It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophet Yahweh and JG Ballard... (the hoax explained?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So, I've seen the video, and this guy stands in a park in a city underneath some major military and commercial air traffic routes, and "summons" UFO's.

Now, there is a short story by J. G. Ballard ("Emperor of the Sun", "Crash", etc.) contained in his book of short stories "The Terminal Beach". (I forget the actual name of the specific story.) In that story, an explorer in the amazon rainforest comes across a white man worshipped as a god or prophet by the natives around him because he has the power to "summon" spirits from the sky.

These explorers, not convinced, secretly search the "prophets" personal belongings and find an alamanac detailing projected satellite times for the whole region. The "Prophet" was merely waiting for the correct times a satellite would be visible in the night sky and taking his followers out to the area the alamanac indicated and uttering some nonsense.

Now, what exactly is stopping this "Prophet Yahweh" from getting a hold of such a book, or even simpler, a flight schedule for Las Vegas airport, identifying a particular frequent route where the airplane flies at an altitude high enough to make it look like a sliver of light as it reflects the sun? If the flights were frequent enough, which they easily could be, it wouldn't be too hard to make it look like you were "summoning" them on demand.

-koji K.

[edit on 31-5-2005 by koji_K]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Unless the ABC news team was in on it... I would have to say he was going on a long shot with that one, because the news guy said himself they picked the location and time...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Unless the ABC news team was in on it... I would have to say he was going on a long shot with that one, because the news guy said himself they picked the location and time...

It's irrelevant. From that altitude, a plane high enough to just reflect a glint of sunlight could be seen from anywhere in vegas. As for the time, like I said, there are dozens of flights per hour going into and out of vegas. The chances some of them are at an appropriate altitude are probably pretty good.

-koji K.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In my opinion, if a plane is going to land or take off from the Vegas airstrip and you were in Las Vegas...it would be low enough for someone to tell that its a plane and not a glowing ball, whether the light is reflecting off of it or not. It would have to be much higher.

Now if it is an air route that goes over Vegas, it might be traveling at a high enough altitude for this to happen, but the chances are slim, so I don't think its case here.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Copied this from my thread just for those who believe it is a hoax and only read the hoax threads.

Thanks.

Could this be the hoax?

Here was a thought I had.
This maybe the way the hoax can be achieved.

Maybe he has gotten together with someone who has taken the guts out from a cell phone modified the antenna and has the unit inserted into a large balloon. Then they have the brain of one of those voice controlled toys that you can command to go, stop, play music, and reverse and one of the toy motors and rubber wheel of the voice command toy to cause a hamster in a wheel effect within the balloon.
The cellular telephone signal would surely work for as far as the eye or any decent camera can see.
So it would be just like if I was talking cell to cell or an open end Nextel walkie. Could even do it from another state. :LOL:
And if he's smart and uses a solar panel you could even talk it back in without discharging the battery.
In total the balloon would need to lift about 2 pounds and thats on the heavy end with batteries and all the bells and whitsles.

Why do I think this.
Because in one of the videos I saw his viewers telling him to make it stop or to go to the left or go to the right.

This is also a device that I believe I am capable of building and will start this week as soon as time permits.
My grandson is gonna hate me for taking apart his voice command Hummer.

Hey maybe even a valve to release the air when finished. And by the way the Nextel phones are GPS capable so it wouldn't be hard to find the landed balloon.
And I just so happen to have an old i60 thats still active. This will work well with my i730

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Thanks Lanotom!

Good possibility. You could even get some pre-made components for the system, for example these look like they could be adapted for high altitude with the right skills:

cheapnovelty.com...

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks Prophet Yahweh is personally too genuinely crazy and unsophisticated to conceive of or successfully implement such a hoax?

Assuming he is a hoaxer, I see him as being more of a puppet than a mastermind.

top topics

join