It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a crazy idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I am new to this site (signed on in January) and I have been gone for a while since then (don't ask). If this idea has already been proposed, please forgive me but this site is HUGE and it's hard to keep up with all the postings. This site boasts (and with good cause) being one of the biggest discussion boards in, like, the universe. With all the obvious success the site creators and the board have had with it, I would suggest an annual festival/get-together/conference/party type thing for all the members to be able to hang out and meet each other. Make it like Las Vegas every Fourth of July or something and I think it would be cool. We could call it, "ATSUC"..........................................AboveTopSecretUnCovered. Just a thought. Of course, those of you with current jobs in the Pentagon could use your "alternate" ID.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I like that idea! I'm not sure if it's taken though.
Go Mods!? Who are the Mods?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

DucKid
Go Mods!? Who are the Mods?

This list is taken from the forum index (left hand side, toward the bottom of the page) - www.abovetopsecret.com...
Owner, Operator: SimonGray
Administrator: William One Sac
Backup Admin: Bob88
IT Dir.: SkepticOverlord
Biz Consultant: Springer

Super Moderators:
alien
asala
Byrd
John bull 1
Kano
Netchicken
RANT
TheBandit795
Thomas Crowne
ZeddicusZulZorander

Moderators:
ADVISOR
Amorymeltzer
Amuk
astrocreep
cassini
cmdrkeenkid
dbates
Djarums
DJDOHBOY
DontTreadOnMe
Gazrok
Gools
intrepid
JAK
kinglizard
Nygdan
observer
pantha
Phoenix
ProudAmerican
Quicksilver
Seekerof
UM_Gazz
worldwatcher

But, yeah - There's been talk of an official meetin....Just hasn't happened quite yet

We have had a few successful small scale meetings occur though - Just none I've been to

I'll see if I can find those links for ya

Edit:
Okay - Here's a few I was able to compile - Some that happened and some that haven't...Check it out....

Great Lakes ATS Adventure!

ATS Adventure in Michigan is complete

ATS Rockin' the Great Lakes II

ATS CONVENTION!!!

ATS Convention 2005???

ATS Convention 2004

[edit on 5/31/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm not talking about a few guys/gals gettin' together for some hot dogs. I mean a HUGE, ten thousand people strong cavalcade of uncertain, government questioning, politician hating, internet digging, common sense having, life loving, beer drinking son-a-guns ever to come together in one place for a few days!

If you think it's a good idea, but you guys in the "upper office" are too busy to organize it, I will volunteer my services to put it together.

I'm serious, people. A huge party somewhere about one year from now consisting of all you regular people out there. What do ya think?

Hey, at the very least, you could find out who the real "scholars" and "masters" are and you would be able to identify the phonies by those who don't show up. (Like about 60% of all the people on discussion boards who can't leave the house because mommy won't let them out after ten!!!) lol! lol! ****Baby surfers need not apply...................................

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueknight
I'm not talking about a few guys/gals gettin' together for some hot dogs. I mean a HUGE, ten thousand people strong cavalcade of uncertain, government questioning, politician hating, internet digging, common sense having, life loving, beer drinking son-a-guns ever to come together in one place for a few days!

Well....Perhaps you didn't check out all of the links I provided....

To be more specific....This one:
ATS CONVENTION!!!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I did, in fact, see your info. But I was just curious because firstly, you are in Florida, so why would you want to go to Amsterdam, NYC, or London? Seems like a huge environmental sacrifice.

Secondly, it seems that your idea was posted almost two years ago. I guess if they didn't care about your idea then they wouldn't care about mine now. Thanks for listening anyway!.............................

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
For some reason I'm in an unusually grumpy mood today - Sorry for my frankness earlier...

That thread wasn't started by me...It was circulating around a month or so after I joined here at ATS - In the whole 8 pages, many different ideas were floated about

I believe somewhere in there I suggested the idea that we have three central locations in the US where we have a large-scale meeting with conferences and then many other locations with a live video-feed...

Location is the toughest thing for everyone to agree on though....Most of our regular members are in the US, the UK and Australia....So a central location is kind of fubar....

I agree - It would be fun, but unfortunately the only conferences I can attend right now are the ones my job pays me to go to

top topics

join