It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret base around Parker Az. Info anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My Mom and Dad were on their way to Mexico last week to fill some prescriptions. We all live in Kingman. On the way dad saw a wide, well graded road, with a community in the distance that he hadn't noticed before. The desert is deceiving and things are usually further than you think. They were pulling a small travel trailer and weren't able to turn around when he changed his mind. After awhile a truck showed up and followed. further up the road they were stopped by a truck across the road with the hood up. Dad said the man, that had asked what he was doing, was in military camo with U.S. Army insignia. My father is retired Division chief of the Las Vegas fire Dept. and also Retired deputy sheriff of the Yakima wash.sheriff dept. So the man was willing th talk a little bit. Dad said that 6 plain clothes came out to 2 tanks "water tanks I think".
Dad teased the guy ... "that's your backup huh? the man laughed and said "yep your right". Dad asked what they had going on up further. He said "you wouldn't believe what they've got up there." Dad asked "like what" the man said "stuff" and grinned. Dad noticed a wider area past the pick-up and asked if he could turn around there. The guy said "that's what it's there for and no one gets past that." The guy moved the truck...dad turned around and the truck that followed him up turned and followed him about half way back out. SO..... My question is... anyone know which ( unknown)base this is? It's either between Havasu And Parker , Az or after Parker. So that puts it on the East side of the Colorado River. I'll press him more later. As of last week end he doesn't say I'm full of "it" anymore.. He's now a believer of some of what I've run into out here. If you've got info let me know. Then I'll go check it out. I've learned that here in Arizona and Nevada, (where I grew up), you never jump into these places without a little heads-up. From 1st hand experience... Really nasty bummer!!! So if you know something let me now.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by synystyr69]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Have you tried searching the area on Google Satellites? I would imagine it would be very hard to spot unless you could track down the road that your Dad was on, but it would give you a good project to do.

So if you have to directions that they took, just track the road and see what you find, let us know

I'm sure you'll find many here that will help you once you narrow it down a bit more

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferak Psi
Have you tried searching the area on Google Satellites? I would imagine it would be very hard to spot unless you could track down the road that your Dad was on, but it would give you a good project to do.

So if you have to directions that they took, just track the road and see what you find, let us know

I'm sure you'll find many here that will help you once you narrow it down a bit more

I hadn't thought about that...I didn't know they had satellite mapping I really hate Google... Too commercial...Terrible searchs. wish I could eliminate it. I try and get more info and try your suggestion.
Thanks

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Just tired your suggestion....as I thought REALLY disappointed in GOOPLE as usual. It is a good Idea... I'll use terraserver or one of the others thanks again.
I would really like some one that knows about this place to give info.. Satelite Imagrey may tell you it is there ... but that tells you absolutely nothing. I have found that some sights I know exit are not available on satelite or are blobbed out.
Thanks again

pao

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
can you give me as much details as you can on the roads you took? i live pretty close (around 2 hours) away, and im willing to take a mini road trip to see if i can find anything.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I live in pheonix and if I was old enough drive I would check it out, by the way, why were you going to mexico to fill your prescriptions?

[edit on 27-6-2005 by punkmonkey14]

pao

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
because prescriptions in mexico can save you anywhere from like 10 to 75 percent.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
mexican pharmacies=narcotic painkillers w/ no prescription. If I lived close to mexico, I would be there all the damn time.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There are four state parks in the region of Havasu and Parker but not much else, an airport and lots of open land.

The only "interesting" (very bleakly) thing I can find relevant to the La Puz region is the following quote:

East of Bouse, 30 miles along a dirt road, is Swansea. Now a ghost town, Swansea was once a copper mining community of 750. Although the mine closed in 1924 and the town died, many remnants still exist. Twenty miles east of Bouse, in the remote Butler Valley, is Camp Bouse. This secret Army base was built during World War II to train men with a "new" tank designed for night warfare.

Source: www.infozona.com...

Other places:

Luke Air Force Base
Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson
Fort Huachuca in Sierra Vista
Army's Yuma Proving Ground
Marine Corps Air Station Yuma

[edit on 28-6-2005 by SimonGray]

new topics

top topics

join