It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Jihad display pics of torned Quran by Israelis.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

JERUSALEM - The militant Islamic Jihad on Wednesday presented pictures of torn copies of the Islamic holy book, the Quran, claimed they were taken inside an Israeli prison and said soldiers were responsible for the desecration. Israel denied the charge and said the pictures were a fabrication.

The Islamic Jihad transmitted the pictures by e-mail to a reporter in the West Bank. They show two Qurans with torn pages. The militants said prisoners took the pictures with cellular telephones sent them electronically to militant leaders.

The militants said Wednesday that soldiers desecrated six or seven Qurans as they searched Palestinian prisoners' cells at the Megiddo jail in northern Israel early Tuesday. The prisoners were outside the cells at the time but could see what was going on, the Islamic Jihad militants said.

The charges closely followed a report in Newsweek — later retracted — that American soldiers flushed a Quran down the toilet at the Guantanamo Bay prison in Cuba. The report set off deadly riots in the Muslim world.

The Pentagon later issued a report of its own in which the military acknowledged five instances of mistreatment of the Quran at Guantanamo Bay.

it looks like they are trying to time it with the American abuses with the Koran at Gitmo and the Islamic group is hoping to bring this information to bring anger so they can get recruits after failing to destroy Israel tsk tsk. looks like recruiting just went down for them.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I honestly think that they're little torn Quran trick proves nothing at all...

Look... I mean it took me less than a minute to make this... now I can just say I rushed into the pentagon, and stole this above top secret document then ripped it up...

What stops an Islamic Jihad operative from picking up a quran, ripping it, and taking pictures to say... "Oh those israeli dogs are oppressing us! Come on world community... show sympathy for us poor islamic jihad freedom fighters. Come on muslim community! Be mad, and riot!"

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Sounds really fishy to me too.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was these very same jihadists who tore up the Quran themselves for propaganda purposes.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
That theory is the obvious one, and a knee-jerk analysis, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. We've seen the reaction that devout Muslims show to any desecration of the Quran, even if it's learned of by hearsay. Now, to the kind of fundamentalist Muslim that is extreme enough in his religious views to seek Jihad against the "Western infidels", tearing up the Quran would be the ultimate desecration. He'd probably sooner cut off his own head with a blunt knife.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Now, to the kind of fundamentalist Muslim that is extreme enough in his religious views to seek Jihad against the "Western infidels", tearing up the Quran would be the ultimate desecration.

It's these same extremist muslims that are:

1)Killing other muslims
2)Using Islamic holy sites/shrines as weapons storages / hideouts. (which in my eyes is an even bigger desecration than tearing a holy book.)

These guys are willing to abuse, and desecrate their own temples... something that holds much more monetary value, as well as spiritual value (in my eyes) than a book of paper... and you think they wouldn't stop at tearing one?

The theory I hold makes total sense. They'd defile their own holy books without a second thought, if it could help further their cause...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The Islamic Jihad transmitted the pictures by e-mail to a reporter in the West Bank. They show two Qurans with torn pages. The militants said prisoners took the pictures with cellular telephones sent them electronically to militant leaders.

The prisoners have picture phones? Uh-huh.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
lol, I didn't even realize that! Great find...

Terrorist Prisoner: Can you hear me now? Good.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by microcosm

It's these same extremist muslims that are:

1)Killing other muslims
2)Using Islamic holy sites/shrines as weapons storages / hideouts. (which in my eyes is an even bigger desecration than tearing a holy book.)

1) In their holy war even some Muslims can be considered infidels depending on what their actions are, just like some Christians can still be sinners. If a devout Muslim (SO devout he is willing to have himself killed in order to further his cause) were to kill some other Muslims (who he saw as being conspirators with the infidels, i.e. security forces) he wouldn't see anything wrong for it because a) they are cooperating with the infidels and b) if they were innocent Allah will sort them out.

2) Using their mosques as a place of refuge is like American soldiers taking refuge in a church, they don't see anything wrong with it because it is God's house where they are taking refuge to keep them safe. If staying in the mosque will keep them safe to go out and fight the infidels another day, then I imagine they are willing to make the exception since they are doing it for (what they think) God's will is. Using a church as a weapons store isn't a desecration either, because they see weapons as the tools God has blessed them with to fight the holy war so...

I really don't think many of them would be willing to This doesn't mean that they WOULDN'T but I think a majority of Muslims would feel worse about tearing their own holy book than a majority of Christians would feel about tearing their own bible. Its a cultural thing, not that Christians don't hold the bible in high regard, but we just aren't taught as much reverence and respect for it as they are taught to have for the Koran.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
the majority of Muslims would feel worse about tearing their own holy book because the majority of muslims aren't extremist, they're pretty decent people.

I'll just say this though... I put nothing past an extremist (of any race, religion, or creed) if tearing a koran is something they have to do, to fulfill their agenda, then they'd do it in a heart beat.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Yeah, I think the "prisoners with cellular phones" bit can pretty much point to this one being bogus, and an attempt to include the Israelis in this whole Quran desecration fiasco. Also looking at the picture, it could have been taken anywhere; there's no background. But I still doubt (but not ruling out completely) that any Muslims would tear the Quran themselves, so it may be that the book in the picture was somehow inadvertently damaged and they decided to take advantage of it by attempting a frame-up.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
When the Quran is invole evey Muslim will raise

top topics

join