It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Muslims desecrate American flag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
A group of American Muslims produced a video that shows its members on a New York City street corner declaring Islam's dominance over America as they tread on a U.S. flag and then rip it apart.

In the video, released by the New York-based Islamic Thinkers Society, one of the Muslims is shown placing a sign on the flag that says, "Oh Muslims! Do you know your enemy? Isn't it obvious
I really have nothing against Muslims, but why desecrate the US flag were they live. If they feel so threatened in America. Why not go back to their countries of origin and stop trying to incite violence against non-Muslims. It’s starting to make me sick to see some one complain about their holy book being mishandled and then they go and do the same to our flag. if any one that was not a Muslim would burn a flag from their country of origin they would be up in arms. Have your demonstrations it just shows what its like to live in a free society. There are Muslims that actually like America and non-Muslims. And they are not afraid to stand up and say it. Burning or destroying the US flag is not helping your cause. It just shows your pettiness.
www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
These Muslims may have been born in the US. So sending them back to their own country doesn't come into it. So maybe they are in their own country.
That still doesn't give them the right to burn the US flag though. This shows how they have the freedom of speech which is denied to them in their own country of origin.

I have to be honest about this one. Burning a flag of any nation is absolute pointless. Most people don't really care . After all, its just a flag.
Making stand points like this, to me, shows how ridiculous they are. Having said that, its better to burn a flag than behead someone to prove a point.

Let them get on with it. Its will solve nothing. If they don't like the way they are treated in the US, then, as you say, let them go back to the country they are campaigning for. I would doubt very much that they would be willing to go back.

In the mean time, sit back and don't take it personally.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Since when is the american flag a sacred object ?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti

He never said it was.
He was just pointing out the "tit for tat" retaliation.
IE ,making a point about how people shout and scream about one thing, then do exactly the same.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Moretti, to americans the US flag is sacred. Blood and sweat have been shed for it, it symbolizes our struggle for freedom, and our victory in obtaining that freedom, countless years are on that flag, countless lives,countless hardships, and countless triumphs. Do you realise for an american flag to touch the ground it must be nburned in an honor ceremony?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Desecrate Holy Qu'Ran? YES.

Burn American Flag? NO.

Hmmmmm....

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Moretti, Do you realise for an american flag to touch the ground it must be nburned in an honor ceremony?

I never knew that one. Thanks for educating me

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
My error, desecration is the correct term for a flag.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Burn the flag!
What a waste of time,
why not just flush it down the toilet, afterall it worked well at Guantanamo, oh, don't forget to deny it afterwards.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Burn the flag!
What a waste of time,
why not just flush it down the toilet, afterall it worked well at Guantanamo, oh, don't forget to deny it afterwards.

AHHhh....I always forget to mention the "denying part"!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
no one condones flushing the koran. just as no one condones burning an american flag.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

makes me feel good inside

www.esquilax.com...

[edit on 9-6-2005 by arnold_vosloo]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
arnold_vosloo, so it's bad whenever the US desecrates the Koran....is that right? But it's ok for U.S. Muslims to desecrate the American flag? Please answer and explain if you don't mind...thanks.

Personnaly I Don't prefer the desecration either, but Im not gonna get all mad if someone does it.....they are both material items and Im a believer of freedom of speech.....let them burn the flag, let them piss on the Koran...if it makes them good and warm inside...who cares.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There's a hell of a difference between a piece of cloth made in china and a holy book whether that book is the koran, the bible or whatever holy book.

If you're are asking me why is is ok to burn the flag but not the book you should also be asking the fundamentalist christians on this site why is is ok to desecrate the koran but it not ok to let an american flag even touch the ground.

Me myself I will continue to support the burning of the US flag, the constitution, Union Jack, Israeli flag or whatever for as long as you sheep continue to blindly follow and believe the lies spewed out by the Bush/blair rogue regimes.

I think I might go and and buy some US flag toilet paper now

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
There's a hell of a difference between a piece of cloth made in
china and a holy book ...

No there isn't. There are two things that can be said here -

The 'holy books' are just books ... paper made where ever.
The flag is just cloth made where ever.

OR

The holy books represent certain things that are holy to the
person and have a high historical significance representing
people who have died for that belief. SAME WITH THE FLAG.

Either both are okay to do with as you please .. or both need
to be handled with care and respect. It's one or the other.
The two can't be seperated by saying the Quran is a higher
symbol than the flag. Either both are 'just materials' or both
represent honorable ideas and beliefs that have been paid
for in blood.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I personally abhor both. (Burning of flag/mishandling Koran, or any other holy book.) It's disrespectful and a cheap shot. However, in the USA, it is not illegal to burn it (covered by the 1st Ammendment to the Constitution.) Those who cannot abide that should get involved in the political process and work to change that law.

Is it going to hurt me or make me mad 'cos some group of disgruntled people are behaving like monkeys with my flag? No. I just consider the source. In light of what's been going on today, with percieved unjust treatment of detainees overseas, one can hardly blame folks for lashing out. Absent violence, it is their attempt to get our attention.

Judging from certain reactions, I'd say it works. This behavior is hardly new, though.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Ok burn a US flag... that's all too common. If you don't like this country, THEN MOVE! Go live in some other third world country where you'll be opressed!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Many Chistians get mad when people burn Bibles, but they think it's
ok to flush the Koran and Muslims get pissed when people desecrate the Koran...but accept the desecration of the Chrisitan bible and burning of the
American Flagm, which is considered sacred to many people.

I agree with FlyersFan, it's either all or none in this case.
How can people be so hypacritical to accept one and not the other?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti

Since when is a Koran a sacred object? I predict Koran sales to skyrocket. I am looking for one now, so I can protest against protesting Muslims.

Who gets arrested 1st, the flag burners or the koran burners?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I agree both instances are despicable, and extreme forms of disrespect to those who hold either holy.

Although, one should hardly hold the American flag to be a holy object that is to be worshipped. If you are a Christian, that is called a false idol, pledging your allegience to a symbol of a power which you consider to be holy is called idolatry. Not to mention that disregarding and prohibiting the practice of one's relgion is against the law, and burning an American flag is protected by law.

Either way, Muslims should know that burning the flag is nowhere near as bad to Americans as desecrating the Koran is to them, so if it is retaliation, its a pretty sad and worthless form.

edit- forgot a closing italics tag, messed up the format of rest of the post.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by CaptainJailew]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join