It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show me the proof, we are all brain washed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Im a catholic, but there are more things in this world that i can see and have been proven, than religion, is there proof that there is a god NO!!!!!!!!!! is there proof of et's NO!!! but i have to say that there is more evedence to support the theory than one might think, acient cultures for one belived in GODS from the stars, i mean cmon you really think that they cut the stones for the prymids and moved them some 200 miles some of which weigh 100 or more tons, just like the people who think that acient civilations dint have contact with each other, pshhhh give me a break, they found egyptian paintings in a cave in aussy land, and supposed egyptian tomb im the grand canyon, i mean are we really dumb to belive that there is no connection, just like the movie stargate, did you know that was based on a myan hirogliph, the acients make constant refernce to the stars so why do we keep beliving that we are from this planet, i belive in a real stargate, and i belive that this profit yawee or how ever its spelled is on to something, eather that or he is insane

we have all forgot where we come from religon is just a farce to cover our eyes to the truth, sure there might be a god, but whos to say he isnt an ET

with all the ufo's sightings abductions, predictions AKA the myan prediction, i belive that something big is about to transpire

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Um.. not sure what your trying to say.
You may get some more people beliving you though, if you made sense.

What you wrote was a bunch of jumbled stuff about gods and stargate.

Take is easy, Okay?

These kind of posts appear so often on this site, from what I have seen.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

These kind of posts appear so often on this site, from what I have seen.

Quite true, good reply though Ksnazdnzon.

So please, semperfi221, try again, slowly. Usually we try to limit each Thread to one particular point or idea, and then talk about it. So just saying 'I believe that some UFOs are alien craft' is enough to start a verbal battle around here, a fairly polite dialogue usually though.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
what i was saying lol is that religion is a farce yea there might be a god but whos to say what that god is.
i belive that the acients knew of this being and were also capable to travel through a gate of some kind.
there was a hirogliph that depected a star gate thats where they creators of the movie got the idea for the show.
it has also been proven that the egyptians were well traveled in this world so that being said i think that the acients new far more about the universe than we do,
Also i think we have forgotten over the years who we really are and where we come from and religion is a means of this brain washing

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Interesting points. Maybe there are stargates? Certainly would be an exciting find.

I think there is a lot that has been forgotten about the past. I do believe that some of us have rediscovered that past or at least parts of it.

Asking questions is a good thing. This how we discover and learn.

Troy

[edit on 1-6-2005 by cybertroy]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Interesting post.

I am intrigued that you say you are of Catholic faith and then go on to open your mind to the possibility that god is an ET ...

I am under the impression that the Catholics will very soon embrace a new found 'space brother' ... Opening the doors for "in place of Christ" to reign...

Your post is a bitter-sweet sight for sore eyes ....

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfi221
i think we have forgotten over the years who we really are and where we come from and religion is a means of this brain washing

This sentence above.......is something I completely agree with.

Think though, about your stargate idea.......maybe the ancients had a form of flight??? no need for a stargate if a kewl flying craft can take you wherever you wish, no? We of THIS time, have 'discovered' flight...who is to say that this is NOT something old hat to the human race? There are 'hints' that would say otherwise. Plus, YOUR stargate theory is being based on travel proofs on THIS planet, and that in no way suggests intersteller travel.
MAYBE......the interplanetary friends of ancient cultures would give them rides to distant places, in order to awe them? Maybe THIS is how the Egyptians of old seemingly left traces on various continents?

(I am NOT saying the entire stargate idea is yours.....I am just toying with ideas that ARE yours)

[edit on 2-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am not sure farce is quite right, organized religion has been a powerful force for all of recorded history. As our thinking has evolved, as our view of the Universe expanded, as we learned, so has our need grown for better stories.

Stargates, possible but I have seen nothing on them outside of SG1, and traditional SF stories. It has always seemed obvious to me that at various times Aliens have walked the Earth as gods. Those of the land of the Nile did seem influenced by such beings. The influence traces are so strong I believe they point to actual living people.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

i belive in a real stargate, and i belive that this profit yawee or how ever its spelled is on to something, eather that or he is insane

Yowsa. Why do you believe in a real stargate? Just from an ancient drawing? Are you of the opinion that ancient men had no creative abilities and just sat around saying "ooga ooga"? You watch shows depicting stargates, fantastic sci-fi from numerous authors, yet presume that such creativity never existed until recently?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
No it's just my opinion, there is no proof, but whos to say that there couldent be, the us airforce loves that show, and so do i but im not saying its real just a possibility there are many weird things that we dont know about

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Teleportation is certainly a possibility to consider when you start talking about technology advancing. Energy can travel in all sorts of ways.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Stargate SG1 happens to be one of my all time favorite shows but it is just a show, based on a movie.

MGM developed the series based on the movie because they owned it, the guy(s) who wrote the movie were not disinformation agents.

The series idea was originally shopped to the major and minor networks, when they passed the people at MGM television retooled it for syndication. Originally slated to run on showtime (which I believe it did) SG1 was syndicated the first couple of seasons before finally landing on SCI-Fi, thank god. It's still syndicated as it was when it was on showtime, in the syndication business I believe it's call a double run.

SG1 is what's known as a canadian production, meaning that at least 90 percent of the above and below the line crew (that's everything from producers to actors writers directors and even sound people) are canadian citizens. This is down for tax reasons and to this day is still shot in canada with mostly canada crew. If you notice the high production values on SG1 it's obvious to see how the tax breaks augment the special effects budget.

The air force is a technical advisor on the show so that the look and feel of military (earthbound) activities are as realisitically as possible. Also considering how well the Air Force is portrayed on the show it's good PR for them and probably helps recruiting.

I know they're our neighbors and allies but if the tv series was based on even a shred of truth there is no way, and I can say with certainty no way that the United States air force would allow Canadian civilians to be involved with a disinformation or assimilation project based on what would end up being the greatest coverup in the history of the united states if not the world.

The government did not approach a writer and say "psst, hey buddy, wanna learn the greatest secret of all time and get paid WGA scale to do it? by the way we'll kill you if you screw up" There are easier ways to make money, trust me.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
For those of us who aren't Trekkies and don't watch channels like UPN, can you explain exactly what a Stargate is? Is it like a doorway to another part of the universe? I think I've barely seen one episode of Stargate, as I'm not into those kinds of programs. I remember them jumping into some "hole" that took them to another place/time. Is this what you're speaking of?

And where is this ancient evidence of a stargate? where is the cave drawing that the producers of the program got the idea from (not sure if it was said in this thread or another one that was just closed, but which directed me to this thread)??? Thanks for your help, Trekkies! You guys are truly the bravest for forgoing women and boldly holding on to your virginity so that you may inform us regular people with your SciFi knowledge! You are the REAL heroes!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

also i think we have forgotten over the years who we really are and where we come from and religion is a means of this brain washing

You are very close.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

said in this thread or another one that was just closed, but which directed me to this thread)??? Thanks for your help, Trekkies! You guys are truly the bravest for forgoing women and boldly holding on to your virginity so that you may inform us regular people with your SciFi knowledge! You are the REAL heroes!

Oh yeah, Rasputin now I really wanna help you. Aren't you taking your name from an insane syphilitic touchy feely monk?

Anyhoo, if you read my post right above yours I think that'll explain all you really need to know about stargate sg1.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Also i think we have forgotten over the years who we really are and where we come from and religion is a means of this brain washing

Maybe it is brainwash...and maybe it's only our beliefs. People have their own oppinion some of them very very strong. It's not like someone is going to stop believing in what they THINK is true just because someone else has a good point. That's not how people think!...But your theories could be a possability!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I worked in the military for about 8 years and i worked with NORAD EAST for a bit. I saw some cool things but no stargates. Not to say that there isn't some sort of device capable of transforming matter into an excited state and projecting it at the speed of light to another location. Its been done before at berkly. granted it was photons they used but they were able to do it. Think it was back in 1996 but not positive

-Aza

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azathoth
I worked in the military for about 8 years and i worked with NORAD EAST for a bit. I saw some cool things but no stargates. Not to say that there isn't some sort of device capable of transforming matter into an excited state and projecting it at the speed of light to another location. Its been done before at berkly. granted it was photons they used but they were able to do it. Think it was back in 1996 but not positive
-Aza

While you're on the subject of stargates, I had posted what I found to be an interesting read, whether fact or fiction, on 22-4-2005. It is an an edited transcripted conversation between Dan Burisch & Don Deppeller that allegedly took place on Nov 13, 2003. Here is the portion of the transcript:

Dan Burisch We (meaning the U.S.) must root out and find the stargates that are manmade. Yes, to access vast distances...and with that technology goes time access as well.

In 2012, the Sun will shower the earth with waves of energy, bound to the Einstein-Rosen Bridges that are clumped together at the Galactic equator. All of the natural stargates will turn on...and as they say in Hollywood... something wonderful will happen. What that means...I don't really know. But, if we do not capture and disable the manmade ones, the record books read that we will undergo a tragedy. 4 billion at minimum dead.

DonDep: Is one of the stargates in Iraq?

Dan Burisch Two. We have 1 of them.

DonDep: Why must we disable the manmade ones?

Dan Burisch The excess energy from the activated stargates was theorized by the folks from the future to have been a main cause of a pole shift, first magnetic, then geophysical.

DonDep: so how does the Ark and Planet X fit into this scenario?

Dan Burisch The Ark is being built in the United States. Where? I shouldn't say to you. It is the progenitor of the ones that go to the moon and Mars. The remaining peoples will comprise that group which will lead, through microevolution, to becoming J-Rods.

DonDep: I learned from good-hearted people close to you that you finished the project for the Ark back on Dec 4

Dan Burisch My portion is complete. Biospherics work mainly. But, the model is due at the end of 2004.

DonDep: And who becomes the Orion group? Not the elite, planning their escape this very moment?

Dan Burisch It is not just the elite, so to speak that will be going. People from every continent have been chosen. Because of J's work, many of the rich/power brokers have been excluded. They have been chosen from all fields of endeavor.

As for PX. Nancy Lieder is very correct that PX is "Out there." It is something very different than what she has interpreted though.

PX is the gateway to the center of our galaxy. It is tied with "something wonderful", but I don't know what that means. I believe, that William Henry is correct in that regard, more akin to an oval mass of energy that acts as a stargate. The DCTP, familiar with that concept?

DonDep: will it cause a pole shift in the very near future, as she claims?

Dan Burisch The electromagnetic pole shift is already underway. You can track that from geomagnetic observations of magnetic north.

DonDep: we are applying our collective consciousness to how we can have free will simultaneously with this time travel fact

Dan Burisch: The action of free will is a certainty, but the actions of the paradox seemlessly overlay reality upon it.

DonDep how can the future be established and we still have free will?

Dan Burisch overlays

DonDep: does that mean that there are alternate realities in which we've made different decisions?

Dan Burisch: That I don't know. We chose to act, and reality plays itself out as a stack of cards.

[edit on 21-6-2005 by evilution]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yes the planets are getting brighter, and the poles will shift eventually. will the supercontinent become one once again?As for stargates the technology doesn't sound it would be difficult to do. If we had about 300 more years i bet we could have one up and running. Remember we have to take "our" time in figuring out how to do this and test test test.

Posted this before but what the hey.

Teleport

nice little PDF

cheers

-Aza

[edit on 21-6-2005 by Azathoth]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ahh Rasputin? I was about 6 or so when Star Trek was first shown but I remember watching it and I have been a fan ever since. However, I have had girlfriends (sometimes more than one, think about that for a second) non-stop since I was 15. Careful of generalizations they can bite you in the butt.

I joke that my new wife is my 'upgraded girlfriend'.

Back to the topic at hand...

Maybe it is brainwash...and maybe it's only our beliefs. People have their own opinions some of them very very strong. It's not like someone is going to stop believing in what they THINK is true just because someone else has a good point. That's not how people think!...But your theories could be a possability

It is not easy to change, or control for that matter, minds but it is most certainly possible. Beliefs have to develop somehow so they can certainly change but it does take a lot more than a few good points.

I of course do not quite see religion as brain-washing because more often than not it is voluntary. People choose to believe what they do because to some degree or another it works for them.

The problem seems to be that a religion goes on forever, or almost, and there is no way for a religion to ever admit it's time has past. Instead what they do is make tiny changes to try and hold on to people's trust while still keeping their main goals alive.

We evolve, I know some people dispute that but I think the evidence is quite plain. President Lincoln was said to 'tower over all others' and he was just 6'4". Compared to the people of the time he was a giant but today he would just be 'a little on the tall side'. Our ideas evolve as well, we learn new things and they have to be mixed into what we have known in the past. Some things must be then discarded if life is to make any sense at all.

Dogma is the enemy, not religions. Intolerance is wrong, and inefficient for that matter. But when you have built up to a certain point following these 'wrong' ideas you cannot easily drop them and adapt.

I will at least listen to someone who says Gays are wrong when they come up with an argument that was NOT used against people of color. When America first freed the slaves they did not make it possible for them to marry. We fixed that, but for even a longer time mixed race marrages were illegal. Today some people still think racial mixes are wrong so we are not where we should be yet.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 6/21/05 by Alexander Tau]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join