It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts in movies.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
there is a scene in joy ride where they are all hiding in the crops, and if you look closely, when they all look up at the headlights, there is an extra guy there looking up too, but when the camera goews back he is gone.
whats weird though is that he is wearing kind of the same hat as the little boy in 3 men and a baby.
explain that one.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I saw something that looked like a man's face in the movie Stuck Together. Its in the opening scene under the bed. Anyone know the scoop on this?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I heard that in Three Men and a Baby there was a life size poster of a movie and it actually a reflection off the window of this poster. This is like in the Wizard of Oz the munchkin who commit suicide. I had to watch that like 5 times to actually see it.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
when i watch the moment, i never feared, i know it's not real

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

the wizard of oz one is only in the old old version they've cut it out of newer versions

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Here is a still shot of the boy ghost. Unfortunately it doesn't
give you the previous shots of the window with the shadow
of a shot gun in it and it doesn't show that the scene was all
shot at once and didn't have any breaks in it.

This was just on some t.v. land myths and legends show. Ted Dansons character was in advertising and the ghost is actually a cardboard cut out of Ted in a tux and top hat. If you watch the scene closely the shotgun is still the same cut out. I was pretty upset to hear this was debunked!

Never heard of the one from oz! I guess I have some homework! Good thread!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
well the cut out was actually their when the scene started the sleeve of it was whatlooked like the gun becaus of the angle at which the camera was held.and it wasn't a ghost if you look closly at a different scene in the movie you can see a card board cut out of one of the actors wearing a hat and it was left in that spot were the boy was seen.also when you see the boy keep looking as they move away and you will see that it starts to look like the card board cut out in the other seen.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I noticed something in the exorcist movie a havn't read eeryones reply so a dont know if anyone has noticed and lookin through the internet there is nothing on it but just before the priest notices the vandalised statue if u pause it and look at the statue behind him you can notice somethingright next to his head as is its someone standing behind him. has anyone else noticed this?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by skychief

Maybe someone was looking for a good frame of Carmen Electra with a wet tshirt?
I'm not too sure about the demon though.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10adriano
I noticed something in the exorcist movie a havn't read eeryones reply so a dont know if anyone has noticed and lookin through the internet there is nothing on it but just before the priest notices the vandalised statue if u pause it and look at the statue behind him you can notice somethingright next to his head as is its someone standing behind him. has anyone else noticed this?

Is this in the original The Exorcist or The Excorcist III?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

its not in the old version either my cousin is going to collage to be a movie producer and his profesor had him look in to that myth for a grade duh

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Poltergeist: The movie was filmed on a lot in Hollywood and not a real neighborhood. Many of the corpses used in the film were indeed real corpses, however, nothing out of the ordinary happened. The two actresses from the film who died were Heather O'Rourke (who died after Poltergeist III of a rare heart disorder) and Dominique Dunn (killed by her boyfriend months after the film's release). However! Producers claim that when Dunn (the oldest daughter) is standing outside of the house screaming "What's happening!" the man standing behind her is an unrecognized extra who wasn't supposed to be there. No one remembers seeing him on set or during filming to be in the shot. Paranormal? Probably not. Freaky? Yes.

Three Men and Baby: Sorry folks, a good old fashioned case of Hollywood marketing. The "ghost" was first reported right before the sequel, Three Men and a Little Lady, was released. The story was that the directors were rewatching the film with the actors before filming and the "ghost" was noticed. In fact, the whole thing was a scheme to get a buzz going - it was hatched years before while filming the first film. Entertainment industry has been doing stuff like this for years. Ever heard the song "Disco Inferno?" Apparently there was a mass murder in the recording studio, that is why you hear a scream at one point - but not true at all. A classic case of "Buy the record and hear it!!!" - with Three Men it was "Rent the video and see it!" Obviously the ploy worked, because twenty years later, people still talk about a movie that should have been forgotten a long time ago and probably rose more cash for producers.

Scary Movie: Headlights reflecting off of the camera lens - called "lens flare" - happens all the time.

Wizard of Oz: I still don't get this one. Anyone who sees a hanging munchkin out of a bird is delusional.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
OK, this is a real ghost that everybody can see, clearly on tape. Before 617 Squadron attacked the Rhur dams the squadron mascot (a black Labrador dog) was run over and killed.

The movie was actually shot on the air base where the dog was buried (Scampton in Lincolnshire). He has been photographed many times with people since.

In the film Dambusters, in the final scene where Barnes Wallis and Guy Gibson are discussing the losses on the raid, a large black dog can be seen running to the trees behind Guy Gibson.

There were no black dogs on base that day, either belonging to personnel or bought on by the film crew for shots involving the Labrador. Where the dog came from and went to is unknown! This is real and is in every print of the film. Watch it, see it, you will not believe it. But is comes on, runs around and then, disappears!

Apparently when the scene was being shot nobody saw a dog!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Wow, flashback. 2005. Anyways, I always heard that with the three men and a baby scene, the mother saw her dead son outside of the high-rise window and demanded they remove it and/or sued or threatened to sue.

I heard that they redid the scene and placed the Ted Danson cutout in place of the "ghost." I have seen both versions, and the one with the "boy" is truly haunting.

With the wizard of oz hanging, I have seen this also. The one I saw was an ostrich or emu. I may have seen the "updated" version or not have seen the right scene, but what I saw was a large bird.

I am going to have to check the ghost dog out. Thank you for sharing that, and for the much needed bump to this thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Having just rewatched the Three Men and a Baby scene, I can agree that it is a little strange looking. Nothing in the window on the first pass, then this supposed cutout appears as they are walking away.

I would love to track down the original scenes to see if they did add this particular cutout in postprocessing after the ghost was revealed.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Ok because in the 80's I remember see a guy on a ladder up in the corner fixing a light that hung himself accidentally...it was in the scene of Dorthy going down the yellow brick road...but I remember them saying the public had never seen it...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Ok because in the 80's I remember see a guy on a ladder up in the corner fixing a light that hung himself accidentally...it was in the scene of Dorthy going down the yellow brick road...but I remember them saying the public had never seen it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join