It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurofighter vs. X-35 and F-22

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think you are missing one element to this scenario , the pilot, if hes in an inferior plane but is a better pilot that will equal things. Just thinking about the Harriers versus the Mirage in the Falklands.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The Typhoon is equal IMO to the F-35,

Yean but the F-35 is not an air superiority fighter its main role is ground attack although its more than capable of fighting in the air, its like comparing the F-15 with the F-16.

I think you are missing one element to this scenario , the pilot, if hes in an inferior plane but is a better pilot that will equal things.

And they don't just pick any pilot and let them fly the F/A-22. You have to be an F-15 pilot and have at least 5 or more years in the F-15 and a about 2000 flying hours or more in the Eagle. Even if you have those if your not at the top of your squadron as far as skill and talent goes your probably not getting picked.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yeah, but they have the same "must do" with the EF 2000... And i think that a good pilots has it in the vains, even though you can be a good pilot if you train a lot...

please correct me if I'am wrong...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yean but the F-35 is not an air superiority fighter its main role is ground attack although its more than capable of fighting in the air, its like comparing the F-15 with the F-16.

Nethier is the typhoon an air superiority fighter,
Its a multi role craft.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
As I said, its pure arrogance to say Eurofighter isnt BY FAR superior to F15/16, but as same its stupid to say, the EF2000 is as good as the JSF, as EF is already in use, while JSF will be get in mass production in half a decade...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wodan
As I said, its pure arrogance to say Eurofighter isnt BY FAR superior to F15/16, but as same its stupid to say, the EF2000 is as good as the JSF, as EF is already in use, while JSF will be get in mass production in half a decade...

Why is it arogant to say its just as good as the JSF?
The typhoon ( EF is a company)is a damm good fighter.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
That's true, you can't just say that the EF 2000 is bad... Cos' it isn't... And may I remind you that the EF 2000 is the only plane of these 3 that's in mass production...

I'am not saying that the F-22 and the X-35 are bad. Cos' I know that they will become fighters unseen before... I just don't like the fact that all the Americans are bragging about their unwinsible plane, when the plane isn't even in mass production yet...

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The F/A-22 is in full production 36 aircraft will be produced this year alone. And by the end of this year there will already be two squadron each having 24 planes operating.

DW an upgraded F-15C with AESA radar, upgraded avionic and Aim-120D/Aim-9X missiles IMO is going be a match of the EF.
Some of the F-15 in service will be upgraded with all of those system.

Through an on-going multistage improvement program the F-15 is receiving extensive upgrade involving the installation or modification of new and existing avionics equipment to enhance the tactical capabilities of the F-15. The head-up display projects on the windscreen all essential flight information gathered by the integrated avionics system. This display, visible in any light condition, provides the pilot information necessary to track and destroy an enemy aircraft without having to look down at cockpit instruments.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yeah, but can anybody on this whole planet swear to god that they will work... Geez, I can build a plane, I can build a fighter that I claim to be unwinsible... But will it actually work... Get my poit...?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The typhoon ( EF is a company)is a damm good fighter.

EF2000 is the name for the Typhoon version in german armed forces

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
DW an upgraded F-15C with AESA radar, upgraded avionic and Aim-120D/Aim-9X missiles IMO is going be a match of the EF.
Some of the F-15 in service will be upgraded with all of those system.

Same with a fully kitted out EF would be more than a match IMO, but we all know its the pilot not the kit.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Yeah, but can anybody on this whole planet swear to god that they will work... Geez, I can build a plane, I can build a fighter that I claim to be unwinsible... But will it actually work... Get my poit...?

Uhh... the F/A-22 has had more pre production testing and flying hours than probably any modern jet ever put into production. And it has been proved against fully equipped F-15’s, four Eagles flow by Raptor pilots all got blow out of the sky by one F/A-22 all without getting any shots off.

[edit on 17-6-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Yes ok, I getr youre point, But the plane isn't combat prooven... So untill it is... Nobody should brag about the plane...
RIGHT...?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
No its not combat proven, is the EF-2000?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, I ain't braggin about the EF 2000 am I...

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Ground_Zero has hit the nail on it's head. Stealthy a/c under the right conditions, are not stealthy at all - hense the shooting down of an F117A over Bosnia/Kosovo a couple of years ago.

It is all down to radar reflections. Everything gives of radar reflections. If something does not, then you have to look closer but before you bang on about dispersed radar beams being deflected all over the place, that is exactly my point.

If you shoot thousands of kilowatts of electrical energy at something and get a nil return, do you think nothing is there? Of course not! You just look harder and/or adjust the frequency.

Then there is the heat signature to consider. Before you all shout that engine exhausts are bled off through mainframe ducting, an aircraft flying through the air generates a tremendous amount of heat - caused by the friction of air moving over the aircraft's external surface, no matter what the shape of an aircraft - smooth skinned, angular or whatever, there is always a thermal signature.

If you try to detect a thermal source and find none, then that fact coupled with your 'lack' of radar returns should indicate that a stealthy aircraft is up and about.

Now, if somebody could come up with a completly stealthy UAV, say one that cannot be heard (YES THEY CAN - it's one of the peculiarities of Afghanistan's mountain and valleys, something to do with downdrafts) then given their ceiling, low power output, near invisability, a cracking weapons platform in the making.

As to Eurofighter 'Typhoon' v F22 or whatever, then F22 and the 'whatever' will win hands down. Even a Bf109G could beat a Eurofighter - for the reasons I've given on another thread.

Eurofighter is a waste of my taxpounds and should be scrapped!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   
OK, Thank's for making you point clear... I don't know about the "EF sucks part" but you are right about the fact that no plane is stealthy in all conditions...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
the eurofighter typhoon is constantly under development whilst in production in tranche format. the eurofighter would be more than a match for jsf and any existing american fighters in air to air combar except for the f22 raptor.
the eurofighter is twin engined more powerfull, faster, super cruise as well as other advantages over the jsf. it is not old fasioned in any way and infact the americans would do well to swallow their pride and buy some as they are far cheaper than the f22 and in most cases would be more than adaquate against enemy threats.
i would aslo like to say that the jsf is an amazing aircraft and very capable, but was originally designed to be a cheap single engined replacement for the f16 and harrier. it is not in the same class in air to air combat as the typhoon which inturn may not be in the same class as the f22. also bae actually produces a percentage of parts from the jsf mainly the rear control services and some of the avionics suite aswell as co developing the thrust vectoring system, so maybe your idea that the europeans mainly the uk are nt in the same class as the americans maybe unfounded and infact the only reason the americans have the edge is due to the massive ammounts of money america has in comparison to develop the better products. however for the price of 5 f22 you could buy 9 ef's.

the ef was bounced whilst in training over the lake district in england by 2 american f15's. the ef came out on top.
although the f15 is undergoing upgrades, as i stated before the eurofighter is always under development it never stops and was purposely designed to accept upgrades.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius
F-22 would win on a roughly 2:1 ratio

I remember reading that the F-22 in a simulation took out 4 F-15E's in a dogfight.
The EF did the same in a proper war game(training).
The EF would win against an F-22 in a dog-fight, but the problem is the EF hasn't got stealth so the F-22 would probably destroy the EF before the F-22 gets detected.
Real-world though the F-22 is the better plane because air combat is mostly conducted at tremendous ranges where the enemy isn't even visible.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by SKUNK2]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The F22 will only have a serious advantage in a situation where it has awacs support.

With no awacs the stealth becomes quite a bit less useless because you cant point the most stealthy part of the plane at the enemy to stay undectected. Thus you will be discovered and a much longer range.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join