It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I don't worry about anything here in Washington…" - President George W. Bush.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was in NY back when the big Watergate scandal I was a teen and even I knew that something was wrong with our country.

The man did a service to our nation exposing the truth.

Occurs, taking in consideration that I am also call anti American once in a while by members in here, for pointing out the mistakes of our government.

I guess I know how It feels when you just want to know the truth rather than swallowing what others tells you.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Deep Throat was a crook and liar himself convicted of the same type of crime he shadily fingered others for.

Are you saying that Nixon and his cronies did nothing wrong? No one has denied that the Watergate information from Felt was in any way inaccurate, but are you doing so now?

The fact that Felt orderred dubious activity by the FBI does not invalidate his credibility as a source of intelligence. And even RepuliKKKan president Reagan didn't think that Felts activity with the FBI was worth a sentence... hence the pardon he gave Felt.

So what's your point here, exactly? Simply that Felt has done some bad things, too... which of course, don't even come close to competing with Nixon's Whitehouse activity.

Oh, perhaps you are saying that Felt is indeed a "traitor" by exposing the truth... ? Hopefully even you and Rush Limbaugh understand how ridiculous that sounds.

It sounds like you are simply regurgitating dialogue from a known conservative "news" (i.e. opinion and propoganda) source, and hoping that we will all be awed, wowed, and swayed by it.

Or, perhaps you could expound a bit?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
As a member of the FBI, the man should have gone through proper channels and not broken the law himself by going to the press. He's no hero, his motives were dubious and methods unsound. I'm not saying that people in the Nixon administration were innocent, but he's just as guilty.

On a side note, I'd also like to go back to travel figures and present those of the liberal anti-war bastion of Canada:

In 2000 total non-resident international travelers entering Canada stood at 48,637,600 and in 2004 38,844,600 a reduction of over 20% (source: Statistics Canada). By comparison U.S. figures dropped only about 10% over the same period (from 51,236,701 to 46,077,257).

If we have an evil government scaring away tourists, Canada's must be much worse.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think the guilty people are running scared in th Bush administration and Deep Throat picked a good time to come out of hiding and announce who he is. The thing is there are probably a lot of little guys out there in our government who know things and have done nothing about it out of fear and here is a guy who exposed them all and still managed to stay alive and well and now you got this administration and its bunch of secrets and so now the people who support this administration are trying to make him look bad. Its funny because these are the same guys you see wearing flags on their lapels and waving flags everytime you turn around, they wrap themselves in the flag proclaiming patriotism and now their trying to crucify a guy who sacrificed a lot for no other reason than patriotism. Proving that they these pundits loyalty is to whomevers butt they happen to be kissing to stay in the limelight.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Deep Throat was a crook and liar himself convicted of the
same type of crime he shadily fingered others for.

Yep. That's something that is glossed over. Also, the fact
that he was 'sour grapes' for not getting a major promotion
that he wanted. Another gloss over.

I understand why Deep Throat did things the way he did.
He couldn't go through legal channels at that time.
Understandable. I would have been too afraid to use
the system at that time too. If he had, I'm sure he would
have 'disappeared'.

However, to paint this guy as a hero is comical. He was
sour grapes and he was a criminal himself. His motives
were not alturistic.

Reference the title of this tread ... the quote by 'W' ...

Here are a few strange quotes from Bill Clinton.
Idiocty knows no party lines.
www.gargaro.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Originally posted by Boatphone
Also, where does your "2/3 see us as dangerous bully" come for, your twisted mind??

BBC's warped mind i guess:
news.bbc.co.uk...

As part of the What The World Thinks of America programme, 11,000 people in the UK, France, Russia, Indonesia, South Korea, Jordan, Australia, Canada, Israel, Brazil and the US responded to a poll asking their views and opinions on America.

1. Q: Do you agree that America is a force for the good in the world?

Americans: 79 Favourable
World: - 6 Less Favourable

2. Q: Do you agree with the statement "America is a beacon of hope and opportunity?

Americans: 85 Favourable
World: 5 Favourable

3. Q: Who is more dangerous: America or Nth Korea?

World Average: America 43 - Nth Korea 43 - No Opinion 6
Americas Average: America 14 - Nth Korea 83 - No Opinion 1

4. Q: Who is more dangerous: America or Iran?

World Average: America 46 - Iran 40 - No Opinion 6
American Average: America 18 - Iran 77 - No Opinion 2

Are you saying that those 10 nations are 2/3 of the world??

Is your personal intelligence so low that all you got from these statistics is a ridiculing question that ignores the difference in US and World opinion?

No wonder America has no clue what the rest of the world thinks, it's head is way to far up where the sun don't shine.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Oh, please...listen to yourself! The BBC takes a poll of a few people in 10 country's and you are acting as if that means something. It doesn't.

according to you a few people in 10 nations = 2/3 of the world. jeez.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Oh, please...listen to yourself! The BBC takes a poll of a few people in 10 country's and you are acting as if that means something. It doesn't.

Yeah, good point.
Maybe you should go work for the BBC because next time you can just tell them what the World thinks of America and save them doing any kind of polling!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

according to you a few people in 10 nations = 2/3 of the world. jeez.

Maybe they should of called the million people in the Sudan and asked them aswell, or maybe they did and they just wern't home or they didn't check their emails???

Are you serious that your going to ignore a BBC poll because it doesn't fit a 2/3rds' number by another poster that is obviously a blanket number and not meant as a precise statement?

If Ignorance was painful, America's drug companies would be even richer.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
whatever man, there are more than 15 nations in the world just so you know...

I just don't see how some poll can prove anyones point. That poll is not scientific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
DJ, you're full of it..
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

The US is losing billions of dollars as international tourists are deterred from visiting the US because of a tarnished image overseas and more bureaucratic visa policies, travel industry leaders have warned.

“It's an economic imperative to address these problems,” said Roger Dow, chief executive of the Travel Industry Association of America, tourism's main trade body, which concluded its annual convention this weekend in New York.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
boatphone
staff.stir.ac.uk...

www.howbushoperates.info...

www.publicdiplomacy.org...

You see what you choose to see. The world has become very upset with the decisions we've made. They perceive us as an aggressive military power, which is what we are. We're currently involved in at least a dozen theaters of operation, mainly in south and central America, the middle east, and SE Asia.

We lied, stole, and then made war. We aren't exactly shaking hands and kissing babies in political terms.

Most nations in the UN are displeased because of our limitless disdain for that body. Say what you will about the UN and how they do things, but that's immaterial to this discussion. There are nations that like us or are indifferent towards us, certainly. However, they are in the minority since Bush took office and steered America in a new direction.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Most nations in the UN are displeased because of our limitless disdain for
that body. Say what you will about the UN and how they do things .....

Okay, I will.

Our 'limitless disdain' for the U.N. is well founded and the U.N. has
definately earned it. The nations in the UN that are displeased
because Americans don't like them can stuff it. It's their own damn
fault they are disliked.

If the U.N. wants us to like them, then they will have to kick France
and Germany off the security council (they SOLD their votes to Saddam
and have no right to sit on a security council) and they will have to
ditch that idiot Koffi Annan. If the U.N. was a business (which
it really is), the CEO should have been fired and put in jail a
long time ago. Oil for Food is billions stolen, and this directly
involves the CEO Koffi and his family. MANY Iraqis died because of
this. MANY Iraqis went without medical care and education because
the UN criminals stole their money and laughed all the way to
their secret unnumbered Swiss bank accounts. NOTHING is being done
about slavery in Africa. NOTHING was done to stop the killing
in the Sudan, in Rwanda (before Koffi but still a UN flub), nothing
was done in Yugoslavia, and nothing was done in Iraq where
hundreds of thousands were butchered by Saddam. The UN
sucks money and definately doesn't produce any product that
is worthy of the $$$ it sucks up. Oh .. it gets a little something
right here or there ... but definately NOT in on a scale to what
it takes in.

Oh .. and their recent behavior towards Arafat and the terrorist
group Hamas is yet another example of why they have EARNED
disdain. Arafat could have ended the bloodshed a decade ago
when CLINTON had the Camp David talks. Arafat got 98% of
what he wanted from an Israeli dove leader ... but Arafat
turned it down because he didn't get all of Jerusalem .. and
because with peace Arafat couldn't murder and cause blood
shed - things which kept that demon's cold blood warm at night.
The U.N. LOOOOOOOOVED Arafat and publically supported
him - a major road block to true peace in the middle east.
The U.N. also recently said that the terrorist organization Hamas
was a legitimate government group. HELLO???

There is so much more ...

The idiots have definately earned the disdain that is rained upon them.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis
No wonder America has no clue what the rest of the world thinks

That's silly. We know exactly what the rest of the world
thinks. We know why it thinks it. We just DON'T CARE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join