It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Illegal Immigrants Accessed Nuclear Weapons Grade Facility

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
00PS,
You may want to speak for yourself is you wish to call all americans Lazy.
Hate to tell you this, I am not one that was born with a spoon in my mouth. I was one that was born on the wrong side of the tracks and a half-breed no less.
There are many americans out there that do work and do the dirty jobs.
The problem of why these illegals are getting these jobs is in many cases, they are not even being paid minimum wage or even enough to live off of on their own.
To categorically denounce all americans as being lazy demeans yourself.
Now you state, securing the border between the US and Mexico makes you sick. Can you give us one good reason why there should not be some kind of controls put into place that enforce the laws of the land?
Or maybe you are promoting that we should jusat allow the illegal crossings along with the crime and drugs that it engenders?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Its because Canada frankly doesn't need you.

But in the U.S. we need workers that will do the work that you won't.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
isnt the U.S made on the backs of the working class and this why U.S is a superpower. and U.S is not made by the rich and lazy it is used by these people who just eat and swear at each other i lived in new york and i ve got the experience.

U.S has the status of the most power full industrial nation and i am not a american but just to make fact of it. Also if your government is lazy and doesnt want any thing to be done then the people should not be blamed as they do not work for the admistration.

[edit on 21-6-2005 by Interseptor]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Its because Canada frankly doesn't need you.

But in the U.S. we need workers that will do the work that you won't.

OOPS... I see where you are going... but you are taking the wrong vehicle...
We don't need mexicans to do the jobs that we wont, because we did them, before the mexicans were allowed to come across... (we just got paid more money to do them)
the real issue is that mexicans can work for less money because they need less to survive...
simply put... (and this will sound racist, but it isn't) it is cheaper to live like a mexican... most americans refuse to compromise and live that way...

we don't want to live with an entire family (or more) in one house sharing bills... we don't want to do without our material signs of wealth... We don't want to fix our own food, when restaurants are right there... (and that is where you are correct, americans are spoiled, but not lazy)

We want to keep the level of lifestyle that we have worked hard to gain during our countries formative years...

The problem now is that there are too many incentives for hiring mexicans, so that they actually are taking jobs from americans, rather than the "leftover jobs".
Any employer loves to hire mexicans because they work for cheap (but still get paid bookoos above what they would make in mexico).

I don't think this is a problem though... as soon as the asians start flooding into the US (already starting in california), they will in turn work for half what the mexicans would work for, so the mexicans will eventually be demanding the same salary protections that americans do...

I would simply love to have mexicans competiting for all jobs,
but only if employers were forced to pay mexicans the same wage that americans earn... (then the job goes to the best able, not the cheapest)

it would be good for the mexicans and good for the economy...
the latin culture is the largest growing portion of our society, so companies would love to earn the "mexican dollar". but right now, there is very little extra, since mexicans are forced to work for less money.

now as to this topic since it has gotten on a trail...
I don't recall the article saying anywhere that these immigrants were mexican... is that an assumption?

if they were mexican, they would still need to be "legal" to work there...
it is a government sponsored venture...

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

Foreign Born Immigrants come and do the work we won't. Want to change the problem? Motivate your country to regain its once strong work ethic.

End of story!

Fine come work, but for God's sake do it LEGALLY

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Some prior posting have gotten a bit off track, which is fine, as this website is for discussion after all.
But the key issue is that Americans, at the prodding of their elected officials, have been willfully giving up rights, habits and comforts both big and small, since 9/11.
These sacrifices have been grudgingly allowed on the assumption that a greater good is being accomplished.
If our elected officials are not serious about the end result of our 'restrictions'... we should not be serious about observing them.

As to the 'illegal alien' wage dispute.... a valid topic for another fascinating thread.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
now as to this topic since it has gotten on a trail...
I don't recall the article saying anywhere that these immigrants were mexican... is that an assumption?

if they were mexican, they would still need to be "legal" to work there...
it is a government sponsored venture...

Most are assuming they were Mexicans, the story did not say one way or the other. Race has nothing to do with the issue for all any one knows they could have been Hispanic, European, Asian etc. The issue is they were illegal immigrants working in a weapons grade Nuke facility.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is for OOPS are you here Illegally because it sounds like it. Hey poops they are breaking the law plain and simple and if you were a citizen and a proud one at that you would be very mad a people breaking the law, breaking the law is breaking the law and the law is put in place for a reson to protect us and our rights and if they want these rights become a citizen and do not come here and think we give it just to everyone. If we continue to let all those breaking the law to live here you had might as well throw out all the laws. OOPS I KNOW YOU ARE HERE ILLEGALLY. SO GO HOME !!!!!
What started in arizona will go forth across the rest of the lands of the true citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join