It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playstation 3 and its games: just the facts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
here is a thread dedicated to Playstation 3 (PS3) and its games...

please post FACTS and NOT rumors about these things...

i will start and you can add what you want...

this will help Playstation 3 fans get the facts about this next-generation system...

another purpose of this thread is to put ALL the facts into ONE thread...

FACTS:

E3 2005: PS3 Official

Straight from Sony's press conference here at E3 comes the big news we've all been waiting for...PlayStation 3 is real, baby.

We're blasting up this article as the conference is still going on, but we're going to keep on updating with official details as they roll in from over the phone.

The first word: The name of the next Sony super system is definitely PS3 or PlayStation 3. Nothing fancy or surprising there. And, at least Sony didn't go with PlayStation 361 to outdo Microsoft.
Sony isn't joking around either, the PS3 is the focus of the conference. More details as the come, but be sure to check out the linked stories below for full PS3 coverage from the SCEI event.

E3 2005: PS3 Tech Specs

More numbers than you can shake a slide rule at.

MORE pics!!!

VIDEO: Sony Press Conference

E3 2005: PS3 Dated

UPDATE: PS3 now official confirmed for release in the spring of 2006.

The Games of PlayStation 3: Uncovered!

With the absolutely massive splash that Sony Computer Entertainment made with its 2005 E3 press conference, we couldn't resist compiling as much information as possible about the system's upcoming games and putting it in one easy to use guide. After all, it's been less than two weeks since the PS3 was officially announced and there are already 34 confirmed videogames for Sony's next generation console. That's a hell of lot more than the PSOne or PS2 had in their coming out periods, that's for sure, and we still have plenty of time left before the expected spring 2006 release date. Now that's crazy!

To help you weed through all the madness, we've compiled a comprehensive list of every confirmed PlayStation 3 game in existence, no matter how big or how small. So if it's been confirmed for Sony's next system then we've written it down for you right here. Keep in mind that this list is only for confirmed PS3 games -- vague hints and possible guesses are not listed. These are for confirmed and 100% real games only -- so don't be surprised if you don't see the next-gen game you want to happen but isn't.

w0w...

i hope you enjoy this info...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It's gonna be EFFIN awesome!!! is that a fact?

The only thing I don't like about it are the controllers.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
It's gonna be EFFIN awesome!!! is that a fact?

The only thing I don't like about it are the controllers.

your damn right...

im "saving" (or trying to) my money alredy...

and yes...

the controllers are "hate-a-ble" but what the hell...

its PS3!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Well, I know a few things:

Square has promised that while they do plan to develop games for the xbox 360, that Final Fantasy (Not FF online though) will remain PS exclusive. They have said they will develop FFXI for the Xbox 360, as well as any future online titles (and possibly a few side-shoots to the main FF series such as crystal chronicles) but FF itself will not jump ship.

PS3 will also be the first system to support 1080p resolution. Even though the chance of you finding (or affording) a TV that can do 1080p is unbelievably low. My own HDTV does 1080i, 720p, and 480p...as do 99% of them out there. Of course, when the U.S. DOES start getting 1080p HDTVs, PS3 will be ahead of the game since the Xbox360 can't do it.

I'm buying both though. Verdict is still out on the Revolution.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by Kai-Raega]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kai-Raega
Well, I know a few things:

Square has promised that while they do plan to develop games for the xbox 360, that Final Fantasy (Not FF online though) will remain PS exclusive. They have said they will develop FFXI for the Xbox 360, as well as any future online titles (and possibly a few side-shoots to the main FF series such as crystal chronicles) but FF itself will not jump ship.

PS3 will also be the first system to support 1080p resolution. Even though the chance of you finding (or affording) a TV that can do 1080p is unbelievably low. My own HDTV does 1080i, 720p, and 480p...as do 99% of them out there. Of course, when the U.S. DOES start getting 1080p HDTVs, PS3 will be ahead of the game since the Xbox360 can't do it.

I'm buying both though. Verdict is still out on the Revolution.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by Kai-Raega]

niiice...

thanks for the info

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Killzone 2 is going to like pwn everything. If its realtime its going to be even better.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
might well be better than the ps2 but it's to big and the pads look like poo.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Its gunna be like 50x better than ps2. I like the controllers cuz it look like theres more to grip.

top topics

join