It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When there is no more room in hell......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The Dead will walk the Earth. Is zombism possible? Is there a possibility that a chemical reaction in the brain can turn people into zombies? Lately i've been having dreams of my town being overrun by zombies. The very thought scares the hell out of me. Imagine a "Dawn of the Dead" type ordeal where you wake up and the world is amuk with the walking dead. Or a disease like "rage" in 28 days later, could any of this be possible?

Y.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Its possible

However i believe that it refers to Spiritually Dead (since hell is a spiritually dead place)

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I seriously hope not, or i'd get my shot gun and marry Milla Jovovich like Pronto!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If any of the "possibilities of something raising the dead such as has been promoted in the various movies were to occur. The effects would not be lasting.
The reason, Decay. For a quote zombie to become amulatory, the musculature would still have to be in a near life-like condition.
After death, the body starts to decay very quickly. The muscles, nerves etc, would not last very long so a raised from the dead, body would only be amulatory for at most a week maybe 2. After that, the bodies would not be able to do much of anything.
As for the "spread" of a disease like as in the movies..... again, it would not be able to last too long. If such were to occur such as in 28 Days or in Resident Evil, all that would have to be done is to quarantine the area and prevent the any "escapes. While that was going on, the medical facilities around the world would be working on a cure immunization, to protect survivors.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have read things about actual zombies being used in Haiti. Witch Doctors there are supposedly able to raise the dead to a zombie like state and use them as slaves. As a result, people live in fear of the Witch Doctors, and the zombies, and watch over graves of loved ones to protect them from being taken and used as a zombie slave.
So if this is to be believed, zombism seems possible.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
When there is no more room in Hell ....

I don't think Hell will run out of room.
I'm sure there is plenty of room.
I also believe that Hell is a state of being
thus Hell can be anywhere the damned
soul is ...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Actually, a Zombie in the Vodun religion (vodoo was created by hollywood), is actually a living person who is under the influence of some extremely strong drug that are adminitered by a caplatas (also known as bokors) otherwise known as a witch doctor.
Here is a good read on this
VODUN

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is not a possibility.

Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it. KJV Isaiah 5:14

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurityOfPeace
I have read things about actual zombies being used in Haiti. Witch Doctors there are supposedly able to raise the dead to a zombie like state and use them as slaves. As a result, people live in fear of the Witch Doctors, and the zombies, and watch over graves of loved ones to protect them from being taken and used as a zombie slave...

Actually the people that become "zombie slave" were not dead at all. These people were drug with paralysis drug from a particular fish and cause their heart to be beat extremely low. So, these people were presume dead by Phd doctors in hospital...usually those people don't get autopsy...so they get buried the same day or night

Witch Doctors knows that and they have the antidote...so at night they would come to the cemetery to dig the victim up from the ground and administer them the antidote...along with other drugs to make them remain in a altered state...and to make them more obedient...like a Slave!

So, technically these so call "zombie slave" in Haiti are still alive, sorry!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick_y_2
The Dead will walk the Earth. Is zombism possible? Is there a possibility that a chemical reaction in the brain can turn people into zombies? Lately i've been having dreams of my town being overrun by zombies. The very thought scares the hell out of me. Imagine a "Dawn of the Dead" type ordeal where you wake up and the world is amuk with the walking dead. Or a disease like "rage" in 28 days later, could any of this be possible?

Y.

i think you're watching one to many zombie movies :p

it also isn't that surprising that you're watching all these movies and having dreams about them. the 'zombies' and 'rage' you talk about are not medical conditions, so don't worry i think a 'shaun of the dead' type scenario with you saving the world is not likely.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I haven't been watching too many zombie movies lately. The last one I saw was probably a year or so ago. Who said anything about saving the world?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
because that's what happens in the movies. taking a film concept and saying could that happen in real life is getting old...

it's like me saying could an event like independence day really happen, because i've been having dreams where awful actors try and fight an alien invasion...

or could jurassic park be real, like some illuminati conspiracy where they bring dinosaurs back to life using frog dna and set them on the world, because i've had a dream that it happened... or maybe it was because i was just dreaming i was in the f**king film.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Is it wrong to want something like this to happen???
i just think it wud be cool....or at least a drastic change to the dullness of normal life.....

Life would be more like a movie!

ACTUALLY! the mock-science behind it most times about zombies is that something regenerates the decayed bodies like the regenerating virus that reactivated the dead cells etc in resident evil or that u no......the science behind some are that its just a zombie movie!

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
heh funny that i saw this topic because i was thinking about the same thing last night.. i doubt it can happen but ive thought to myself of what i should do if it actually happens, my first thought was to jump on my room through my bedroom window to see what i should do next and if there is no hope then i will dance on the roof naked with glowsticks with the techno song zombie nation in the background..
yeah its a work in progress

[edit on 12-6-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I just think to myself that i'm laying in bed one night and I catch a glimpse of the road out my window and it's flooded with zombies. I would have no where to go. I would be absolutely trapped.

I do like the zombie nation idea though. Ha Ha

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'd shoot the living people who fall if theyre beyond being rescued. Sounds harsh....but what would you rather do get shot or ripped slowly apart and eaten alive?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
True, but if they've falen behind I wouldn't want to take the time to go back and shoot them then i'd fall behind too. But i would eliminate the weak and anyone else that would slow me down. Indeed it's harsh but it's all about survival.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hey and hu sed that the spirits from hell would inhabit dead BODIES. maybe theyll just all burst out a cave that leads to the centre of the earth with entirely perfect bodies lusting for murder and flesh and stuff that hell people like!
mmm for some reason this conversation is making me hungry

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwenActually the people that become "zombie slave" were not dead at all. These people were drug with paralysis drug from a particular fish and cause their heart to be beat extremely low. So, these people were presume dead by Phd doctors in hospital...usually those people don't get autopsy...so they get buried the same day or night

Witch Doctors knows that and they have the antidote...so at night they would come to the cemetery to dig the victim up from the ground and administer them the antidote...along with other drugs to make them remain in a altered state...and to make them more obedient...like a Slave!

So, technically these so call "zombie slave" in Haiti are still alive, sorry!

A-ha, right! Nothing to be sorry about, i was not entirely sure about the whole thing, the subject just jogged my memory of something i read.
What you say does sound far more believable! Those Witch Doctors are real swindlers aren't they!?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Swindler? Yeah, thats the word. And it never left Haiti, promise. The rest of the world, no interest in controlling other humans. Not like a house servant that English Lords used to have, you know, you don't mind control those at all...

Zombie is a state of mind. Work, Shop, Eat.

That is Zombie behavior, even if they told you Zombies only 'kill' and only eat 'human flesh'.

There are plenty of zombies in the real world, and there are unfortunately plenty of well-trained Western 'witch doctors', or PR-marketing-spinsters as we call them here, that know how to control this mass of people down to an art.

All you can do is 'save' yourself from becoming addicted to 'society'.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join