It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld Defends Guantanamo.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
According to the Islamic faith they aren't supposed to
be killing fellow Muslims. They aren't supposed to be
killing muslim children and civilians. But they are.
So while I understand you pointing out the Islamic
thought process ... it is a non-issue. The terrorists
themselves continue to break Islamic law over and
over again. For them to be upset about naked pictures
because it may break Islamic law .. well... considering
how often THEY break it and in what SCALE they break
it ... they have no case.
[edit on 6/8/2005 by FlyersFan]

Just so you know I was referring to the scandal at Abu Ghraib, were the people imprisoned may have just been members of the Iraqi army who surrendered peacefully, not the "terrorists" who you are talking about.

So what Islamic laws are they breaking so that they deserve to be treated inhumanely?

Additionally, even if they themselves had broken Islamic law, and didn't care that they were being forced to get naked and wrestle, the majority of law abiding Muslims would still see that as psychological torture. Torture is torture, I guess to you though it is subjective based upon the quality of the person we do it to?

Perhaps torture should be called tickling if we do it to really bad people...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Quantanamo is of reducing value

1. Anything they haven't learnt after 3 years is unlikely to be disclosed now.

2. Any info they do get will be 3 years old and therefore virtually useless.

Donny saying there's no plans for closure obviously mean there are

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
Quantanamo is of reducing value

1. Anything they haven't learnt after 3 years is unlikely to be disclosed now.

2. Any info they do get will be 3 years old and therefore virtually useless.

Donny saying there's no plans for closure obviously mean there are

Damn good point in my opinion.

The whole detainee situation has always reminded me of the spanish inquisition in certain aspects. More specifically the way the inquisitors refused to tell the accused what he was accused of, who accused him or what evidence they had of his guilt. They just expected them to confess which can be difficult if you dont know what your being accused of. Well at least we're not treating them as bad as the inquisitionas as if thats something to be proud of. Its sad how low we've fallen.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
You people comparing GITMO and XRAY to Nazi concentration camps are the
most ignorant people i have ever seen, you probably get your facts of these events from 3rd grade history books.

Comparing GITMO/XRAY to Nazi Concentraion camps is not only ignorant, but an insult to all the men women and children who died, and even those who survived in the real Concentraion camps.

WARNING (Possible) GRAPHIC IMAGES CLICK AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION

Nazi Concentration Camps
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
Image 6
Image 7
Image 8
Image 9
Image 11
Image 12
Image 13
Image 14

END WARNING

When that sht happens then start *****ing about how they are like nazi camps until keep your mouths shut.

The people in GITMO/XRAY are Given plenty of food, water, Excersize, Clean cloths, There little quran, just to name a few things, they are treated better, then some of the people in our own prisons...

The guards at these places are watched like hawks at gitmo if they get a complaint from a prisoner, they are taken off duty ffs, and investigated... You wont see that in any middle eastern prison..

You people are always complaing about america this america that, how we need improvements, well how about you stop crying about how our enemy is treated and start doing things on the homefront trying to get things that actualy effect us changed.

You people dont seem to care much if at all about the things that go on in American prisons, but god forbid an american soldier hold the quran the wrong way in GITMO, that would be bad, because muslims require special treatment and americans do not.

You people scream Innocent people are in GITMO!
well innocent people are in american prisons to, where are you for them?

I cant figure out why you people care so much about these pos's

These people dont care about you, they dont care rather you are Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Conservative or anything in between, they dont care rather you defend them or hate them, They dont care if you were one of the morons who went to iraq before the war as a human sheild, if they get the chance they will kill you with no prejudice, radical islam didnt attack the Pentagon, and the WTC on 9/11 They attacked America, you me all of us,
They didnt have a large list of names of people they wanted to kill, they had one name

America

Some will argue, Iraq had no ties with al-Qaeda, well you may be right but look at it this way

We wouldnt be in that region now if they didnt come to our doorstep and provoke a fight,

Had they not pulled there sht, bush woulda had one hell of a time trying to convince us to strike iraq.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by C0le]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Cole,

I live in Europe and during WW2 my Grandfather and my Grandmother fought with the Partisans Resistance. In the end my Grandfather got shot in the back by our own Slovene Traitors, who were collaborating with Z'Germans. Lots of my friends had Grandparents in all sorts of Concentration camps, that were scattered all over Eeastern Europe. There were really NO BIG Concentration Camps on GERMAN soil, but in the States around them, like Poland. So please speare me your History Lessons, for I have seen much worse pictures then the ones you posted.

Why are there no Camps like Gizmo on USA Soil?

Why are all these Camps on Cuba, in Iraq or in Afganistan?

Doesnt that sound alike Nazi Concentration Camps?

I am not saying that they are the SAME (Thank GOD!), but the process and the intent is very much similar to the Concentration camps during WW2.

FACTS are that people are tortured, abused, their children abused, molested and in the end possibly killed in Gizmo's around the World.

Havent you seen the photos from Abu Gharib? Dont those pictures Sicken you as much as do the pictures from WW2 sicken you?

I am sorry, but its the other side of a same coin.

You are just trying to make things a little better, by saying - HEY we are not the Nazi's, but we are one step away.

I wonder why they ever wrote the Geneva Convention, probably because they didnt want to see any of the Holocaust happen again.

Again, I am not saying that its a Systematic Elimination of the Muslim population, but its getting TOO Damn Close.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

FACTS are that people are tortured, abused, their children abused, molested and in the end possibly killed in Gizmo's around the World.

Wrong! no one is being killed or 'molested' at gitmo. in fact al qaeda membvers are instructed to "rub themselves" against femal guards etc. so if you have proof any different please present it otherwise quit the propaganda.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Wrong! no one is being killed or 'molested' at gitmo. in fact al qaeda membvers are instructed to "rub themselves" against femal guards etc. so if you have proof any different please present it otherwise quit the propaganda.

Well you can still hold your head in the Sand and keep denying.

People ARE molested and tortured and possibly even Killed in the process of "Information Extraction".

I understand that its hard fro your, as an American to accept such hard facts. But the truth hurts and sooner or later it will hurt Whole lot more.

By all means - keep defending your current goverment in their plan to rule the World by all means neccessery.

I wont.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join