It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

<<<<STOP TERRORISM INSTANTLY-READ ON>>>>

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The only way to stop brutality is to answer it with actions of an extremely brutal nature; especially in the case of muslim extremists. These people don't care about cutting your head off, blowing children to pieces on busses, and so on, but we're supposed to treat them like they're civil human beings.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I believe there is some truth to this basic story. However, MA's explaination regarding terrorist who "modify" their faith to meet their needs sounds right on.

I DO recall a story I once heard while in the military. It seems that during the 1800's in India the Brits had a hell of a time dealing with Indian-muslim conscripts. In fact, there is a story that an entire Indian regiment refused to fight in a major battle because of this. Apparently the paper-coated cartridges that the British guns used contained lard as a lubricant. The PROBLEM was that the soldier had to BITE OFF the paper to get the cartridge ready to be inserted into the gun. Obviously no good muslim is gonna bite into piggy fat.

The had to go back to muzzle loaded weapons for a while if I remember right.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here's an article right up your ally, goregrinder.

Fair warning, it does contain some graphic content.

kotisivu.mtv3.fi...

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am WITH YOU my man! These bastards have NO COMPUNCTION lopping off a man's head in front of his children ...

They are COWARDS and a disgrace to Humanity... Not to mention they usually hide in Women's cloothing rather than confront their enemies mano a mano...

I am FED UP with Libs who keep crying for understanding. You can not REASON with an INSANE mind.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Goregrinder,

As you can see from the post by astrocreep your theory is completely absurd. Acts of extreme hostility and brutality do not deter others from hostility. In fact, it most likely leads to the exact opposite by making acts of brutality the norm.

The article was hard to go through because of its graphic nature. If this is the type of act you would like to impose on others, or worse. I am definitely not behind you Goregrinder.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
So leveller, you're saying while they use barbaric, disgusting tactics, we should fight a politically correct war??

Who says we are politically correct?
Is killing anyone politically correct?

The question isn't whether we should stop terrorism. It's how.
If you use the sort of tactics that you are advocating, not only will you alienate a lot of moderates amongst the population which is supplying the terrorists but you will also end up with those amongst your own people who will turn against you when your tactic doesn't work.
Add to that the fact that you really will be no better than those whom you are trying to deter and you have a recipe for disaster.

Fighting religious fanatics by turning their religion against them is a non starter. They have already proven that their religion is adaptable to their needs and they will change their beliefs, doctrines and responses accordingly.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't need the backing of a bleeding heart, luke. I simply stated what is obviously true. How then do we deter these militants. And i think you misinterpereted astro's message. Maybe we could release all of the terrorist detainees and go have a cold one with them? Go pick some flowers or try and save the rainforest. This is why the American people don't want one of you as president; can you imagine the utter chaos that would have enveloped this country had gore been president throughout these trying times?

Peace and all that righteous stuff, dude.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ahhh Gore,

As is usual you have thrown yourself right off the deep end mouth frothing and drool running down your sleave at the thought of getting retribution by killing others.

I in no way said that terrorists should go unpunished. I believe they do deserve to be punished, just as anyone who deos any illegal act against another deserves to be punished. I simply stated that our method of punishment should not be of equally brutal nature.

I would also argue that Americans are largely to blame for these acts. Americans are just as brutal and atrocious in the crimes they commit against their own people (albeit less public in nature) as well as the horrendous acts they commit against large innocent populations in order to rid the world of a few.

Perhaps, these terrorist attacks are the only way other countries can sufficiently punish the US for crimes they have commited on foreign countries.

You should think about that before you begin preaching for more brutal punishment.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe thats why the us was air dropping "meals ready to eat"...MERS

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
My post really didn't address the issue of punishment being brutal or not. It was more centered on the use of political correctness to for us to "tolerate intolerance". Probably the greates reason more passners on the hijacked planes didn't revolt..to afraid to be labled racist for attacking a middle-eastern muslim. I say throw PC out the window and take care of stopping terrorist at all cost. If that means using pork products then so be it...although to a brainwashed maniac, I doubt that much of a deterent.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Astro,

I realize that your post did not address the issue of punishment, but it did provide examples of horendous acts carried out against there own people.

I wanted to point out that these people are not the only people doing this. americans are equally guilty of horrid acts fo cruelty, especially when it comes to dealing with foreigners.

I agree that terrorism needs to be taken care of, but I think where I disagree is the methodology. It will be some time before America stops being a target, especially after their recent stints in Afghanistan and Iraq. The hostility will continue.

However, if America begins to adopt a policy of peace-keeping instead of war-mongering, they may make advances toward a more peaceful society. However, this is not what the American public wants...they want their CNN full of highlights of bombings....as long as the bombing occurs in other countries. It hits a little closer to home when soemthing explodes in say...New York.

The government is not entirely to blame....American outcry for violence in foreign countries is part of the problem.
My post really didn't address the issue of punishment being brutal or not. It was more centered on the use of political correctness to for us to "tolerate intolerance". Probably the greates reason more passners on the hijacked planes didn't revolt..to afraid to be labled racist for attacking a middle-eastern muslim. I say throw PC out the window and take care of stopping terrorist at all cost. If that means using pork products then so be it...although to a brainwashed maniac, I doubt that much of a deterent.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Luke, not to insult you but I think you're 180 degrees off target on this..why? because we can take a look at America over the past decade and see that appeasement, which we tried did nothing but add fuel to the fire and make us appear weak and vulnerable. The attacks of 9-11 and the previous attacks were not about anything America had done, they were about bringing down the only country in the world capable of stopping a world take-over by a bloody religious jihad. We stand in the way of mass genocide, we stand in the way of forced allegience to these cultists.

As bad as it pains me to say, a peace seeking America must first be strong enough to defeat those who are incapable of compromise and reason. We do seek peace everyday with diplomatic programs and trade relations but why should we be forced to accept violence from those who know nothing else but violence as a condition to exist in the world when we have at our disposal the ability to deter it?

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Stupid and sick.. that what you are.. and even our god (the one whos son is Mr.Jesus..) will put you in hell for these EVIL ideas..

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
As has been stated, Muslims who are going to suicide bomb a bunch of women and kids are not gonna be detrerred by pig guts. Thats a myth. Since suicide and murdering innocents will ban a person from paradise in the first place, according to the Koran, touching pork aint gonna do the trick.

U wanna stop terrorism? Its a little more difficult.

1. Cut off Israel completely.
2. Saudi Arabia, the biggest funder of terrorism, needs to be dealt with SEVERELY. In fact, we should have done to the Saudi's what we did to Iraq instead.
3. Stop creating terrorists in the first place. Quit funding the freedom fighters and stop getting involed in thier petty conflicts. Let em duke it out themselves. If they want peace, then maybe well talk.maybe.
4. Kick the terrorists and traitors out of our own gov. Thats where it REALLY starts. otherwise, all else will never materialize.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
There is no magic pill that will cure the world of Terrorism.It has now become a fact of life for all of us. Britain fought Terrorism in Northern Ireland for over 25 years a conflict that cost lives of Combatents and Innocents alike.
Do you think that because there is a peace process in place that everyone is friends again and that the terrorism is over in Northern Ireland? No, its just a pause, the violence will start again and more people will die. The same is true about the War that the world is now fighting against muslim fundamentalists it will go on for years perhaps even decades. But it will never truly be over, all we can do is fight it, and fight it hard.
Ok US policy may have triggered all of this, but no one< no one deserved what happened to people of all Races and Creeds on 9/11. The terrorists didnt declare war just on America that day but every one of us.
Why? Because they want a world were freedom of speech, freedom of Religious choice become a thing of the past. And those freedoms are worth fighting and dying for.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
As has been stated, Muslims who are going to suicide bomb a bunch of women and kids are not gonna be detrerred by pig guts. Thats a myth. Since suicide and murdering innocents will ban a person from paradise in the first place, according to the Koran, touching pork aint gonna do the trick.

U wanna stop terrorism? Its a little more difficult.

1. Cut off Israel completely.
2. Saudi Arabia, the biggest funder of terrorism, needs to be dealt with SEVERELY. In fact, we should have done to the Saudi's what we did to Iraq instead.
3. Stop creating terrorists in the first place. Quit funding the freedom fighters and stop getting involed in thier petty conflicts. Let em duke it out themselves. If they want peace, then maybe well talk.maybe.
4. Kick the terrorists and traitors out of our own gov. Thats where it REALLY starts. otherwise, all else will never materialize.

Number tree.. THINK ABOUT IT..
TOTALLY TRUE.. and it is true.. that these fanatical islamic fighters have readen their koran upside-down.. or something as you only get to go to paradise if you die in battle against infidel.. and i see no battle in WTC or in Jakarta.. in Iraq where there is a occupation and a war there those suicede bombing are a another matter.. there they are part of a battle even if innocents get killed also..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join