It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Doomed !! ??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
First, welcome on ATS!

Now, about your post... Look at things from the other perspective... If, we, humans, had the ability to go to some other planet where we found some less evolved life (even intelligent and technologically developed, let's just say less evolved...), we would do exactly the same!

We already do that with animals here on earth: capture some, probe them, cut them into pieces and slices, monitor them, sometimes try to breed them artificially and even cross breed them, we also sometimes implant them with some monitoring device to follow their "natural" evolution afterwards, and so on...

So then, why shouldn't they just do it to us? And btw, does that mean that we're doomed? I don't think so.

[Edit]
Hey, give us time to answer!! There you go now...

[edit on 5-6-2005 by SpookyVince]

That a very arrogant statement.
You are stating that we humans have atleast or more morality and wisdom then advanced alien races???

With no arguments or proof to back it up, i dont take you seriously.

We are just smart animals who are screwing up the world in every sense of the word.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Callisto
The dominant species always dominates the lesser species.

If aliens much more advanced decide to launch a campaign for earth, whatever it may be, they will shepherd us like animals. its the way of the world.

They will replace our land, just like we humans replace lesser animals land.

But dont worry about aliens, we know absolutly nothing about aliens to say they exist, let alone that they are super advanced and they will come and blow up our world.

That is the way of animals, humans are just smart animals.
Aliens are miles more advanced in many aspects, technological,moral,spiritual.
Look what the human race is doing to ech other and the planet!!!??

Humans are so stupid its funny, what gives us the arrogance???

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think the more intelligent a race is the less likely they are to attack a civilisation they discover. It is this belief that leads me to think that if Alien life did reach us in some way or another they would work with us to gain knowledge rather than invade us by force.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I mentioned this in another thread, may as well mention it here too, according to a video documentary by david sereda, basically they have been watching us for thousands of years, and no idea if they are interacting with us or what. but they are out there right now, and publicly available nasa footage in the UV spectrum of light shows some very interesting things.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davood
I mentioned this in another thread, may as well mention it here too, according to a video documentary by david sereda, basically they have been watching us for thousands of years, and no idea if they are interacting with us or what. but they are out there right now, and publicly available nasa footage in the UV spectrum of light shows some very interesting things.

Watching us for 1000s of years and you arent sure if they are invading us? I dont think any armed force would prepare for battle of that period of time. Maybe they are waiting for us to become civilised enough to accept another planets race.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burn The Witch
If aliens have lots of technology such as ufos why do they give us the technology instead of just blowing up the entire world and keep it all to themselves.

If aliens keep abducting people under the permission of the government(and alot of us know *they* do), and don't laugh but shouldn't we fight back if they're gonna keep taking our friends and family just to shove some metal thingy in our...... head.

Without having read every response in this thread, I'd say that aliens giving us technology is relatively equal to us giving technology, say F-16's, to a country like Pakistan. While we're giving them advanced technology (as far as they're concerned), should push come to shove, we'd still have no problem wiping them completely out. Now assume that we were a million years more advanced than Pakistan and you'd have a similar scenario with aliens giving us some technology. It's like spitting in the ocean. It really doesn't matter much to them.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Humans are uniqualy adapted to the surface of Planet Earth. If the aliens were to settle Earth, they can (a) terraform it to fit themselves, (b) genetically engineer themselves, or (c) build underground bases insted of living on the surface. The preponderance of anecdotal evidence indicates that they are doing both (b) and (c).

It makes sense that they are not doing (a), because the native biology of the planet may have some unique value to them, and they probably couldn't terraform the planet to suit themselves without killing even more species than we do.

They can conquer us in many ways. They can breed us out, via genetic engineering. They can make us dependent on them. Or they can black-male the governments of the world. Violence probably just doesn't suit their interests, because they have thought things through.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I see it this way, if they can get here and watch us, i doubt they are colonizing our planet, i see it much akin to going out getting some animals, throwing them in a cage and watching them, when im done watching them each day, i go back home, i dont get in the cage and sleep there. If they have the ability to manipulate gravity and other stuff i doubt they need naturally formed planets.

Oh and as to the original topic. yes we are doomed, hahah, we have horrible track record with new technology, i forsee some nutjob making the ultimate plague with nanobots in 30 years

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Curse you Atomix! Listen, everyone, don't click on Atomix's signerature; unless you enjoy clicking. It will take a long time to exit the page that appears, and it won't anoy you, it will only raise your blood pressure.

Oh, and for the person who started this thread, the question "are we doomed?" CANNOT BE ANSWERED BY MORTAL BEINGS!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What link? *acts all innocent*

No it got removed by a mod. Although you should click on MickeyDee's signature!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I just think some of you people are too brainwashed by Hollywood. What makes you believe an alien race would have any interest to destroy human society? The only reason I can think of is the stupidity of humankind. If there are aliens who really hate dumbness, maybe they will do it. What else could be the reason? Ressources? Aren't there millions of planets out there to exploit them? You think they need some coal or oil or uranium especially from our planet to feed their crafts? Or are they going for the energy from our brainwaves? A vast and huge source of... just dumbness! I don't think they really need it.

If there is an intelligence out there, especially one able to travel distances beyond our imagination, their reason to come here wouldn't be to destroy us, because they would be unable to see the point in it. That's just human stupid thinking, we feel threatened by an superior race out of the same thinking scientists once said the sun is circling round the earth. We can't bear the fact something is better then we are, and I am convinced if some aliens come peacefully to the earth one day, we are just going to kill them. And because THEY know this fact, they are not coming as long as we change our minds (takes approximately 10 000 to 1 Mio Years, I guess), but just monitor us to catch the moment we are worth talking with.
That's why (maybe), there are just UFO sightings, but no really contacts, because they know we are too aggressive and frightened like a kid alone in the woods.
And if anybody mentions "War of the worlds" again, my advice is: read the book of H.G.Wells! It's about 100 years old, and more intelligent than ten years of Hollywood output.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
What link? *acts all innocent*

No it got removed by a mod. Although you should click on MickeyDee's signature!

Well, it's not there anymore but all I know is that I'm not ever going to click on anyone's signature! The link that was there took me to a page where a pop-up appeared and I had to click 200+ times to get rid of it! It's funny that the page even offered to let me send it to my friend(s) to let them get ticked off after I finished with the clicking. Thats a good way to enforce friendship
lol.
.............whatever...........

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I´ve been reading and reading your posts for a long time,so i decided to participate and give my opinion.In my opinion what we are seeing are time flying crafts,that are being piloted by our race which comes from our future,they somehow managed to go back in time,and that´s why they know so much about our future and what will happen,maybe they even have robots to service them,and these robots might look like the aliens that we see on tv so many times,those black eyes could be the infra red sensors,just guessing,but just maybe i could be right.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join