It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Puerto Rico Become Our 51st State?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
And of course, another benefit of porto rico becoming a US state is....more porto rican chicks in the US right!

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
For your information, over 50% of the people on this island speak English. We are FORCED to take english in school since Kindergarden all the way to 12th grade and even in college, so I dont know where the hell you get the idea that all we speak is Spanish.

Dude! I dint know you are Puerto Rican. Coool.

I shoulda known wit dat temper!

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
Personally, I say we swap out Texas for them........I think we would get the better deal.

Good one!

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks Marg and Ocelot for joining the conversation. It's nice to hear how Puerto Ricans feel about it, above all.

I personally think it would be cool to have Puerto Rico as our 51st state.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thanks oncelot you know what is going on and is very sad indeed, my mother keeps telling me that she can not even sit in her from porch at night do to scare of some drive by shooting.

My husband lost his nephew two years ago to drug related execution, by rival drug lords.

He was the personal driver to one of them and the rival group gun him down, he was only 26.

By the way the girl in the middle with the long dark hair looks like my daughter, but my daughter is much taller.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
And of course, another benefit of porto rico becoming a US state is....more porto rican chicks in the US right!

Good think Nygdan, if it doesn't the 51st State, can it join Great Britain? We'll trade Ireland for it?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Nice pic.
Athough, the images I'm used to seeing are the ones from the Puerto Rican day parade here in NYC. Those are not so nice.

ECK, why do you say "cool?" What do you mean by that?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
For your information, over 50% of the people on this island speak English. We are FORCED to take english in school since Kindergarden all the way to 12th grade and even in college,

Interesting, thats a good thing. Should go a ways to unite the peoples. I wasn't even aware of it.

so I dont know where the hell you get the idea that all we speak is Spanish.

Where do I get it from?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
ECK, why do you say "cool?" What do you mean by that?

I've had plenty of Puerto Rican friends/associations in the Army and out of. They're good people. Wish I could travel to the island.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Nice pic!
Bands of roving Budwieser girls taking to the streets in PR. Is that parade already over?

As far as PR becoming a state instead of a territory, it seems to me that the benifits outweigh the problems associated with gaining a state.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Nice pic!
Bands of roving Budwieser girls taking to the streets in PR. Is that parade already over?

Look out! kIdfinger on the loose!

Does anyone have any stats on how PR's are feeling about it these days?

It's very interesting that what Marg & Ocelot said about the difference between how older & younger PR's feel about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

46% are pro-statehood.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by Odium]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
en.wikipedia.org...

46% are pro-statehood.

Muchas Gracias, amigo!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
excuse me first of all you dont spell puerto rico like this porto rico and pr bein a independence nation will not last because pr have the rihts to et the same thing as usa im puerto rican and guess what i doing a report on pr should be a state and i say viva puerto rico it should be a state

top topics

<< 1   >>

join