It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA's submarine launched UAV's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
as for the other discussion here.

It will be awhile yet before we have a submersible carrier, before that happens I think we will have other ships that are submersible.

Subs are the ultimate in stealth, and with the earth being over 2/3 water...then can sneak up anywhere and fire a missile, and leave before the missile hits its target. they are very smooth to better glide threw the water, and you can see ships heading in the same direction.

To the point where the crew feels like there in a sub, no decks you can walk on, or balcony's, the only opening is in the back for the helicopters to land, and to preserve stealth people wont be out there (except when a helo is landing/taking off), once it lands it gets slide inside the ships 'hangar', and the ship goes back off the grid.

I think in 20-30 years we sill start seeing ships that can stay above water like a normal ship, and be stealthy. But when in hostile waters it will have the ability to sink into the water, but only to a certain depth, because of pressure.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
I think its possible that there could be underwater aircraft carriers with this new tech, the only problem might be recovering them.

thinking away ahead of u blue cell.

www.deepangel.com...

not only UAVs but underwater aircraft that can swim as well as fly. the people who made this concept thought ahead big time.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wow those are some cool ideas right there!
Also the computer generated pics look awesome, who knows maybe will have flying aircraft carriers someday.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
the subbattle ship big rail guns and missile boats what do massiave damage to ports making smaller versions for brown water navy

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
MISLEADING.

Your title "USA's submarine launched UAV's", is incorrect. I does not say in your 2 links that a sub launched it. It says they break into 5 peices to fit in a small suitcase, which weights around 5 pounds, so its likely that they get "launched" by someone throwing them or a small catapult. also the articles dont even give out a name of the UAV, and last but not least...You put a concept picture of a skunkworks UCAV launched from a sub...the whole thing is misleading.

The article pointed out that its a good idea to give the sub sky high eyes, but said nothing about subs launching them.

It said it can be "launched in a very unique way", which leaves the door wide open for interpretation.

I think the real goal for this thread is that people should find out the name and specs and manufactuer and what not, for this UAV.

Here, this link clearly says it is submarine launched :

Link

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Murcielago here's something very interesting.

The pdf file is titled "SUBMARINE-LAUNCHED AND RECOVERED MULTI-PURPOSE UAV" and has your avatar in it !!!

mecad.uta.edu...

Although it dose'nt have any details.

Are you the Lockheed engineer by any chance
???

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Stealth Spy]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join