It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blog shutdown?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Whenever I try to read anyone's blog, my comp freezes up, then an error report pops-up. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm praying that it isn't just me.

Dot.

p.s. please give it a try and let me know.....

[edit on 8-6-2005 by dotgov101]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
Whenever I try to read anyone's blog, my comp freezes up, then an error report pops-up. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm praying that it isn't just me.

Dot.

p.s. please give it a try and let me know.....

I don't have this problem Dot. Not sure about others but I can read just find. Is it a particular blog? Maybe they are remote linking to something that is causing the problem (like an mp3 file or something).

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I just clicked on yours. Waited ten seconds, saw your blog on the screen, then I lose connection.

I'm hoping I'm not hacked. I watch the blue bar on IE and it never completes. I can see your blog, but it doesn't load completely. Neither does infinite's...neither does mine.

Dot.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by dotgov101]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Have you tried it on anything other than IE -- I had to switch because IE kept acting up on me -- now I have much less problems. Just a thought.
I am sooo not a computer person

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have the same problem in Mozilla, also.

Do you think I've been hacked? Have you tried waiting for the blog to completely load? I'm getting disconnect after disconnect, then freeze-up, error report. . .

Only in the blog section, tho. Nowhere else on the site, and nowhere else on the net.

Dot.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well all I can tell you is that mine does not even show up in the list of blogs, I just wrote in mine the other day and it did not show up, it never has from day one, the only way I can get to it is from the url in an email where I was told I had a blog. I have completely given up on mine.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Megan:

I had no problem pulling up your blog, (great design, btw) and I use IE for my browser as well. Hope you don't have a virus

Just a suggustion but try doing a clear cache on your memory. Sometimes that will help.

Seeker

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
in IE it takes forever to load for me -- in Netscape it loads pretty quickly -- don't know if that helps at all --

I ususally don't read the blogs so I had to look to see how to do it at all
So I am probably no help at all since I don't know if it works differently normally or not.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Do you have _javascript enabled?
In Firefox: tools>options>web features>enable _javascript

Run a full spyware scan and virus scan.

Have you installed any new software lately? If so, try uninstalling and if that doesn't work use System Restore to roll your computer back to a date before you installed. Start>Help and Support>"Undo changes with System Restore"

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thank You.

Ran a disk cleanup, used Windows Washer, and am now Norton-ing. I hope I don't have to go into the binary time machine, but it looks like I may have to.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Maybe someone's got a bug up their colon about my viewing people's blogs.

Dot.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
They're all working good for me!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
For the members with memory disorders I think a refresher or a single page of tutorial content on "how to create your ATS blog" and "how to update your ATS blog" and "how to comment on fellow ATS members' blogs" would be valuable. It needs to be updated when procedures or locations are altered.

Deja vu does not always come accompanied with know-how and content transfer from the brain's sensory register to long term memory.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
For the members with memory disorders I think a refresher or a single page of tutorial content on "how to create your ATS blog" and "how to update your ATS blog" and "how to comment on fellow ATS members' blogs" would be valuable. It needs to be updated when procedures or locations are altered.

Deja vu does not always come accompanied with know-how and content transfer from the brain's sensory register to long term memory.

Though I have a memory disorder, I have devised a system using "FAVORITES-LINKS-LOGIN" on how to update my blog, and I am well-aware on how to respond to others. The system is very user-friendly.

Yes, occasionally I read Zed's tutorial, and I always, always need to go to Webmonkey, but this is not user-error. I have been computer savvy ever since I had an IBM PS-1 at my fingertips, and my long-term memory does not ail me as much as my short-term.

Forgive me on my jilted knowledge of humor..but is this a humorous post or a sarcastic one?

Dot.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Neither. It's a suggestion that may already be managed somewhere in the recesses of ATS bloggery.

It's from my own experience of occasionally visiting a few ATS blogs that I have read over time, and not remembering how to log in and make comments or update my own blog.

Therefore I don't make comments or blog entries, and I don't recall where to find the information to help.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
My apologies, Masked.

It's easy. Just comment, then the login screen will come up, login with your info, then backspace backspace, and your comment will still be there, waiting for you. hit SUBMIT.

I'm sorry. I'm oh-too-used to being made fun of for my memory.

Dottie dash dot.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
I'm sorry. I'm oh-too-used to being made fun of for my memory.

Yeah, me too.

And...wait, what were we talking about?

Where am I, and who are you people??!

top topics

join