It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have mars moons disappeared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
let me start by apologizing for not being able to find this info.i did a keyword search of phobos in ATS search butt got so many threads i didnt research them all to find what i needed.i just read the book chariots ofthe gods and it mentioned about theory that phobos maybe artificial and hollow.i then googled phobos and found this sight that claims the moons are gone.yet no other googled site mentioned this.does anyone have any input or could link me to a thread that discusses this .thanks. here is the site i found www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I don't think they are gone.
As the Mars Rovers have photographed them eclipsing the sun on various
occasions.
The Mars express orbiter has recently photographed Phobos (in the last few months)

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by donquad2001
here is the site i found www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

Erm... How about no? Sorry, but that website has some of the biggest loads of crap I have ever seen in my life. No offense to you or anything, I know you didn't know. That's why you're asking!

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I know they arent gone. A while back when mars was in view in the night sky I used a Skotch tape and dark green planetary filter tequnique to see both the moons. It was at super high magnification I think I calculated at 175xs and it was a stable night. It took me a few minuets to get an opening in the atmosphere to see but persistince pays off and I saw them. I assure you they are there.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
thank you mizar and others,

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
so whats next on the msising list? the Trojan asteroids of jupiter?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Enough of Von Daniken's claims have, however, been examined to reveal his method of operations: to dazzle the reader with a skillful blend of half-truths (as well as quarter and eighth- truths, too). Looking into his past, (Ref: New York Times Book Review), we should not be too surprised to find that his rather broad criterion of truthfulness has, at times, brought him into conflict with the law. A court in his native Switzerland found Von Daniken guilty of embezzlement, forgery, and fraud, sentencing him to three and a half years in prison. While operating a Swiss hotel. it seems he fraudulently obtained money by misrepresenting his financial assets, this experience in deception later proving invaluable in his literary career. It was during this stay as a guest of the Swiss government that he wrote his second book, Gods from Outer Space, now also a best seller.

Put the book where it belongs. In the garbage

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
so whats next on the msising list? the Trojan asteroids of jupiter?

The solar system!

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hey, no need to mock him, he looks to be a pretty new member and came here with a question, seeking to Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
So basically you question is: does Phobos Exist, and is it hollow?.

well...yes & no.

Ask again in 200 years...since by that time Mars' gravity will have pulled phobos close enough that the gravity will rip it to pieces and down onto Mars' suface.

and its not hollow...like all planetary bodies...its had its share of hits.

new topics

top topics

join