It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Lied About Kerry's Intelligence

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Newly released information shows that despite Democrats' repeated claims of Kerry's superior intelligence, Kerry scored worse than Bush at Yale:

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- Sen. John F. Kerry's grade average at Yale University was virtually identical to President Bush's record there, despite repeated portrayals of Kerry as the more intellectual candidate during the 2004 presidential campaign.

Kerry had a cumulative average of 76 and got four Ds his freshman year -- in geology, two history courses and political science, The Boston Globe reported Tuesday.

His grades improved with time, and he averaged an 81 his senior year and earned an 89 -- his highest grade -- in political science as a senior.

"I always told my dad that D stood for distinction," Kerry said in a written response to reporters' questions. He said he has previously acknowledged focusing more on learning to fly than studying.
In 1999, The New Yorker magazine published a transcript showing Bush had a cumulative grade average of 77 his first three years at Yale, and a similar average under a non-numerical rating system his senior year.

CNN

Why did Democrats lie and say Bush was stupid and Kerry was smart? How did Kerry almost get away with pulling the wool over the American people's eyes?

Was witholding this information a primary reason Kerry didn't do full disclosure during the 2004 election cycle?

[edit on 6/7/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think maybe because Kerry is/was articulate.

Bush does tend to come across as being a bit stupid because of his lack of english speaking skills.

We all know however that being unable to speak good english does not make you less intelligent than someone who is very articulate.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You would still expect someone to speak good English so that they can communicate effectively. And as a president, communicating effectively is especially important.

By the way, why does this thread say "Democrats lied"? All of a sudden every democrat in America is guilty of lying for Kerry? Not one of these democrats that knew the truth had decided to tell anyone about it?

Why don't you put the credit where credit is due and say Kerry lied for not releasing his records?

Kerry, a Democrat, previously declined to release the transcript, which was included in his Navy records. He gave the Navy permission to release the documents last month, the Globe reported.

This is just another crap thread that belongs in PTS and serves as nothing more than a diversionary tactic over literally nothing.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Why did Democrats lie and say Bush was stupid and Kerry was smart? How did Kerry almost get away with pulling the wool over the American people's eyes?

Probably because during the debates, Kerry was articulate, and argued intelligently, while Bush came off like a drunken redneck...(and I say that as a Florida cracker myself)

That could have SOMETHING to do with it....

We all know however that being unable to speak good english does not make you less intelligent than someone who is very articulate.

Very true, but when your primary JOB is to be the representative of the nation to the world, good articulation is pretty much a PRIME REQUISITE of the job folks...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well every Democrat I know kept telling me "how can you vote for Bush, he's so stupid!!!" I think it implicates everyone, although it's true it was Kerry himself that allowed it to propagate. Note that the description of this forum includes cover-ups and deceptions.

As far as the relative articulateness, this excellent post may shed light on it:

Jemison's Post

Edit:

I should add that it's silly to say that Kerry was the better communicator. Polls show that, while he may have used more flowery language, voters never really understood what Kerry stood for while everyone knew what Bush did.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just bc he's from Texas doesn't make him a redneck. I'm from Oklahoma, people automatically assume I'm a redneck hick. When I was in d.c. paging. People would ask me if we still go around with a horse and buggy.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Traitor,Coward,collaborator and now i guess we can add moron to that list!
Still though, he is still smart enough to be a mass. senator

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I really appreciate your posting this, but I think that you got
it a bit topsy turvy. Democrats didn't lie about Kerry's Intelligence
(most didn't anyways). KERRY lied about his intelligence (and
everything else). Most Dems BELIEVED the lies. That makes them
either really nice people who were gullible, very stupid, or that
they knew Kerry was telling lie after lie and they didn't care
because they thought he was still better than Bush.
(which I can empathize with because even though I dislike
some of G.W.'s stands on things ... I feel he isn't even close
to being as bad as Kerry is.)

STILL WAITING for full disclosure from Kerry on his Military Records.
He still hasn't signed the paperwork. He said he was going to a
few weeks ago ... after his people took a look to see what was
inside first. Now .. if you haven't done anything wrong and you
haven't LIED to America about something, why would you need
to have your lawyers check the records?

SIGN the form Kerry!! So we can all see that you were
discharged LESS THAN HONORABLE.

That was Kerry's biggest lie ... that he was a war hero and that
the Republicans were making the Vietnam war THE issue. Kerry
walked up to the podium at the DNC and saluted saying he was
reporting for duty. HE made it the issue. HE did it.

Sign the form Kerry! Sign it! Triple-dog-dare ya!!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The explanation here is a simple one,

John Kerry actually attended class to achieve his average, Bush simply accepted his from above.
Another explanation could be the damaging permanent effects caused by alcoholism on the brain over one's lifetime.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Syntaxer, any proof that Kerry attended classes while Bush did not? Or is this just your opinion?

Also, do you have any proof that Bush suffers from some sort of alcoholic dementia or wet brain? If indded he is an alcoholic

And, I don't see as that would have much to do with his college work as I believe the brain deteriorates from alcohol after a very long period of drinking. Not likely in your 20s?

[edit on 7-6-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Was witholding this information a primary reason Kerry didn't do full disclosure during the 2004 election cycle?

Well, instead of focusing on the old "he said, she said" routine, which never gets anywhere, why don't we focus on the old saying.....

Stupid is as stupid does.

So, using this as a yardstick, who is stupid, and who is smart?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Syntaxer, any proof that Kerry attended classes while Bush did not? Or is this just your opinion?

Also, do you have any proof that Bush suffers from some sort of alcoholic dementia or wet brain? If indded he is an alcoholic

And, I don't see as that would have much to do with his college work as I believe the brain deteriorates from alcohol after a very long period of drinking. Not likely in your 20s?

[edit on 7-6-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

I have no proof at all, my opinion was concieved from Dubya's DUI during the 70's. Bush is on record fueling his own overly rumored flamboyant Frat days, so I'm simply continuing on that notion.

Didn't Dubya admit he gave up the sauce bottle during his mid-30's? After his 15 or so years clinging to the bottle, I'm sure his brain would have significant deteriated explaining his current IQ level.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
I have no proof at all, my opinion was concieved from Dubya's DUI during the 70's. Bush is on record fueling his own overly rumored flamboyant Frat days, so I'm simply continuing on that notion.

Didn't Dubya admit he gave up the sauce bottle during his mid-30's? After his 15 or so years clinging to the bottle, I'm sure his brain would have significant deteriated explaining his current IQ level.

That would explain the last 30 years of Ted Kennedy's incoherence on the Senate floor. He's been "clinging" to the bottle as long as George W. been alive. Now give me a short Chivas before I drive the all Supreme Court nominees off a bridge.

Chappaquiddick Monkeys, not just for silencing the truth anymore...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
sorry...this isn't a conspiracy...
it is just standard procedure... and why would we care... is he running for president or something?

Old news... and interesting that it would be bandied about, during the release of the DOWNING STREET MEMO scandal that will probably rock the leadership of both the US and Britain...

and shouldn't this be on PTS anyway?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
it is just standard procedure...

Old news...

and shouldn't this be on PTS anyway?

Yeah this is really old news, since the document was released TODAY for the first time.

And yes, all conspiracies involving Democrats should be politely swept under the rug where no one will see them, while standard operating procedure of the U.S. government needs to be displayed prominently as a Political Conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Tell us how this is a political conspiracy. Is it a political conspiracy because we never knew Kerry's school records and were forced to speculate on it?

Show me when Kerry misled everyone about his school record.

I really want you to show why this belongs in Political Conspiracy when most crap like this, republican or democrat ends up in PTS.

The thread you linked to has a lot more importance than this Mud-Pit esque thread. The other thread involves taxpayer money being used for grandoise security. What does this thread show? What will it change?

It only reaffirms that this last election was between two walking jokes, neither the wiser, both crooked as hell.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The description of this forum is:

Discuss political conspiracies, cover-ups, and deceptions of political figures and parties.

Of course this topic discusses a cover-up and a deception of both a political figure and party.

DontTreadOnMe is a moderator of this forum and posted in this thread, if it was inappropriate wouldn't she have moved it rather than posting?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Your claims are overblown, why would the democrats purposely try to deceive the american people by saying Kerry was smarter, i think anyone would have come to the assumption by just watching the two of them. Your evidence to the contrary, is two cumalitive grades, for differing subjects where the diveregence is 1%, overwhelming. This thread is insignificant.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Of course this topic discusses a cover-up and a deception of both a political figure and party.

How did Kerry and his supporters deceive peoplea bout the nature of his college career?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Nice to see people can still beat dead horses ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join