It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out this web site for classified military spending!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I didn't realise the space shuttle has anything to do with the military?
What's this about:

www.governmentcontractswon.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I didn't realise the space shuttle has anything to do with the military?
What's this about:

www.governmentcontractswon.com...

Not 100% sure but its most likely the money used to finance defence sattelittes that are deployed by the shuttle!

Mic

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
everything space is bound to be military.

go to us supreme space command website and read their imperialist domination fantasies for yourself

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
If you click on the directory link for contractors it lists all the contractors, it's on the left of the page.

Sea World, it says the contract is for "live animals not raised for food" I guess we know where the navy gets it's trained dolphins from now.

WTF, Lockheed must get 2/3 of the entire US tax revenue.

Check the weapons systems directory.

No Kidding "air charter for things"...........a mind numbing amount, billions of dollars. Look at Fed-ex, OMG.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
How do you think they're getting bombs to Afghanistan and Iraq for the USAF to use? There isn't enough transport in the military for everything they need to fight a war, so there is an agreement with civil carriers to supply planes to transport troops, and weapons on an as needed basis.

As far as the shuttle goes.......

"The United States Air Force at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California built a second one, Space Launch Complex (SLC)-6, for a set of proposed military missions on the Shuttle. However, the Department of Defence removed its military payloads from the Shuttle after the 1986 Challenger accident, and before it had planned to launch any Shuttle missions from the site, and NASA's need to use SLC-6 for Shuttle launches disappeared."

"There would be no shortage of customers either. By the end of 1979, the first few years of Shuttle flights had been fully booked with nine commercial and foreign users reserving space along with NASA's own payloads and Department of Defence and other U.S. government agency missions."

Until 1986 the Military launched many sattelites on the Shuttle. They don't launch them from it anymore, but the ones up there still need servicing, which the shuttle can do easily.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If it's so classified, then why is it on the net? I'll check it out when I get some time and edit with feedback.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
If it's so classified, then why is it on the net? I'll check it out when I get some time and edit with feedback.

It's not classified at all. All the classified stuff is marked so and gives no description of what it is, just how much was spent on it. The site also doesn't list projects buried by the government in non-military budgets like say the D.o.E. budget.

Zaphod58, the satellite payloads are no surprise but I remember reading that some classified payloads are still on the shuttle even if they aren't in the cargo bay. Only shuttle crew authorized by the Air Force can handle them.The airforce has a need to find out how certain systems work in zero-g environments, some are small enough to be handheld projects. One example was a camera type device that was mounted inside the crew compartment.

Another point about the shuttle is that some of the tech in it is joint NASA/USAF so I guess it kinda makes sense to see some of it on a defense budget.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join