It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA sequencing of cryptids has it been done?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I am a long time listener first time caller (I've always wanted to say that). I have recently been browsing this site and many others about cryptids and have seen where many "specimens" have been found ie. teeth, hair and doody. Have any of these trinkets been DNA tested? I realize with out a control sample it would be hard to say this is the hair of creature x, but if sasquatch hair were sequenced its mitochondrial dna could be explored.

Can anyone tell me if this has been attempted? And if so what were he results?

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Lord Vilmur]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Supposedly, yes. From the remains of an infant.

Did not hear of the results.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Remains of an infant, who found those?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
Supposedly, yes. From the remains of an infant.Did not hear of the results.

It'd be nice if you had some sort of citation for information like that, or anything resembing specifics, like what cryptid/organism, etc etc.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Let me be more specific. I have heard that Bigfoot hair has been found (as well as loch ness teeth...but i will deal specifically with Bigfoot) has anyone ever tried to dna tested one of these samples?
I would site the finding of the sample, but i heard it from the curator of the local bigfoot museum, and it was antecdotal.

So my question is has anyone tried to sequence the dna of "bigfoot", and if they have what were the results?

hope that was clearer.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Let me be more specific. I have heard that Bigfoot hair has been found (as well as loch ness teeth...but i will deal specifically with Bigfoot) has anyone ever tried to dna tested one of these samples?
I would site the finding of the sample, but i heard it from the curator of the local bigfoot museum, and it was antecdotal.

So my question is has anyone tried to sequence the dna of "bigfoot", and if they have what were the results?

hope that was clearer.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Not sequencing, no.

They analyzed hair, and haven't ever found any "mystery hair." It's all been known species. Not cryptids.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   

TextThey analyzed hair, and haven't ever found any "mystery hair." It's all been known species. Not cryptids.

not true....see the post i made about national geographic and the bigfoot/yeti

sorry, i wouldnt have started a thread if id read this one first, i would have just replied to this one.

top topics

join