It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity's Death Throes: Planned "Patriot Pastor" Training To Finalize it's Corruption

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
"This Republican Party of Lincoln has become a party of theocracy."
~U.S. Representative Christopher Shays, R-CT, (New York Times, March 23, 2005)

The well documented merger of modern Christianity and "the political right" over the past 40 years hasn't subsided from exposure; it's been emboldened.

And for the most part, it's been next to impossible to tell which is the cart and which is the horse. Good intentions may abound, but one thing remains certain. Whether adding a cup of urine to a barrel of the finest wine, or a cup of the finest wine to a barrel of urine, the result is the same. It all gets thrown out as piss and vinegar.

So while semantically one may accurately say 'oh this has nothing to do with real Christianity or real conservative politics' I submit it'd be quite a challenge to find the pure aspect of either as currently diluted; Which is probably why the dilution continues with such abandon, as you can always count on an apologist to be anything but... apologetic.

Of course the "real" Christians are in fact unapologetic and distance themselves every time a prominent Christian leader humps a mule, rapes his wife, molests children, excommunicates political dissent, conspires against the government or offends logic and taxpayers alike.

Or if they're the other kind of "real" Christian, they cheer. Let's talk specifically though about this other kind of "real" Christian of which we may find in any of today's headlines, as they are the result of all this Political Christian merger mania and effectively run the world. At least that's the plan, or as stated by Paul Weyrich, inventor of Neo-Jesus, "We are talking about Christianizing America. We are talking about simply spreading the gospel in a political context."

So let's call this 'Christianizing America in a political context' then Brand X Activism since it isn't adequately either quite religion or politics, just destroying both. And Brand X Activism then, or that which asks you to Boycott Kraft Cheese for Jesus or Vote a Certain Way or Jeopardize Your Soul for Formal Cooperation in Evil should be a topic of concern to the other "real" Christians as it will eventually destroy Christianity, assuming it hasn't already.

Looking then to that hot spot of political corruption known as Ohio (as it's currently vying for rank with Kansas and Texas as "craziest place on Earth"), we see the perfect example of state diluting religion and religion diluting state with the Ohio Restoration Project.

It's plan?

America Has a Mission to Share a Living Savior With a Dying World

Our Plan

Ohio Restoration Project will organize and execute:

1 - Pastor Policy Briefings in the targeted cities:

Cincinnati
Columbus
Cleveland
Canton/Akron
Dayton/Springfield
Steubenville/Youngstown
Toledo/Findlay
Martin's Ferry

These briefings will feature prominent, dynamic Christian leaders. We will identify and equip 2,000 Pastors to become Patriot Pastors. Dates and speakers are being finalized now, and will be available by May 1st.

2 - Ohio For Jesus Advertising – 30-second radio spots featuring Secretary of State Ken Blackwell on “The Stewardship of our Citizenship.”

3 - We will host seven Pastor Policy Briefings in the cities mentioned above from March through September.

Six weeks prior to the gathering, this will require a site inspection team of Pastor Russell and key leaders from the area. Marketing packets will be distributed through these meetings to ensure as many leaders as possible being in attendance at these Pastor Policy Briefings. All seven of these Policy Briefings will include informational packets on the Ohio for Jesus pastor's gathering in late October to early November in 2005.

It's on old Weyrich/Falwell "Moral Majority" strategy. They trained thousands and thousands of Pastors decades ago on the fine of art of co-opting the right and congregations alike for the Republican Party. The "Patriotic Pastors" bit is new, but it's just the next logical step in formalizing the rampant Patriotic Correctness of a developing theo-fascist state. And why shouldn't it be rampant? After all, it's not that moral atrocity of "political correctness" that makes conservatives feel shame for calling the mentally or physically challenged 'Tards and Cripples (like Jesus would do). It's that divine "feel the burn" angry Christian politics kind of Patriotic Correctness, that elevates intolerance, glorifies anti-intellectualism, and just generally makes the "common man" an authority on everything in the next world, effectively accomplishing nothing but helping the "haves" have more in this one.

Anyway. The duties of Patriot Pastors? The usual tax exempt metaphysical stuff...

4 - We will encourage ministers across the state of Ohio to become Patriot Pastors. Patriot Pastors will be challenged to:

Preach and inform their congregations on issues relevant to the Christian Community. These ministers of the Gospel who are needed to encourage their church families to be engaged in the culture as a light set on a hill that refuses to be hid.

Help build a network of addresses and e-mails that will equip concerned Christians to become informed “Minutemen” of our day. Patriot Pastors will work towards adding 200 names to our statewide mailing and 100 e-mails. We presently have 60,000 names on our AFA Ohio mailing and 55,000 on other lists that have been made available. This does not include the 55,215 e-mailing addresses that we currently have. We would like to build that to a total of 300,000 on the mailing list and 100,000 e-mail addresses. In a single day, we could educate and mobilize hundreds of thousands who are able to pray at a moment's notice. A website could be developed helping thousands of families to have access to information that equips these folks to make a stand.

Host nonpartisan
voter registration drives in their churches
. Patriot Pastors will work toward registering 300 new voters by April 2006. These can be solicited in nonpartisan registration drives in a variety of ways. There are 88 counties with more than 7,000 churches. If we could see 00,000 new registered voters involved in the process, this would be a serious step towards the “Stewardship of our Citizenship.”

Include Voter Guides and inserts provided from Christian Coalition, American Family Association, and Center For Moral Clarity. Informed voters appreciate these tools in discovering where candidates stand on the issues. These Voter Guides are great tools to help engage their communities with conviction and confidence. These guides help clarify the positions of various candidates who, at times, would like to remain vague and noncommittal.

Mobilize voter participation through transportation for the elderly, childcare for young families, congregational prayer meetings for elections, praying for those candidates requesting prayer, being involved and engaged as “salt and light” within the culture.

Encourage their church families to participate in Pastor Policy Briefings and regional “God and Country Rallies” where the issues of the day are underscored and highlighted and the Judeo-Christian ethic is affirmed. Nationally known speakers Franklin Graham, Zell Miller, Secretary of State Ken Blackwell, Bob McEwen, Pastor Lawrence White, Pastor Rod Parsley, Ambassador Alan Keyes, Jerry Falwell, James Dobson, Chuck Colson, Pat Robertson and Tony Perkins will be asked to participate.

Like I said... the usual. You know, like Jesus would do.

Just one example from the hotbed of Brand X Activism which ultimately exports it's thinking and antagonism nationally. Of course, people object! I do believe I am right now, but it amounts to little. The shameless can't be shamed.

So when does the hundredth monkey kick in?

Do we all just wake up as Moonies one day? First America, then the world? Or does this or another "final straw" finally come along and implode the Brand X Activism house of cards resulting in either the other "real" Christians taking their religion back or just the end of Christianity altogether as nothing but co-opted Republicanism?

It may have already happened (even long ago), and we just didn't notice. At least those Brand X Activists under 30 clearly have no idea either way. History being rewritten by the victors and all.

"The Grand Old Party is more religious cult than political organization."
~President of the Alamo City Republican Women's club, 1993

Let the indignant denial of an impending demise of Christianity begin. It wouldn't be death throes without it.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Not much I can add to this RANT. It is my feverent hope that the whole Schiavo debacle is the zenith of the religious zealotism that has infected many in this country. Unchecked we run the risk of another inquisition period or worse.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well is not surprise that the so-called separation of State and religion is just a metaphor, is not politics without religion and is not religion without the political intervention.

What a politician to do but to use and abuse religion to pursue the approval of the masses for political ambitions.

What religion groups to do to push their Jesus and all for Jesus in the name of Jesus agendas?

Well they groomed their martyrs’ minions for years to control politics in political positions.

Now more than ever all this conglomerate of political figures with the lord of the money and religious figures to back them off, are in a desperate attempt to get a hold of the nation once and for all.

Will they be successful? Well even with all the purposes and might, I still see a great majority that will not bend to their wishes.

It is something that humans can never get over is the temptation that corruption and power bring to their lives once they have a taste for of it's hard to brake away from it.

I see an implosion like....... as everything in life it will eat them from withing.

Actually already has started.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
A "new age" is on the horizon. It's a new Dark age. The political control of the religious right is unstopable. A new crusade has begun fueled by fear and parionoia. Most of those onthis site are critical thinkers; but most of the population arent. Thinkin takes effort and most people are to tired just tryin to make a livin in this country to think of anything beyound their immediate needs. Just the kind of populace to be manulapited and shaped into what the puppet masters think we should be. As of yet I haven't figured out what they want us to be. I'm workin on it and as soon as I know I'll tell ya.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
To say that the "Religious Right" came upon the stage 40 years ago is to ignore the rest of American history, which shows all but theose who ignore what they do not like that Christianity has always been an important factor in this nation's course.
AS a matter of fact, you'll notice that it is the opposite that is the fact, that for about the last 40 years, there has been a concerted effort to drive any acknowledgement of God or His clear, concrete and unwaivering moral principles in the nation or as an anchor to insure the country is going in the right direction.

You are perpetuating the New Thought history, Rant.

Why is it that they are pushing for this?

Read my signature.

Why is it still a motivation, even though we are told that Soviet Communism is dead? Because, if we forget God, we will worship the All Mighty Government. If we dwell in our own perversions, pursue immorality ratehr than concentrate on building and bettering, we'll not notice the slow and inevitable takeover and control of the invisible masters.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
To say that the "Religious Right" came upon the stage 40 years ago is to ignore the rest of American history, which shows all but theose who ignore what they do not like that Christianity has always been an important factor in this nation's course.

AS a matter of fact, you'll notice that it is the opposite that is the fact, that for about the last 40 years, there has been a concerted effort to drive any acknowledgement of God or His clear, concrete and unwaivering moral principles in the nation or as an anchor to insure the country is going in the right direction.

Of course Christianity has been not only central to all of American history but every "evangelizing" movement in the western world from the spread of the Roman Empire to selling Amway products (as I believe you both know and would attest).

I just point to the last 40 years as when the right openly co-opted the religion. I don't deny at all that the left used the medium of Christianity openly in the last century to evangelize it's own agenda. I believe actually that's the part of history modern Christianity attempts to deny... That Jesus once pitched Unions and Social Security, long before he got so concerned with tax breaks.

And there's the rub. As useful a marketing tool as an evangelizing medium certainly is, does that bastardization (in any form) not inherently corrupt the message?

At some point it must, if it hasn't already. That's why I'm posting in this forum to discuss the impact on Christianity, not "right wing" anything per se... But that is where the modern examples of use come in.

With the advent of mass media, the Internet, e-mail, etc. surely there's something to this theory that the demonstratable evolution of Christianity as a means NOT unto itself has reached fever pitch, and must have some dire consequences unto itself if not it's very demise.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
i am not just saying this because my theological beliefs are generally against those of evangelicals (i am a reformed christian), but also as a libertarian...

it is my hope that the God of peace will save us from those who come in His name bringing war and tyranny. that He would restore order and longsuffering in a nation that once stood for the freedoms that have been inborn in man from the beginning, a nation that once stood for tolerance of those who we contest with as though each person was thankful for their own liberties.

to whichever deity you submit to, pray and hope. if your faith is in yourself or other non-deity, then at least maintain hope.

daved

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Since TC took on some of the ignorace about the history , I will merely comment on the one part that is most important as of this point in the life of the world.

Let the indignant denial of an impending demise of Christianity begin. It wouldn't be death throes without it.

There will be two types of people who will deny the impending temporary deminse of Christianity. Those who dont read their bible, and the apostate church that is leading people to hell whether through error or planned rebellion.

I will not argue the point. The truth is, christianity , real™ christians™, are an endangered species. If you read your bible you know its truth. Not many keep Christs word, and only those that do, are ™christians™.

The bible puts it this way

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

So not only are you correct, but you are looking at a sign of the end, and are ignorant of it.

The next verse fits perfectly with churches saying gay is ok, new bibles that say sex is a good release tool and marriage isnt needed, ..new bibles that say Jesus is really Judith...
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Then there are folks on this board that thrive on hating christianity...

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Talk about fitting.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Finally ,
God Uses whom He will. There are now 7000 new christians in Afganistan .
Why? Because the taliban taught them? No.

In the coming Gog-magog war Babylon is missing from the muslim alliance. Unthinkable just a couple years ago that Iraq would not be in on an invasion of Israel. Now look at it.

The signs of the times are in front of your eyes and you mention them with your own lips...but you dont see them.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
From the same post...

That's exactly what death throes look like. A "conspiracy" or concerted effort among quotable "phantom enemies" justifying your continued existence in spite of your own inevitable demise. And you scream it from the rooftops, or at least NewsMax and WorldNetDaily. The end is near indeed.

Were I to find that which butters my bread increasingly irrelevant (for whatever reason), I'd sure repackage wouldn't you? And I'd set out to get those SOB's that "did this to me" with any allies I could find.

So it could be this fever pitch merger of Christianity and right wing politics (both of which were out of favor at the onset of this time frame we're discussing) isn't so much about the cynical nature of Republicanism as it is the demise of Chrisitianity. I believe you actually said as much (though indirectly).

So the last gasp as it were, may not be this ridiculously brazen latest coupling of Church and State to produce it's bastard offspring of "Patriot Pastors," but the fact that either feel the need to do so in order to survive.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
We have scriptural support.

Originally posted by jake1997

There will be two types of people who will deny the impending temporary deminse of Christianity. Those who dont read their bible, and the apostate church that is leading people to hell whether through error or planned rebellion.

I will not argue the point. The truth is, christianity , real™ christians™, are an endangered species. If you read your bible you know its truth. Not many keep Christs word, and only those that do, are ™christians™.

The bible puts it this way

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

So not only are you correct, but you are looking at a sign of the end, and are ignorant of it.

My ignorance of the joy that is standing on the street corner screaming the world is ending aside, I'm glad we agree at least that Christianity is exhibiting signs of it's impending implosion.

Though I'm surpised to see you at such odds with predominant analysis of the "we shall take over the world for Christ" crowd (always just one election away from declaring victory), especially considering how much you bang their drum.

I bet this is just one of those sneaky Brand X Activists tricks, isn't it?

New slogan for Brand X marketing campaign:

Preach like you don't need the money, Hate like you never learned to love, Martyr yourself like no one's watching, and (as always) Be Christian like it's going out of style!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's true that for the last 40 or 50 years the US has become more liberal. Blue laws have been over thrown, Abortions allowed and casino's have spread from sea to shinging sea. Peaple were even allowed to follow whatever god of faith they chose without persecution.

It seems freedom, more then anything else, gives the christians the red a$$.

Do you honestly believe this power grab they are making is for freedom? I assure you its not. They want power so they can dictate just what they personally believe on everyone in this country. They will outlaw abortion, stem cell research, gambling, and as their power grows they will continue to outlaw anything they find offensive.

Soon you won't even be able to dance because once they have power, they will not stop until they have total power. America will be ruled by the christian Taliban.

This has nothing to do with freedom, its about power and how desperately they want it to take our freedoms away.

Political power in the hands of religion has always, always lead to tyranny. Political power in the hands of religion will always lead to tyranny.

This is ofcourse, MHO.

Wupy

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The propagation of religious believes by Christian fundamentalist has become fashionable and to dismiss any other beliefs is the trend, if you don’t believe in my God you are going to hell.

Religious believes has become a perpetuation and delusion in which instead of attracting worthy followers most of the time the true faithful and worthy worshiper starts to deviate from this new movement.

The internet has become a source of spreading information and people are finding that the world is not such a big place after all.

Religious movements are exploiting this opportunity to create a system with self instructions to propagate their new movement like computer viruses.

But the ones that are exploiting the internet the most is the fundamentalist groups.

Most of this propaganda is nothing more than instructions on how to instigate hate and intolerance.

What people doesn’t understand is that their faith and believes has been use against them for manipulation.

Making the faithful believe that if you believe on them you get “a promise to haven”, If you are not a believer of the right religion then “Eternal punishment is what will await you in hell”

Playing mind games in the name of all for the good of the nation like this new “Patriot Pastors” is nothing more than boosting the egos of Religious leaders of the community by telling them that they are the “Chosen and Superior to others”

In this state of mind the “Chosen or Superior” ones take faith over reason.

Using the bible as the reference for all in their own well trained way to influence the population, comes to mind that the favorite phrase of choice is that if is not in the bible then . . . is not believable.

This new fundamentalist group don’t need a holy war of “convert or be killed” but they used tactics like annihilation.

Social Isolation for a none believer is like a sentence to death specially if the ones targeted are in social and leadership positions, as in the government.

For regular people in the masses the “intimidation and terrorism” are used along with social isolation.

The use of disinformation and Censorship to spread lies about anybody that will rise against them to stop any competition.

Most religions teach that they are the true path to salvation and that the unbelievers are bound to hell. Because Christianity had deviated to so many denominations, the new Fundamentalist groups have to prove themselves to be the one and only way to haven. Even if they have to take over, any other Christian believes or any other one for that matter.

Will their new attack against the believers of the wrong faiths will work? That is something that we need to see.

Perhaps the new war is to be wagged by the new “Patriotic Pastors” and the recruit of "Jesus soldiers"

I have to point out that all this effort by these people makes Jesus and God so powerless and weak that they have to fight the war of the faith for them to keep them alive.

Pity.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Though I'm surpised to see you at such odds with predominant analysis of the "we shall take over the world for Christ" crowd (always just one election away from declaring victory), especially considering how much you

The world will be won for Christ, dont get that part wrong. It will be done by Christ. Its just that there is a bad time between now and then. During that time ....

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

You can see it all around. I know you can see that people who are called christian do not keep Christs teaching. The falling away is well under way.

Jesus even gave a clue as to who would be doing the persecuting of his followers. It will be those apostate churches.

Joh 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
Joh 16:3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

It wont be the atheists. It will be the apostate churches and false religions.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

It wont be the atheists. It will be the apostate churches and false religions.

Christians killing christians huh...sounds about right.

Remember the Salem witch trials when those accused of witchcraft were told to repent or die? They were actually very leniant and those who professed to witchery were spared an rehabilitated while those that refused to confess were murdered. The ones who refused to confess were actually the innocent christians.

Sorry, I read that somewhere and have no idea if its true or not. Still, it would sound about right.

I've been on here too long today, i've rambling.

Night folks,

Wupy

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Part of the problem stems from the fact that there are so many factions in Christianity today. What "Christians" believe is as diverse as the many other non-Christian religions. I recently came across an article that claims only 9% of America's born again Christians actually believe basic Biblical truths.

To determine a Biblical worldview, Barna used the following 8 point criteria:

*Believing that absolute moral truths exist.
*Such truths are defined by the Bible.
*Jesus Christ lived a sinless life.
*God is the all-knowing, all-powerful Creator and still rules today.
*Salvation is a gift of God and cannot be earned.
*Christians have a responsibility to share their faith in Christ.
*Satan is real.
*The Bible is accurate in all its teachings.

As any real Christian can see, these 8 points comprise basic Biblical truth. To think that more than 90% of born again Christians would deny any one of these fundamental truths suggests that the vast majority of professing Christians today have no clue as to what being a Christian really means.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Now, I'm no big fan of Alex Jones, but with the world in the state it is in today, I'm willing to believe this one.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Why is it that they are pushing for this?

Read my signature.

Why is it still a motivation, even though we are told that Soviet Communism is dead? Because, if we forget God, we will worship the All Mighty Government. If we dwell in our own perversions, pursue immorality ratehr than concentrate on building and bettering, we'll not notice the slow and inevitable takeover and control of the invisible masters.

But if we can't distinguish between a pastor and a politician, aren't we also worshiping the "All Mighty Government"?

There has to be a clear line drawn between government and religion. As Rant pointed out, it is dangerous to marry the two. Religion is a medium that requires blind faith and government is a method teeming with opportunistic politicians pushing agendas that cater to hidden corporate sugardaddies.

Put them together, and the flock is blindly having faith in politicians that phone in their psalms from corporate jets on loan.

Just look at Kansas. Good, Christian Republicans campaigned on promises to solve the moral ills that plagued the state, such as abortion, pornography, and homosexuality and overwhelmingly cleaned the clocks of the incumbent Democrats. Once in office, nothing was done about rampant "immorality", but these Republicans sold the souls of the blue-collar workers to big business and the result was poverty, closed factories and fewer jobs.

But the downfall of Kansas, and other similar blue-collar areas that have embraced Christian Conservatism can't be because of economic reasons, right? It must be the "concerted effort to drive any acknowledgement of God or His clear, concrete and unwaivering moral principles in (from?) the nation."

There are myriad concrete explanations rooted in economics that single out poverty--not homosexuality, Grand Theft Auto, Janet Jackson's breast, or birth control pills, as the reason for increased crime and living on the margins of society, however, this seems to be lost on the fundamentalist Christian crusade.

What also seems to be lost on these Christians is that the population of this country is still overwhelmingly Christian. The majority of our elected officials are Christian. Jesus Christ is still omnipresent in society, the media, and commerce.

Even most Americans who aren't Christian believe in God and "His clear, concrete and unwaivering moral principles."

So, who are the "they" you are blaming for this supposed waivering of moral principles? Is it the 15% minority of the country that doesn't believe in God? Are Scientologists and Athiests responsible for the "downfall of America"?

I doubt it. It's Christians. Christian teenagers that have premarital sex. Christians who get divorced. Christians who shoot one another. Christians who have abortions. Christians who voted for John Kerry.

Heck--even Laura Bush watches Desperate Housewives and makes off color jokes about her husband fondling horses.

If the majority of the sinners are Christian, why would you think that more Jesus Christ in government is going to move the country to a higher "moral" ground?

Oh, it's those Christians. The bad ones that Jake1997 mentioned. Heathens dressed in Christian clothing....

Wait. I've heard this one before.

Back when our country was being founded, Christians thought Catholics were heathens. Catholicism was prohibited in all but two colonies and and John Jay, future chief justice of the Supreme Court, felt that Catholics should be denied civil rights and the right to own property unless they denounced the Pope. Presbyterians and Quakers had an ongoing rivalry. And members of the United Church of Christ thought everyone else was a heathen--especially Baptists and Quakers.

Its safe to say that there was more than a bit of healthy friction between all of the Christian sects. Members finger-pointed and called each other immoral, illogical, and harbingers for the downfall of the New World.

But they weren't, really, and the differences between each sect pretty much boiled down to historical references and semantics. We can look back now and lump them all together under a Christian umbrella, but back then, there were even sects of Baptists that wouldn't stand in the same room as one another.

It was in that environment, the Founding Fathers institutionalized religious freedom and separated church and state. This doesn't mean that they were institutionalizing Godlessness either. It meant that religion is a personal freedom not meant to be institutionalized.

Does this always work? Obviously not. With the United States being so overwhelmingly Christian, religion has infiltrated places where it shouldn't be. Public schools, courtrooms, faith-based laws--this needs to be corrected from time to time.

To say that these corrections are somehow forcing Christians to be unable to practice their religion is a joke. No one is forcing Christians to engage in immoral behavior. Perhaps Christians should focus less on preserving statues of the Ten Commandments and the evils of evolution and look into the reasons why the American Christian majority isn't doing so well... perhaps examining poverty, factory closings, and loss of jobs would be a good place to start....

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You have voted lmgnyc for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

It is true that many Christian people don't even really follow their religon at all. Instead of helping out poor people and people suffereing through crisis, there are churches out there that concentrate on stupid things that people do like highschoolers having sex, gay marrage, bla Bla BLA!

Whatever happened to What Would Jesus Do? He welcomed sinners, basically gave up everything he owned, worked miracles for those less fortunate, and worked in the service of his abba.

Why can't most people pick up a bible, read it, and actually do what it tells them to?? Instead, they bring religon into politics, screwing everything up.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
www.evilbible.com...

Anyone with a brain will love this site.

Any christians/republicans will want this woman publicly executed for treason.

"In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered."

[edit on 2-6-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
She left out my favorite. From the KJV

Deuteronomy 32:39 - and there is no god
1 Kings 8:23 - there is no God
2 Kings 1:16 - there is no God
2 Kings 5:15 - there is no God
2 Chronicles 6:14 - there is no God
Psalms 14:1 - There is no God.
Psalms 53:1 - There is no God.
Isaiah 44:6 - there is no God.
Isaiah 44:8 - there is no God
Isaiah 45:5 - there is no God

Maranatha

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well James, that is the beauty of the bible it fit one sizes fit all, you can use it anyway you want to serve your personal agenda in the name of a higher purpose.

Kill thee enemies to spread the word of the lord.

At the same time, you can comeback and preach "You should not kill"

You can find in the bible many verses and all of them have many meanings depending of what you are trying to achieve.

Since Christianity was born the bible and religion has become the perfect tool for power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join