It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the real Stargate-SG1

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
as much as i love the show and watch it religiously, and as much as i would love to believe that its based on fact, the big question remains unanswered:

if there is, indeed, a stargate program being run by the US airforce, why in the hell are we spending so much time killing each other here on earth? why not just make it public knowledge, and let the chips fall where they may? true, there might be some initial non-believing riots, but once proven it would have to bring us closer together as fellow members of the human race on earth. especially if there is some evil race intent on our distruction or subjugation as a species.

our leaders may be stupid, but they aint dumb. if stargates do exist, there is no real reason for the wars currently being fought.....its a waste of time, money, and lives. therefore, it cant be real.

I think that's where our government's innocence comes into play. I don't think our administration really knows what is in southern Iraq. I don't think we know for sure if there's a Stargate, but I do believe our government is fully aware of Sumerian lore. I think what's going on is Bush is fearing a possible alien takeover, or more plausibly, that this ET tech is getting into the wrong hands. And because of this, Bush couldn't tell the public exactly why we're at war because maybe he doesn't know. Maybe that's why he's been calling the target "Weapons of Mass Destruction" and not nuclear or anything else. I think that's the real scare here.

I think it's quite obvious that our government isn't against us. They aren't out for their agendas on this one. I think what's happening is our fear of possible Sumerian lore / ET tech in Iran's hands is forcing Bush to take drastic measures.

And those drastic measures are what I fear, not aliens.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think i know what it is
Georgey heard about the rumours and local lore of that area (probably while surfing the net!:lol

Now like anyone else we think its not real obv...........but what if? theres always, always a slight chance right?
he had to be absolutely sure there wasnt any advanced tech in iraq, and so he went to check! couldnt have it ending up in iraqi hands.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It might sound funny, but when it is costing lives (2 more pilots died today, 25 dead in another "terrorist bombing"), it's no longer a laughing matter.

What hurts even more for me - my supposed Catholic friends think I'm a lunatic now because I believe Bush is in Iraq for ET tech. Funny that they ridicule me because our men are dying for an unknown cause while they pray to something they've never seen. I'm sick of the conflict in Iraq and the conflict in my back yard.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by Glooper23]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I always have to laugh at some americans, "blind patriotism". They will believe in bush and everything he says blindly, without thinking about the possible other reasons. They dont think that the war was a tad overblown for a hunch on a country out of the lego box of countries with wmd's that need to be stopped.

ANYWAY were getting a tad off topic. Yes i do believe that bush could have been, as a side thing or as the core reason, checking for ancient advanced technology, likely just to make absolutely sure about the history of the area.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I wish this topic could be moved to a more popular section of the forum because I'd like to think this is the most important world topic. I'm surprised more people aren't discussing this.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think there are much more important world topics such as global warming,nuclear proliferation etc than the discussion about non-existent stargates brought on by a Scifi TV show.
Tell me this...if they are supposed to be real then show me evidence of their existence BEFORE the tv show started.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
There is actually folklore and ancestral history of i think more than 3 cultures about stargates that predates the show about.......a few centuries???

Also all the myths about the "gods being aliens" etc. Its all from real myths.

But im not saying its a conlusive connection.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The reason I want this discussed more is not just because there could be a Stargate. Perhaps I want this to go off onto the tangent of "what is happening to us?"

More clearly, what I want discussed is the concern that Bush is after ET tech. Whether that's a stargate or something else, I have no doubt our gov is scared of Iran getting their hands on this technology.

That's what I want to discuss, not necessarily a stargate that will flood in an alien race in 7 years.

I think the fact that Bush's fear of technology getting into the wrong hands is killing many day after day is the biggest concern for this world right now. It's not just an American Middle Eastern concern now.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glooper23
The reason I want this discussed more is not just because there could be a Stargate. Perhaps I want this to go off onto the tangent of "what is happening to us?"

May I suggest starting a new thread? I would love to have a lengthy discussion about what is happening to us, or about Bush and ET tech. And that way, you're not hijacking this thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think it's a good idea, but in which forum do you think it fits best? There are several it could fit in.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It should be in Military projects. If true, then it is a military project

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
but shaddow - we have a few more than one nuclear device here

As for the Stargate I'd love for this to exist but i think it really is pure SciFi - why ? well for many years SciFi writers hit a block on the realities of space travel. So some new "theories" had to be developed so we got

Warp Drive - Star Trek
Gates - Stargate
Gates/hyperspace - Babylon 5 (though by no means the first)
FTL - Asimov
Wormholes - Deep Space 9

Its a plot device unfortunately - ironically in my book some of the best SciFi movies have completely ignored FTL - like 2001 ASO - Alien went back to the simple concept of people into cryogenic suspension.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_a_anderson
well i spose it does although why would the ancients have a stargate in england as it gets very cold there, especially in the past? A gate would have to be discovered, we do not have the technology to create one (or the nadaquria). we do have antimatter though and that does hold positive electrons... slightly unstable though at the moment. the americans wouldnt like their discoveries to be out of their countries however due to them wanting complete control and secrecy. if the gate was in australia then the australians would have to know there is something there.
gates are theoretically possible though yet the only one other than on earth would be in the next solar system wouldnt it?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_a_anderson
well i spose it does although why would the ancients have a stargate in england as it gets very cold there, especially in the past? A gate would have to be discovered, we do not have the technology to create one (or the nadaquria). we do have antimatter though and that does hold positive electrons... slightly unstable though at the moment. the americans wouldnt like their discoveries to be out of their countries however due to them wanting complete control and secrecy. if the gate was in australia then the australians would have to know there is something there.
gates are theoretically possible though yet the only one other than on earth would be in the next solar system wouldnt it?
Not Even the local Aboriginal tribes could get near pine gap without being shot. Not only that, Pine gap is one of the best positions for looking and listening to space as it is completely flat, open and away from everything. The land at pine gap is American owned. No information needs go to any australian govt. Stone henge is even older than the pyramids! If we are talking ancients, than they would be before the egptions and everyone. And england would have been almost a walk to the rest of europe. Lower waters etc..... And back then "mother nature" used to travel from land to land to give life to the new season of crops. Oktober Fest in germany originally had a horse and cart pull around a beautiful bright white lady known as the mother and she travelled to all the lands to give her blessing to the crops. That may be an ancient! who knows. More reading needed.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
So there really is another debate within this. Is there any evidence to show that there were "Ancients", so to speak at one time or another on earth. Or perhaps the humans (not as we know them of course, not earth humans) visited and populated this planet........

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Actually the Americans own loads of land in other countries right? And why are they spending so much money going back and forth to the moon? We've already been there for 40 years but we are still going to spend trillions to go back again? Hmmm..........................Wasn't the moon originally a chunk of Earth that drifted away? And there is a meteor that may hit us in 2036, theyve called it Apophis......hmmm......

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
all i can say is LOL. but no it isnt hidden code for were about to be invaded.
you hope

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
IF there was really a gate that would be awesome, we would all come together and stop killing eachother and start pwning other alien races!

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I havnt read all the replys on the thread but what was a question requesting info on STARGATE has turned into a thread about nothing...its gone crap !!

Has anyone mentioned the fact that PROJECT STARGATE has nothing to do with a crappy tv series and a mediocre movie..

Correct me if im wrong but, PROJECT STARGATE was theCIA and the US militarys use of REMOTE VIEWERS for intelligence gathering purposes from 1973 until 1995, along with PROJECT SUNSTREAK, CENTRE LANE and GRILL FLAME.

Nothing to do with Iraq, time travel, james spader etc..

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
when searching for info about these stargates i came across this site
www.physics.leidenuniv.nl about so called stargates found in south america
also try typing stargates iraq in google images

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join