It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My response from NORAD on UFOs!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This is an email response from NORAD I got today. Thought I'd share it with you. More BS and denial.

"Eric, I can't speak to most of what you're asking. We're simply in the
busines of air defense. We're trying hard enough to keep up with TFR
violations. Trust me when I tell you UFOs aren't of concern to us,
unless they're entering restricted airspace...which I doubt."

[edit on 8-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What did you expect to get as a reply?

You should have asked them who is real....

Sanata Claus or UFO's.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
What did you expect to get as a reply?

You should have asked them who is real....

Sanata Claus or UFO's.

My original email to them:

I've been interested in, and
> studied the UFO phenomena for many years. I have
> emailed NORAD several times but I've yet to ever
> receive a response so I would GREATLY appreciate a
> response from you even though I know the military
> doesn't like to talk about this subject for some
> reason. Please don't send me a Project Blue Book
> link, I'm far beyond that under funded cover up
> excuse
> for a project. Here are a few questions I have for
> you...
>
>
> 1) How often does NORAD track uncorrelated targets
> on
> radar?
>
> 2) Are these radar trackings of uncorrelated targets
> written into record? Do you take any action?
>
> 3) Why are UFOs a matter of national security, yet
> the
> government makes it seem like UFOs simply don't
> exist?
>
> 4) Do you believe (personal, non-government opinion)
> that 'some' UFOs are of Extraterrestrial origin?
> Some
> UFOs have been tracked on radar traveling a span of
> 20
> miles in 2-3 seconds. I doubt any air craft of ours
> can do that, even out of Area 51.
>
>
> I hope to hear from you!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
They didn't even answer my questions.

PS - Are you making fun of me? At least I try and ask the government/military questions. Being pro-active may not get us anywhere but it will get us a lot more than typing in some forum. Yah?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Meshuggah, you get my WATS vote for trying, I really appriciate your efforts on this subject, I also like to say you got my vote for council member for ATS-X

too bad they didn't anwer your questions.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Meshuggah, you get my WATS vote for trying, I really appriciate your efforts on this subject, I also like to say you got my vote for council member for ATS-X

too bad they didn't anwer your questions.

Why thanks! I try. I was the guy on Larry King Live who asked Bill Maher about UFOs and the government cover up, and I email as many people "in-the-know" as I possibly can. Being pro-active is good. Many thanks...

As far as NORAD, just another smoke screen response.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I may not agree with all arguments about the short answer. Still I acknowledge that the answer is pretty thin. But a big praise for you trying meshuggah1324 to get any answers at all. The Message you got through to Norad and the answers you got is an exploit IMHO.

I think like this when it comes to Norad and it´s short answer, I don´t know how many Internet Users there can be on the www. I don´t even know how many of them that are asking almost the same questions as the original author did here. But I can Imagine how many there are everyday.

Norads respons is effective in that way that they answers just as any other Airforce or Military authority in the world do. I am sure that they all use the same tactic when it comes to common people with a curiosity for UFOs to be honest. National security is something that must go before our curiosity I`m afraid.

Not everyone in this world want common people to have their own belief-system. Unfortunately an waste part of this world is still ruled by harsh literalism and if not under this threat, the hard literalism is growing in to the modern democratic society, the society is not ruled by it yet. But still other ways opens the gates towards even more literalism. I am glad as long as common people actually can get any respons at all from places as Norad, just my two cents.

Good Work

Most Sincerly:
Necros

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
At least you asked...

I applaud the effort you are making meshuggah1324.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
This is an email response from NORAD I got today. Thought I'd share it with you. More BS and denial.

"Eric, I can't speak to most of what you're asking. We're simply in the
busines of air defense. We're trying hard enough to keep up with TFR
violations. Trust me when I tell you UFOs aren't of concern to us,
unless they're entering restricted airspace...which I doubt."

He did not exacly say UFOs did not exist,

He stated hes not allowed to answer most of what you are asking,

However he does say the following (if you read between the lines) in my opinion

He just said UFO's DO NOT concern them, unless they ARE enterning restricted airspace, which he says he does not believe they are

[edit on 6-6-2005 by Crash]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
That wasn't a denial... in fact it was a verified confirmation

when he responded that "unless they enter restricted airspace, which he doubts" didn't say he doubted they existed... just that they would enter restricted airspace...

so furthermore... he confirmed that they know their boundaries.

I like the effort

better than sitting on our a$$es and waiting for the ships to land...

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I agree. Though Im not surprised in the least they dont give you a straight answer.

I still have my FOIA reply. You know, the one where they say, thank you for your inquiry, the air force no longer investigates UFOs, the Condon report says they dont exist, blah blah blah. In fact, You arent a real ufologist until you have collected a stack of government denials the size of War and Peace.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Can you post that FOIA reply?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

That wasn't a denial... in fact it was a verified confirmation

Don't get too excited.

Just a confirmation that UFOs (i.e. Unidentified Flying Objects, not necessarily alien ships) don't concern them, unless entering restricted areas.

A private plane that didn't file a flight plan (such as a drug runner, etc.) would also be a UFO by definition, so NORAD's stance would be that they aren't drug police, so unless the drug runner's plane went into say, Nellis AFB's airspace, they wouldn't be concerned with it.

I'm sure Skadi got the standard form reply, read that way too many times, hehe..but yeah, post it Skadi, if you like.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think if we all assume a couple of things specifically for this thread here like first Aliens exist and some are visiting here and second that they've made contact with at least our government by accident or on purpose and third are currently working with someone or people in our government or are at least in communication with them then it must be assumed that this would be need to know information, highest classification possible.

If that is the case then we must also assume that as few people as possible actually know "the truth" and one of those people wouldn't be the information officer at NORAD or even a radar operator. If a radar operator catches something anomolous on their screen they probably pass it on and never hear about it again, they can wonder but aren't "in the know".

The people on the front lines answering FOIA requests most assuredly don't know "the truth" because they don't have to and in fact it works better if they don't. Most people in the armed forces are very skeptical of this sort of things, believers in the armed forces are rare. So when Joe corporal or whoever gets a request for information, they just assume you're a crackpot because they think it's silly.

You don't staff one of the few people that knows the truth at a front line level, it's far easier to deal with the truly pesky investigator on a higher level than information officer.

Long rambling, caffeine induced rant short, the guy you contacted really doesn't believe in aliens and doesn't really care.

IMO of course and as always

But again, don't be discouraged, at least you gave it a shot.

Spiderj

[edit on 6/6/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
That's not the point. The point is that NORAD tracks uncorrelated targets
on radar on a regular basis and always has. That's what they didn't even mention. I could care less whether or not the guy believes in ETs.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Actually that is my point as well, to them unless it's a terrorist or something making an end run on a sensitive target they don't really care. A radar blip that appears and then dissapears is just that to them a blip, if the blip heads straight for Cheyenne mountain I think they'd be scrambling like crazy.

I highly doubt they investigate the uncorrelated stuff unless it seems like a threat, well at NORAD anyway.

Also you mention the word UFO in your query email and ask the person this:

> 3) Why are UFOs a matter of national security, yet
> the
> government makes it seem like UFOs simply don't
> exist?
>
> 4) Do you believe (personal, non-government opinion)
> that 'some' UFOs are of Extraterrestrial origin?
> Some
> UFOs have been tracked on radar traveling a span of
> 20
> miles in 2-3 seconds. I doubt any air craft of ours
> can do that, even out of Area 51.
>
> > I hope to hear from you!

It certainly sounds like your asking him about his belief and language like this in an email is going to color the recipients response and how he views the sender. For instance ending your email with an exclamation mark sends an emotional signal to the guy at NORAD letting him know your very excited about recieving this information. This coupled with you asking him if he believes and use of the word UFO tells him you're looking for aliens not just interested in their tracking procedures.

So it is the point because you are looking for proof of aliens and just about came out and asked him to either confirm or deny your belief. When in fact he most likely doesn't believe, doesn't care and has many more things to worry about.

If he sees a blip that travels a great distance and then is gone he chalks it up to something he can explain and moves on.

Hey, as I mentioned before you get points for trying, but you may want to change your approach at gathering information from the government.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Spider J has a point.

I heard a while back that NORAD does or did track UFOs, they were getting so damn many of them, that they put filters into their tracking systems to ignore anything too slow to be a meteor but too fast to be a missile, something like that.

I can guarantee you NORAD still tracks them, and probably more, but dont bet on them telling you anything.

Id happily post my denial letter, Gazrok, but I have no scanner, and I think someone already posted it.

I shall instead frame it on my wall next to my Diploma, Honorable Discharge Certificate: My first government denial!

top topics

join