It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F/A-22 is a deadly "bird"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I just can't believe that most people thought russian aircrafts are better than the united states, perhaps they should be more modest and research more information regarding f-22 on the web.
Althought Russia has the s-37, su-37, and mig-1.44, which are very impressive aircraft, but F-22 is still better than these aircraft.----- " No fighter in the world comes close to matching the F/A-22. By every measure, the Raptor represents extraordinary breakthroughs in maneuverability, stealth, sensor fusion - a wealth of parameters that define a new era in fighter capability."
F-22's unique sensor fusion allows F-22 flight in omnious situation and can process the information of how to and when to kill the enemy, yet, allows F-22 detects enemy aircraft in a very far range, so even without the stealth, F-22 still can do the first look, first shoot and first kill ability. F-22's radar system is very powerful, almost parallel to the E-3.
So, no matter how the threats are, the deadly "bird" will overcome in the state of facile.

www.f22fighter.com...

EDIT: direct linked oversized image/photo/wallpaper

[edit on 20-6-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Another article that proves the Raptor is the best

I think most people know the Raptor has no equal (and won't for 20-30 years), but they would like something in the same class just to make things interesting. Thats the only reason why they occasionally bring up Russian concept aircraft or new European aircraft.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by NWguy83]

[edit on 20-6-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
By the way I have to say the Su-37 was just an experimental prototype like the YF-22. And the Mig-1.44 is just a cool concept design.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Greetings,

This is for the mods, I beg you to be please enter a new line into the FAQ for the Aircraft page.

"NO F/A-22 Ego building"

People, mainly from america, I might add, continually post threads with "F/A-22 vs SU32, lets face it we know the best" over and over and OVER again. We all know of listed abilities of the F/A-22, stop flogging a dead horse.

- Phil

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I'm from the US and personally I think the new SU-30+ aircraft are beautiful deadly aircraft. Russia has always built some rather nice airplanes. Some of them have been pretty fugly, but the same could be said for some designs entered into competition for US contracts too. I mean hey, look at the A-10. That's probably the fugliest airplane ever, but it's also one of the most manuverable ever made, without the benefit of a thrust vector system. I agree that quite a few people have gone overboard with the "Our F-22 is better than your " The only way we'll ever find out is to have an actual war involving those aircraft, and I'm pretty sure that we all would rather that DIDN'T happen.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
by the by guys 2 more raptor at langley now. man i can't wait to see these things flying around even more. anyone think that they will deploy the raptor anywhere in dec when the first sqn becomes operational?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Most likely the F22 is the best fighter but atm Russian planes are better. That is untill the raptor enters service.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yeah the F/A-22 is nice, but I still say a hardcore fighter jock in an F-4 could waste some young stud in an F/A-22

And yes I am 'old-school'

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That's just stupid... yes I know too that the Raptor will be a plane unseen before... But you can't just say that YET... It isn't combat prooven... When I see with my bare eyes that a Raptor can defeat all the (good) Russian fighters, then You can say that it's unwinsible... But not yet...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
BTY, were all the sites you read about the F/A-22 "American"... That could proove why the Raptor is so good...
I love the Raptor, We shouldn't just brag about it YET...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
first sqn is operational/combat ready as of this dec. hopefully we will find out soon enough if all the hype is true. personally i think it will live up to the hype but thats just me.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

but atm Russian planes are better.

You couldn't be more wrong, Russian planes in general are inferior to US built aircraft, likewise against ECD's as well.

The best aircraft Russian has right now they are selling, the Su-30MKK/MKI, are inferior to the F-15C in many key areas.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
We already have enough F-22 Raptor topic threads floating around active.
As such, I am taking this topic offline by closing it.

seekerof

top topics

join