It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts in movies.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the ghost of the directors daiughter who shot herself on the set of "3 men and a baby" apparantly she shot herself with what she thought was a fake gunand there an unexplained mist in "lool who's talking2" can anyone spread any light on these and have you seen any other one's

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I haven't heard the story of the director's daughter shooting herself. There's the famous scene where there is a young boy seen standing next to the window as the camera pans by though. I've seen it. It gives me the willies.

I have seen something in one movie that I have never seen discussed anywhere. There is a scene in Six Days Seven Nights after they crash and start walking inward on the island that has several consecutive frames of a very weird blobby mist that moves through the scene. It's really weird looking. Maybe you could check into that.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
considering that it is beside the sea, on a beach it can be some water spray but if there are any starnge patterns it has a great possiabilty of being a ghost. can't find any good sites on it.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
3 Men and a Baby has that boy materialize while the scene is
going on. If you watch the scene .. the people walk past the
window and it looks like a shadow of a gun in the window and
they keep acting. The scene happens UNBROKEN and UNCUT.
Then as they walk past the window again, the boy is there.
He really is. He had to materialize while they were in the
scene standing at the crib. The hollywood people claim that
one of the stage hands went onto the stage and propped up
a cardboard cut out that had fallen and that it was of Tom
Selleck or someone. But it definately doesn't look like him
and why on earth would a stage hand run onto the stage
WHILE the scene was being filmed? He wouldn't!!

Wizard of Oz - A person hung himself on the set and suppsedly
you can see the shadow of him hanging while Dorothy is walking
through some woodsy scene. I have looked for it and couldn't
see it.

LOTS of spooky things on Polterguiest. The Polterguiest movie
that had all the skulls ... they were real and the spirits of those
people acted up. There were problems getting it filmed and the
indian actor had to do a real life excorsism to calm the spirits.
Nothing shows up on film that I know of and even if it did -
you wouldn't know because so many special effects were going
on at the same time. The sets of all the Polterguiest movies
had major spook problems and two of the children died while
filming them (the two girls). The adult actors reported major
bad luck while filming.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Here is a still shot of the boy ghost. Unfortunately it doesn't
give you the previous shots of the window with the shadow
of a shot gun in it and it doesn't show that the scene was all
shot at once and didn't have any breaks in it.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

see it.

i saw a special and they spoke of that urban legend. they reshowed the clip over and over again and it was a peacock.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The "ghost" in 3 men and a baby is indeed a cardboard cut out of Ted Dansen and if the curtain were moved you could see a word box on the cut out that advertises the movie. Just something the director missed during filming and in the edit room. There are tons of movies where stuff is left in the set or things are said that don't add up to what the scene is doing.

For example, in Old School Will Farrell (when asked what he's doing tomorrow) replies that he has a nice Saturday planned, then goes on to talk about bed, bath, and beyond. The party he's at is taking place on a Thursday so he should be at work the next day because it would be friday. You can see smoke from John Carpenters cigarrette in the movie Halloween. You can see the boom mic drop down in shots in both Spiderman and the Rocky Horror Picture Show. These things happen all the time.

Link for the 3 men and a baby myth:
urbanlegendsonline.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
In the Movie "Scary Movie" (first one) the scene when the guy in the Black suit is trying to kill the girl, the girl gets all her clothes torn off and runs through the sprinklers and gets wet, then she starts to flag down a car, ou see what I believe is a demon and the car goes right through it.

Scary Movie

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985
In the Movie "Scary Movie" (first one) the scene when the guy in the Black suit is trying to kill the girl, the girl gets all her clothes torn off and runs through the sprinklers and gets wet, then she starts to flag down a car, ou see what I believe is a demon and the car goes right through it.

Scary Movie

Now why would anyone want to slow that scene down to view it frame by frame? Seriously, that is pretty strange as it would happen so fast why would the producers go through all the trouble of putting that in the film?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick_y_2
There are tons of movies where stuff is left in the set or things are said that don't add up to what the scene is doing.

There are at least 130 mistakes in The Wizard of Oz
www.moviemistakes.com...

I know about the 3 Men and A Baby being 'debunked' but honestly,
I don't buy the debunk. It doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
considering that it is beside the sea, on a beach it can be some water spray but if there are any starnge patterns it has a great possiabilty of being a ghost. can't find any good sites on it.

Yeah, I understand this is a possibility. And no problem if that's what it turned out to be. I've seen this movie exactly once, so I haven't studied it. What I'm telling you is that when I was watching the scene and this floats across it (over the actors' heads) I said to Springer - WTF was that? It was creepy. Worth looking into. The scene you need to watch for is one where they are either about to walk through or have just walked through a rock formation that makes an arch.

P.S. One thing I hadn't considered until reading the posts in this thread is that it could be some one's cigarette smoke! That would explain it maybe.

[edit on 6-11-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985

i've seen that movie loads of times and thats the first time i've seen that.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
i've seen that movie loads of times and thats the first time i've seen that.

Well i think they said that it goes so fast during the movie that it is impossible to see even if your looking for it unless you slow it down frame by frame..

But it definately doesn't look like him and why on earth would a stage hand run onto the stage WHILE the scene was being filmed? He wouldn't!!

Thats exactly what i was thinking! But perhaps they did it on purpose just like in those disney movies where they add in naughty stuff just for fun

Ox

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I hate to post in such an old thread.. And I also hate to burst everyones bubble and I apologise if this has been posted already.. But it's no ghost.. at all..

Earlier in the film there was a lifesize carboard stand up of Ted Danson in a tuxedo and top hat.. The "ghost" is this very life size stand up folded in half and placed in the window... Sorry everyone.. No ghost..

Source

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The set in the exorcist burned up mysteriously several times. How's that for interesting?

Ox

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thats what I heard.. There were also stories from the set that the film didnt develop.. or just came out black.. Pretty weird stuff?
I'd like to know of any other happenings or events where it's possible to see a ghost in a movie.. Apparently there is an outline in the original Matrix movie of a guy who supposedly hung himself in one of the rooms where a scene involving the character Cypher was filmed.. I am unable to substantiate this claim though

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
does anyone have any info on the so called "ghost" reflection in Susperia? At the begining when she gets into the cab when the lighting flashes inside the cab there os a reflection cleraly of a screamoing mans face on the bottom left of the screen. It isnt something that kind of looks like a face, it is, plain as day. I know Dario Argento was an awesome director and I wouldnt have put it past him to do something like that, at the same time the angle of the reflection is bizare and it doesnt move or anything and there where not special fx in 77 to do something like that. Just a curiosity. Oh and this 3 Men and a Baby thing is totaly wack and is infact a prop (my dad was a PA on the film) and the stupid Wizard if Oz thing is a bird. While it is fun to wonder and suspect that it wouldve been more, there are films infact where very bizare things occured during filming and post pro. (i.e. Poltregiest, The Shinning, Exorsist, ect.) If anyone has any info on the susperia thing let me know. Also, check into the "ghost" reflection in the funeral scene in Godfather, right when Abe Begotta leans over to talk to Al Pacino there is another, clear as day, face reflection on the screen, right in the middle.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

see it.

Yea I heard this, hired the orriginal movie, and its true, you can see a dwarf in the distnance hang himself, its around the forest scene... It appears legit to me.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
go look for it on you tube and you'll find it. As for other movies... I have heard quite alot about the movie "Amityville Horror". Apparently, while that movie ran, there were times when sound booths would catch terrifying voices talking behind the actors. They redid these scenes, obviously, but got the same thing again! I dunno if this is something worth discussing or not. I do know that in The Ring, there is a scene where you can see a ghost in the background. Go check that out on google, because I really can't understand it at all. It could be anything or anybody, and considering it's a horror movie, it could just be good ol' Samara popping in to make sure everyone is STILL scared #less. But still. Thought it might be brought up for discussion.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
There is suppose ghost all the time on the set of the ghost whisperer.They even went as far catching these on film and photograph.Im trying to find pictures but having no luck.

Real Ghost Haunted 'Ghost Whisperer' Set

Jennifer Love HewittJennifer Love Hewitt and the crew of her spooky TV drama Ghost Whisperer got the chills during a recent late-night shoot when a real specter showed up on the set. The actress, who plays an antiques dealer that helps troubled spirits cross over, was filming a tense scene earlier this week, when crew members noticed movement in the shadows behind her.

Love Hewitt and her pals crowded around the monitor to watch the scene played back and were shocked to see what looked like a real spirit turning behind her on the monitor screen. The actress was so shocked by what she saw she insisted the unedited footage be kept so she could show family, friends and TV hosts.

She appeared on comedienne Ellen DeGeneres' show Friday and showed the eerie footage. She said, "This just showed up on the footage and the editor, like, came up with chills on his arms and he was like, `I need somebody else to tell me that they're seeing this also.' Seconds before that on the footage of the dailies, it's not there and it's not there afterwards. It was just there for that fleeting moment.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by alienstar]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join