It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
ok well demo came out friday........ awsome game i went to a lan party from 11pm fri night to 8 am sat. played it a total of somewhere around 5 hours. even though the demo has one map. it never gets old to me. so what im really asking is for all of you that haev the demo how do you like it. are you happy with it, dissapointed..? what is new to you that you never thought would be in bf2?(if anything)

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
well I need to dl it or something, cause I got a magazine in the mail with a nvidia brochure that shows Battlefield 2 and from what I read and saw, it makes me want to do an /airhump

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hey, what did ya'll do 2 get the demo 2 work???

MINE WON'T!!! I WAITED 12 HRS 4 JACK!!!

lol!

I'M SERIOUSLY TICKED!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm sitting here in my corner, waiting for the file to download. Right now it's only at 6%. And chances are it won't work. Anyhow my brother lost hitman 2, I can't play PC games because my PC's downloading the BF2 demo, and yeah, I'm bored out of my mind.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
AH! Somebody please help! Ok I downloaded it, got it installed but when I go to start it, it won't start! Anybody know how to fix that?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
AH! Somebody please help! Ok I downloaded it, got it installed but when I go to start it, it won't start! Anybody know how to fix that?

THAT'S EXCATLY WHAT HAPPENED 2 MINE!!!

PLZZZZ HELP US!!!

lol

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well, I WAS looking to get this game the first second it hit the shelves. I think I'll watch the reviews and message boards a bit first!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
first impressions

IT's OK, its nothing mindshatteringly cool, if guns are really that inaccurate irl i feel sorry for the modern soldier lol

it's fun if you can get into a vehicle. I like the lil sprint feature they added.

I was more into bf1942 though... ahwell

its EA what should I have expected?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i had the same problem with that i redownloaded it and reinstalled it and it worked fine. well its coming out midnight tonight. i need 20$ more untill i can get it. i might get it this weekend. i hate the sniper rifle. it takes about 20 shots to kill one guy. when your proned and the target is standing still!!!!!!!! ███

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
got my copy this mornin! awesome game. been playin the demo since its release too

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
seems with a sniper rifle i have to shoot the target twice?

wtf that ain't snipering!

guess I'm too use to CS?

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i have found out a new way to sniper thats working well. get the special forces gun any team and set it to single shot. have the gun out and hit 3 again. the zoom in and have fun i found that you can kill more people like that then an actual sniper rifle. it doesnt zoom in much but ya it still works. and for all of you that have played the demo have you ever been comander? fun option. this is killing me i need 20 more $ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. i cant wait to get it

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
To the guys not beeing able to run the game , let me guess you own Geforce 4 video cards ?

you need to DL a fix which disables pixelshading or somethign along that line, baceuse GeForce 4 series cards are not equiped to do that(only Geforce FX series and the better aticards can handle this game. there is a link to this fix on any major BF2 forum.

This game seriously rocks, the new commander function is a great addition, so are the squad formations and communications.Also compared to desert combat, the choppers and planes are fairly easy to fly with (if you have a decent joystick that is)

and i agree abou tthe sniper rifle, i mean teh special ops rifle is way better to snipe with , a real sniper should have one shot > one kill. maybe they'll adjust this slightly in the full version, lets hope so.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Ok I'm going to get this game soon, however I'm in shock that it takes two shots to the head supposedly with a sniper rifle. Thats just wrong. Oh well I hear theres a patch out already, maybe that'll fix things.

D

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Bought the game last week. Not that good at it but I'm having lots of fun. I love playing as special forces and trekking across the whole map taking nearly 20 minutes to plant C4 on their radar and artillery.

My Stats

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ive been playing alot latley trying to get my rank up. my problem is i get a punkbuster msg saying that i need a different version. but im running the version it came with and the patch didnt upgrade it so im puzzled. anyway my stats

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Plays ok on my 2400+ and 9500 pro. I played it over July 4th weekend, A lot. Then I uninstalled it. I can't play it to all of its glory, and I'm not dropping $50 on a game where I need to ramp down the graphics, and I;m not dropping $200 on a soon to be obsolete AGP video card. If I find it for $30 on sale somewhere, I'll be sure to get it, though.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
According to the BF2 official support desk if you don't have a 128mb graphics card then it ain't gonna work and it will go black screen then nuffin'! Well that's what happened to me. I will be investigating the GeForce4 patch thing someone mentioned. In the mean time I don't think that many people will be able to actually run the game given the minimum specs, they are ridiculous!

D

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I really would like to see a China vs. MEC map instead of playing as or opposing the US in ever map. I know it doesn't really make a difference, but still.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Caution!
BF2 is very picky about video cards, so read the stuff on the site.
I have a Radeon 9200 with 128MB, but it doesnt run it. Go fig...

It likes Nvidias though. Damm pickiest game about cards I've seen in a while.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join