It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman ordered to marry the rapist.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cw034
It's inhumane and cruel. And people wonder why there is such a dislike for Muslims and their religious beliefs. Gee, could this be the reason??? He rapes her then gets to marry her, while she has to live with it. And they call their religion "peaceful"?? Kinda makes you wonder what they would be like if they were a religion of hate!!

Did you actually read this thread or just the first sentence?

Obviously it's cruel, but radical Muslim governments aren't the only guilty party do not spell the course of all Islam. Etc. etc. just read the thread, I'm not going to repeat what has already been said.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
People seem to forget that often leaders of a religion are more "orthodox", or hardline, than the mass of followers. This is true not only for Islam - look at the Catholic Church under Pope Benedict... most Catholics don't practice what the Vatican preaches...

So if the intransigence of the higher-ups in Islam makes all of Islam bad, does the intransigence of the Pope make all of Catholicism bad?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Yo cw034, read the bible lately? You might want to read my previous post.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666
"If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silvers, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days." (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

Oh... I wish I had a 'way above' vote left for ya'. That was an
interesting find. Very thought provoking!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yes. A man prostituting his daughter is very thought provoking.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by riley]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
And Islam is a "religion of peace." It's stories like these that should wake up the tulip-walking liberals to the kind of enemy we are facing everyday at home and abroad. These people are living in another century!

And don't get me started on the female genitalia mutilation that they often practice... Just plain cruel.

Agreed !!

how exactly is this a punishement. so a guy rapes a woman and she is forced to marry him, giving him now access to raper her daily under marital rights???

if anything this is punishimg the victim, but than again that happens in our courts on a daily basis too, as where a woman will be humiliated by the delfense lawyers of the rapist, and many times we still hear things like " she got what she was asking for", " it was just rough sex". or my all times favorite " boys will be boys".....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join