It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this saucer Real or Fake??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
Its a drawing of this

Russia's UFO-Style Airship: Locomoskyner

Wow, way to completely miss the information provided in the post immediately preceding your own

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It's not a "UFO" 'cause it's in a human storage and it has a name in English!

All you had to do was go to Google Images and type SKY SHIP and then take your choice of sources!

[edit on 30-4-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

NV, You are wigging about research 5 years after the timestamp on the OP; doesn't anyone pay attention or read the entire thread any more????

It was indeed a dirigible, meaning a metallic skeleton with enclosed air/gas bags/chambers ala the 'Hindenburg'; unlike the all-too familiar blimp which has an external gondola, this type has everything internal.

And Muzzleflash, the object to the right of the saucer appears to be a partial side profile shot of a normal b type, limp, aircraft.

just my 02c.

seeker

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
ALRIGHT MUZZLEFLASH, Amazing stuff!!! wow!
I havent got aclue if the saucer is real,buts its a cool picture anyway

star and flag!!! like always! you just have top notch threads!
ATS give this guy a job on ats ,amazing stuff!!!
invisible jackets looks amazing and very convincing!!
THE PILOT STANDING ON THE PLANE [i THINK]LOL BRILLIANT!!!
I am blown awat here!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
hm , basic research took < 1 minuite

5 years later, someone chides me on how easy SkyShip is to google in 2010.

However, in 2005, there was close to nothing on a google search for that stuff.

So now you know.

It's really nice to see this actually find readers years later though. I am very happy that the SkyShip subject got some exposure finally. lol.

It's awesome because that SkyShip is a real flying saucer shaped aircraft.

And if 99% of the world saw one fly over their house, they would immediately assume it was a UFO-flying saucer. And half of them would probably call it alien right off the bat. lol

I am just saying. This thing can totally give people the wrong impression, if you know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

I don't see any reason to believe it has holes in it. The black "port holes" could be decals, or it could have material deeper inside that closes up to give the illusion of a hole.

I see a very good reason to assume they may in fact be holes.

Check the highest resolution photo and blow it up.

Look at the holes around it, they are metallic and reflect light.

The light reflecting on many of the holes, shows that it goes inwards. Please look closely. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by ararisq

I don't see any reason to believe it has holes in it. The black "port holes" could be decals, or it could have material deeper inside that closes up to give the illusion of a hole.

I see a very good reason to assume they may in fact be holes.
Check the highest resolution photo and blow it up.
Look at the holes around it, they are metallic and reflect light.
The light reflecting on many of the holes, shows that it goes inwards. Please look closely. Thanks.

From the article Transport Giants it is clear that those are the exhaust ports for the engines. It is obvious. It is through those ports that the propulsive thrust is delivered. It also indicates that this craft would be highly maneuverable, although not particularly fast. The full size planned craft would cruise at about 90 mph using 40K horsepower provided by 8 Tyne engines (type unspecified).

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
link to the Russian Locomoskynar thingie
www.harvestdream.org.../archives/869-The-Locomoskayner-Airship.html

airships are making a comeback. the US military is getting into the act.

www.likecool.com...

the advantage of high-efficiency long-term flight makes them practical for certain uses, esp long-duration observation.
plus they're SO cool!!!
(got to ride in one once!)

edit on 4-3-2011 by works4dhs because: add line

edit on 4-3-2011 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is the 'Skyship'. It was designed by my uncles brother, a reknowned naval architect, John West.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SunSword

Exhaust ports, for a BATTERY POWERED aircraft?

I will be scanning a pic from a book published in 77 that's a different angle of the same airship in the same hangar

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
airships are making a comeback. the US military is getting into the act.
the advantage of high-efficiency long-term flight makes them practical for certain uses, esp long-duration observation.
plus they're SO cool!!!

Make them bigger and they can be used for heavy lifting

edit on 17-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Here is the Australian version Skylifter

The Skylifter is a helium balloon sky-crane capable of moving and placing equipment and prefab buildings in remote areas. Currently often the only way to get equipment into remote areas is by helicopter, and the largest ones are only capable of transporting 20 tons. The Skylifter promises a payload of a whopping 150 tons and a range of 1240 miles, meaning that not long from now we may have a less invasive way to place our prefab homes or to supply regions in need after disasters.

inhabitat.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by richierich931
Exhaust ports, for a BATTERY POWERED aircraft?

Doesn't matter if the are holes or not because this article say that the helium was in separate bags inside the craft

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I wasn't speculating on the purpose, I was questioning a different post.

I do wonder though... Perhaps a complicated air manifold directing air for navigation... In the front and out the back and sides

Where is the cockpit?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
One day we'll all have our own.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The International Encyclopedia of Aviation - 1977 (pg. 338)

With scarcely a hum, a 9m ( 30ft ) prototype of Britain's flying saucer hovers ahead in a giant aircraft hangar at Cardington. The battery-powered aircraft is about 2.5m ( 8ft ) in height, and helium, a non-inflammable gas sealed in plastic bags, gives the craft buoyancy. A full size version of the Skyship is planned to carry cargo and passengers.

Caption for above image

British nonrigids include... The 25m ( 82ft ) Skyships Ltd Skyship I, which was nearing it's first flight in late 1976, and the 50.29m (165 ft ) Aerospace Developments Type B, which was scheduled to fly in early1977.

What I find interesting is above they say it's a prototype of a flying saucer, not a dirigible.
I can't find much information on the Type B, a working prototype of double the size!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join