It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Blair Cracking Down on British 'Hoodies'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
£18billion? My god

I thought it was £6billion and I thought that was outrageous. Especially when the major reason the government is pushing for these cards are for their money saving characteristics! Im sure as hell they wont save £18billion worth of social security fraud.

I.D cards are purely a tool to limit our freedom of movement.

dh

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yes - the actual cost of ID cards will be £300 at present reckoning - hopefully the public will bring it down - much as the British did with the poll tax, much as the French did with the EU constitution
There are reasons to be cheerful, as long as people get the bigger picture
And that's without much more government terrorism

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Man, I'm on www.amichavornot.com... Lol... What's with all the plaid hats?

I need to get this word and its synonyms jump started on this side of the pond.

EDIT Now I'm on eBay looking for Burberry Nova Checks... LOOK OUT, TEXAS, I'M STARTING A FAD!!

EDIT

If a chav should find himself without a vehicle or dog of this sort, the aquisition of such will likely be a central focus for him.
The act of adding superfluous and cosmetic modifications to something is known as chavving up (or shamming up in Ireland), and is particularly relevant if the modifications actually decrease performance.

God, I love the British.

Zip

[edit on 5/31/2005 by Zipdot]

[edit on 5/31/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Seems like chavness has found a new fan! Your making me laugh Zip with your new found interest in all that is chavtastic!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Anyone here seen the movie "Equilibrium" If not I suggest you see it, as the current situation in the world is turning out to be exactly what the movie suggests.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Anyone here seen the movie "Equilibrium" If not I suggest you see it, as the current situation in the world is turning out to be exactly what the movie suggests.

Nice.....Where do we sign up to be a Gramaton Cleric? I want to fight like them.....

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Here's a hilarious 'chav' site. My towns in there, and Woolwich is the European capital of single mothers and do you know what a Croydon facelift is yet????

www.chavtowns.co.uk...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Nice.....Where do we sign up to be a Gramaton Cleric? I want to fight like them.....

I am a Gramaton Cleric... and you are a sense offender!!! You will be processed.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Here's a hilarious 'chav' site. My towns in there, and Woolwich is the European capital of single mothers and do you know what a Croydon facelift is yet????

Is that the same as a Council House facelift? ie: Hair pulled back as tight as poss in a bun, with lashings of hairspray and gel to keep it in place?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Look like I can't wear my Obi-Wan brown cloak/hood around in London someday.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

the kids that do that wear hoodies would still do the crimes if they were wearing pink skirts and stockings, because they are twats.

Oh, for the non-Brits who don't know of chavs, here you go:

Wikipedia on Chavs...the mosted hated of all tosspots

Haha I second that motion, they always go around in their little group of about 500 looking to 'start' on someone half their age. PATHETIC.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Here are my 2 Cent....

I live in the UK and read these stories every day of where authorities and the government take draconian measures hoping that will prevent future incidences and make the problem go away. You want to know what I think about that???? Read my mind.

Something about the British youth we all should consider before judging them as the
bad-kids on the block, or future criminals how the press described them. After the Youth leave school at the age of 15-16 the don’t have anymore fare passes for busses to affordable rates, neither there are Youth Center or other places where they can go and hang out, where social workers looking after them and guide the Kids a little to find there way… nope there is in fact nothing except the streets, shopping center and Entertainment Center.

Every Country has got the same problem and many faced it a long time ago and thought it through to a solution. like building institutions for the Youth to go to. I myself went to those places to hang out after school when I was over a decade in the same age. So tell me why not finding a solution for the Kids and guide time in there future a little rather than denying them.

And a personal though…. I would feel very discriminated in my sense of fashion if someone tell me I can’t enter there Shopping Mall the way I am dressed… I would simply not go there any more.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
He better not start graspin' at straws else he's gonna have a hell of a battle (not physically) with the country. He WILL NOT be able to stop the X generation, this my friends is the generation that just don't give a F**k. As Eminem so elegantly puts it "The black hoody movement" will be upon us.

OH and BTW not ALL of us that wear hoodies are "chavs", "G's", "Rudeboys", "Gangstas" etc. etc.

Bring on the bans and see what happens, go on I dare em'!! I'm sure there are alot more people who wear hoodies than there are law enforcment so how does he enforce such a stupid policy. This is why you shouldn't take up politics as a career move the bankers have got him by the balls and are only getting tighter.

``Because you've got a hoodie on, people pull their bag closer, they take a few steps away,'' said Goonda Hassan, 21. ``They think everybody who wears a hoodie is a thief.''

This is wrong but then again there have been theives all through the centuries unfortunatly the powerful ones cannot be touched these are your REAL criminals and theives the sooner you realise it, the sooner we all have a better life! The World Central Bank: The Bank for International Settlements

Blair has been highlighting the issue of boorish behavior for years. In 1998, he pushed through legislation empowering courts to ban any number of anti-social activities, including shouting, swearing, spray-painting, playing loud music or simply associating with the wrong people.

Yep good 'ol ASBO's. What a frecking joke how can a bloke that argues all day with fellow MPs lay down a law that says you cannot swear, shout, spray paint (look at N. Ireland), play loud music and associate with the wrong people when he himself is a WAR CRIMINAL and his bandwagon buddy bush! Dropping Depleted Uranium on poor children and his OWN troops it makes me f**king sick!

As I said before Its the X Generation and NOTHING will stop them.

Side Note:
Its gonna be interesting to see how they contain the 1 million+ people who arer gonna march on the eve of the G8 meeting. I wonder how many people will be wearing hoodies.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
What an intersting collection of replies which are almost entirely misquotes and twisted conclusions:

* Tony Blair is NOT making hooded tops illegal.
* The shopping centre in question has a problem with theft from gangs of youths dressed in hooded tops masking their identity from the security cameras..........what would you do ?
* The costs of the ID cards being bandied about at the moment are estimates made by a group of economists who don't have access to the implementation details (and people assume they are correct ...DUH!). These same economists have for the last 8 years, after every budget , stated that Gordon Brown has got his estimates wrong. A year later they were proved wrong and Gordon Brown correct....who would you believe ?
* ID cards will not be compulsary to carry.
* There is a problem with youth crime and intimidation by gangs who invariably dress themselves with hooded tops, Burberry caps and trainers. Where are the parents ?
* Crime in total is going down in Britain but certain classifications of crime is going up, hence the focus of attention.
* The Home office recently told the Police that physical abuse on children and attacks on police should be re-classified and thus the sub-classification of crimes against the individual went up ! (DUH!)

A slight aside here on ID cards. People are getting very uptight about a database with their details......and you don't think the security service already have such things ? You don't think the police have access to your bank details which records where you were and how much you spent? How about the database on road cameras with you car number plate photographed/video'd hance where you were and when ? The books from the library which use bar code scanners to record who borrowed what and when ? The internet transactions held on your ISP's database etc. etc.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I seen it and as for the sense offending sounds a bit like whats going on now when you try to question authority.
If your serious you could give Aikido a try:
www.aikidofaq.com... It's so good its weird plus it helps physically, mentally and emotionally. (sorry for going off subject.)

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Unfortunately it's not the clothes that cause the yob culture that this country seems plagued with. It all boils down to a simple lack of respect for other people, and it appears the source of this is a lack of discipline in homes and schools.

I can't even take a quiet wander to my local without running the gauntlet of swearing, spitting and abusive "children" who's sole form of entertainment appears to be vandalism (from which even trees fall victim) and intimidating people.

All in all this appears to be a problem that will eventually die out when it ceases to be "chic", most people seem to eventually grow out of it anyway. I don't want to sound old fashioned but I really do think that home and school is where people should be taught respect, not what they should and should not wear.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
If your serious you could give Aikido a try:
www.aikidofaq.com... It's so good its weird plus it helps physically, mentally and emotionally. (sorry for going off subject.)

My dad is a 3rd dan black belt in Takemusu Aikido. I did it for a while a few years back and got to 3rd Kyu

Banning Hoodies is merely a bandaid solution. Something is wrong with some kids and its been happening for atleast 20 years. Take Yorkshire today for example, 4 kids have been arrested for attempted murder of a 5 year old boy! The kids were 11 and 12 years old. What the hell is wrong with these kids? Hoodies? no! Society? yes!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
My dad is a 3rd dan black belt in Takemusu Aikido. I did it for a while a few years back and got to 3rd Kyu

Cool, I'm only just getting into it, Its weird how well it works. And how good it makes you feel.

Banning Hoodies is merely a bandaid solution. Something is wrong with some kids and its been happening for atleast 20 years. Take Yorkshire today for example, 4 kids have been arrested for attempted murder of a 5 year old boy! The kids were 11 and 12 years old. What the hell is wrong with these kids? Hoodies? no! Society? yes!

All I have to say is: Fake Television. Reality Television. Competition Television.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Aikido is probably the best overall martial arts I know of. Using other peoples force against them whilst using minimal force yourself is brilliant. Being able to throw some one 6 feet in the air with the circular movement of your arm is awesome.

Good to hear your enjoying Aikido, keep with it. I wish i did

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Another idiotic effort to control crime by limiting legitimate possessions.

"If we eliminate Hoodie sales.. only the criminals will have hoodies!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join