity apart to the point that yuo could travel through time...
and the object must be in the shape of the standard 'flying saucer', if its going to survive, or be able to bring all of itself to the same site/time.

that is a big reason for the US military to be keeping them, they want to find out what mistakes we made, perhaps military secrets of other countries eg Russia, new technologies etc etc

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Ahhh, you know how *governments* operate...If they finance a defense satelitte system, it'll only be capable of pointing *towards* our planet so they can wipe each other out...And us with it.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 01:43 AM
link   

TheBandit795 Said...
What if the Aliens are 4th dimensional beings...

Actually it is quite possible that we are 4th dimensional beings ourselves.

If a point doesn't exist, and a line can only percieve a point, and consequently a flatworlder (2d guy) can only see a line, then it serves reason that a 3rd dimensional being can only perceive 2 dimensions at anytime, much like you with 1 eye.

But we can percieve 3 dimensions thanks to the aid of our second eye, and on top of that we can "grasp" time...just as the other dimensional beings can not grasp the concept of the next dimension "above" theirs, neither can we...so if we were 3rd dimensional beings, we would not be able to in any way perceive time, maybe this is what animals are?

But percieving time that makes us a 4th dimensional being. But just as a 2d being does not see all of his 2d world, we do not see all of our 4d universe, hence we can not see all of time.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yeah, maybe we are four-dimensional. Well, maybe we are almost there. Someone could get a time machine to work, at least in theory. I know it has something to do with black holes. Humans have a more advanced sense of time than any other animal. We invented the clock, and allow our lives to be dictated by it.

If aliens are so advanced that they make us look like primitive animals in comparison, then is there really anything we could do to defend ourselves from hostile aliens?

new topics

top topics

join