It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus in an Ancient Order?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
A friend ran some info by me that I thought may or may not be of some discussion. He said jesus was of the Order of Melchizedek, who according to the Bible was a HIGH PRIEST of God. I did some research in the bible. (King James Version) and discovered a number of verses pertaining to this order, and stating that Jesus was a high preist in this order. Of course when I list the verses here i'll get all kinds of explanations. I'm not voicing a beleif of this , just doing research. Here are the verses:

Genesis 14:18
Psalms 110:4
Hebrews 5:, 5:10, 6:20
have more verses as well btu we'll discuss these...it's quite enough

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If you would like to find out more information on this I suggest you read the book "The Book of Hiram", it deals with this and other interesting facts. It is also prettty new I believe, I just finished it.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by maathotep
A friend ran some info by me that I thought may or may not be of some discussion. He said jesus was of the Order of Melchizedek, who according to the Bible was a HIGH PRIEST of God. I did some research in the bible. (King James Version) and discovered a number of verses pertaining to this order, and stating that Jesus was a high preist in this order. Of course when I list the verses here i'll get all kinds of explanations. I'm not voicing a beleif of this , just doing research. Here are the verses:

Genesis 14:18
Psalms 110:4
Hebrews 5:, 5:10, 6:20
have more verses as well btu we'll discuss these...it's quite enough

Genesis 14:17-20 says:

king of Sodom then met him to congratulate him after his return from defeating Kedarlaomer, and the kings who were with him at the Devil's valley. 18 Melkizedek, also, king of Salem, came out to them with wine; and he was a high preist of ALMIGHTY GOD. 19 And he gave them his blessing, and said: "ALMIGHTY GOD, Creator of Heaven and Earth, bless Abram; and you thank the Most High who gave your enemies into your hand."

Well OK so we have that Melkizedek was a high priest...

Now Psalm 110:

The LORD said to my prince
"Sit on my right hand,
Till I place your foes
As a stool for your feet."

The LORD sends your brave army from Zion;
Charge up to the breast of your foes!
Your forces are ready today,
Your army in beautiful pomp,
More than dew-drops that come from the breast of the Dawn!

Th LORD promised, and will never change,--
For ever will you be a Priest
Of the Order of Mek-i-Zedek!

The Almighty is on your right hand!
Who will crush, when in anger, the kings;
With Justice fill Nations' breasts.
Crush the head of Oppression on Earth.
He gives drink from the Brook on your march,
by which He will lift up your head!

And on to Hebrews 5:1-11:

1 For every high priest taken from among men is set up over men to attend the things of God, so that he may offer gifts and sacrifices for sins; 2 and be able to sympathize with the ignorant and erring, because he is himself surrounded with weakness: 3 and for that reason he ought to offer for his own sins, as well as for the people. 4 And not any one takes this honour to himself, unless called by God, even as Aaron was. 5 Thus also the Messiah did not Himself decree that he should become a High Priest; but instead, He Who said to Him: YOU ARE MY SON. TO-DAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU. 6 And as He says in another place: YOU ARE AN ETERNAL PRIEST, ACCORDING TO THE ORDER OF MELCKI-SEDEK. 7 Who in the days of His incarnation, having offered prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears, to Him able to save Him from death, and having been listened to because of his entreaty, 8 although indeed He was a son, He learnt obedience by what He suffered; 9 and having been perfected, He became the origin of eternal salvation to all who obey Him -- 10 having been publicly proclaimed under God a High Priest of the Order of Melchi-sedek; 11 of Whom we have to express much thought and difficult to explain, since you have become sluggish to the sounds.

Don't have time to comment right now, butI'll get back to it. *whew!* Spent what time I had transcribing that heheh. More later.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I always understood the decription to be a way to tell you what kind of high priest Jesus is/was. I think "order" here means caliber. Malchizidek was a dedicated priest who scarificed bread and wine, unlike the Hebrew priests who sacrificed animals. The connection to be made is that God favored Malchizidek as He did Jesus. Furthermore, it helps adds credance to the Last Supper and Calavary being the ultimate sacrifice, most pleasing to God as Malchizidek's was- minus the ultimate part. The phrase then is used a lot to support the idea of transubstantiation and is directly used in a Eucharistic prayer of the Mass.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

*SNIPITY-DO-DA*

Don't have time to comment right now, butI'll get back to it. *whew!* Spent what time I had transcribing that heheh. More later.

heh umm you could've copied and pasted from www.bible.com
(sorry but I couldn't resist)

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hotep maathotep

You may be interested in the following thread regarding Yeshua Hamashiah: Jesus a Freemason???

I dropped some relevant info there.

This book also looks interesting:

Speaking of which; I've asked you awhile back in another thread, if you've done the Knowledge on the works of Muata Ashby or Ra Un Nefer Amen.

Perhaps you missed that?

And here's some info I dug up on Melchisedek:

Melchisedec

"Melchisedec is the planetary Genie of the Earth, of whom Jesus, the Great Kabir, gave testimony. Melchisedec is the Great Receiver of the Cosmic Light. Melchisedec has a physical body. He is a Man, or better if we say, he is a Super-Man. The Kingdom of Agharti is found in the subterranean caverns of the Earth. The Earth is hollow and the network of caverns constitute Agharti. The Genie of the Earth lives in Agharti with a group of survivors from Lemuria and Atlantis. The Goros, powerful Lords of life and death, work with Melchisedec. The whole ancient Wisdom of the centuries has been recorded on Stone, within the Kingdom of Agharti." - The Pistis Sophia Unveiled

This^^^ is probably related to the 24 Elders/Scientists...

The Didactic for the Dissolution of the "I"

We need to take possession of ourselves if we want to be Kings and Priests of Nature according to the Order of Melchizedek. We cannot take possession of ourselves while the Consciousness is still bottled up within the different undesirable elements of the psyche.

The Consciousness that has taken possession of itself is a free Consciousness. A Consciousness that has taken possession of itself is admitted in the order of Melchizedek; it is an illuminated and perfect Consciousness. This is what we need.

Gnostic Kabbalah 1: Atziluth

...Consider the planet Earth. Where did the life of this planet come from? Through meditation you can go into the heart of the planet. There is a Temple in the world of Atziluth. The creator of this planet is Kether, but not yours or mine. It is the Kether of an Ain Soph that Self-realized in the past Cosmic Days. The Name of that God is Melchisedec (Sorochotorah Melchisedec).

We live in the planetary body of Sorochotorah Melchisedec, the Planet Earth is his body. He allows other Monads to be here.

Elohim means Gods and Goddesses; they are Ancient Initiates who were in contact with the creators of other planetary bodies.

The Cosmocreators not only govern a planet, but have influence in the whole solar system.

This is Monistic Polytheism, it is Polytheism within Monotheism. But all the Elohim, Gods and Goddesses, come from one source, the Ain Soph...

Gnostic Kabbalah 4: Assiah

...Malkuth in the Four Worlds:

Name of God = Adonai (Melech), Lord of the Earth, in Atziluth.

Melchisedec related to Briah.

Ischim related to Yetzirah.

Physical planets related to Assiah...

PEACE

[edit on 31-5-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golfie
heh umm you could've copied and pasted from www.bible.com
(sorry but I couldn't resist)

Yeah but I like my trusty Ferrar Fenton version. It's so much easier for me to read and understand; not so much archaic language. It is arranged differently than the KJV, though.

[edit on 5/31/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Spent what time I had transcribing that heheh

You typed it out from your bible? You might like this site
www.biblegateway.com...

It allows you to search for chapter and verse in various bibles, like the KJV, NIV, and a hell of a lot more. Also will have links to elaborate on some stuff.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Melchesidec, had no known desindants. In other words similar to Melchesidec does not imply old english " after the order" means similar. Christ had a known mother of the liniage of King David, and Abraham etc. The angels in the old testament brought the order of God to man. The jews latter were given up by God to worship the host of heaven. Latter they were assymilated into Asyrian and Babylonian worship. The prophet of old were all serving the true God who gave life to all creation. So this also aplies to Jesus Christ who is the first Born Human son of God. For God originaly made man Higher than angels and angels were to minister to man. After the fall came the first promise to man through angels. Through your seed shall all the nations of the world be blessed. And through a woman you will stomp with the heal the head of the serpant. This 1 seed is not many but 1. Jesus Christ whom God made controller and The chosen one. He completed all prophesy conserning him. Like All who proffess that Jesus is Lord to the Glory of God and that GOD raised him from the dead shall be saved. Christ had no earthly father. There for similar to Melchesidec who's geneology is not recorded for us. It just proves that Melchesidec came before the order of Priests of God called Levites. Like Jesus was not a levite, But the Highest Priest Ever in the earth and Heaven For all the Human race at the command of GOD the unseen spirit, who was His Father and our Father His God and Ours. Jesus was of the liniage of Juda not levi. So while on earth he was not offering sacrifice. But God separated his spirit from Jesus's spirit on the cross, who had never sinned against God his father or mankind. Therefor God gave him the highest position ever. To sit in God's seat untill Christ makes all enemies to God beneith him were he will give back this athority when God the unseen spirit makes a new heaven and new earth. LOOK UP and thank God that he made Christ both Lord and Christ. If this were never so we would still be subjects to the fallen order of man and fallen angels. Christ blood and life lead the way to heaven first. For God made him such.

new topics

top topics

join