It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athiests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by yermom
prolly cause, well... all aitheist I no when I ask them why they like to belive theirs no God, its cause they dont like the idea theres one dictator of all, they want to make their own choices and be their own God, they dont want to answer to someone for their wrong doings

Actually.. I have met NO atheists that are atheists for this reason.. I am one because I desire discovering fact over 'truth'.. avoiding punnishment has nothing to do with it.. in fact it makes me accountable straight away. If I do something wrong I won't wait till just before I die to atone for it.. and when I do the 'right' thing [which is just in my nature
] ..I don't do it just so I can get some supernatural reward.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by riley]

You know, Riley makes an excellent point. Christians are so hypocritical and self righteous, that they don't understand there own horrible logic.

Example, christian mindset:
I was born, made to sin. If I do "sin", I was bad...but I was born predisposed to doing it. Its really not my fault, its that bastard adam's fault when he hooked up with eve, damn them. They are the original sin, and its them that made me sin because sin wouldn't exist without them according to the very words of my bible. There fault not mine. However, to even further escape my personal responsibility from my "sins", I can just ask god to forgive me, and it all goes away. Even if I ask god to forgive me the day I die, its ok. I am weak, sin is so hard to resist, dont balme me. God even forgives me."

Typical athiest, or agnostic mindset:
"when I do something that harms another, it is wrong. I feel guilty because I know it is wrong. I don't wish to hurt others, because this is quite possibly the only life I will ever see. With that being said, making others hurt, actually makes me hurt. I don't want anyone to suffer through this life, this single and final life, being that it is the only existence they may know. This includes myself. I don't do harmful things, because I CARE ABOUT OTHERS."

Please note that the athiest, or agnostic, does not act good due to fear or persuasion as a christian does. They act good because they want to. They act good because they know that they are accountable for their own actions. Athiests and agnostics in no way run away from things of this nature, rather they take them head on. Which is the EXACT OPPOSITE as what a christian does.

Who is more moraly sound, someone who does something out of fear, or someone who does something from their heart because they want to?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I dont do good things out of fear and when I do bad things I do ask for forgiveness from God but I still have the guilt that I did something wrong and atone for it personally. I dont fear so I do good things I do good things because 1)I would like others to do good things to me and 2) I want to be a nice person and do nice things just because I only want to be nice. And Seapeople I never meant to say you were a bad person or even necessarily a Satanic worshiper, though if you are its not my business. I am sorry if I took that first post as an attack but thats what it seemed like at the time. But I'm not sorry for replying to what I saw as an attack on me. I'm sure you can be a good person and I never said any different. Know I can understand, through you pointing out, the first post of yours. And I have read secular science books and I'm constantly getting in trouble for pointing out falseness in the Bible. I look for ways to prove it and most of the times there isn't and I admit that. But I still believe in God and I always will until I die and find out either he's not real or that he is.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You should take the time to talk to me sometime, and find out where I stand. You should try to understand why I am so bitter.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If you want to talk we can talk just u2u me. I'm sure it will be interesting and informative

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Dont evan try 9890, Seapeople hates religion, especially christians.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'll talk with him and if he gets to much on his nerves or to hateful I just won't talk to him but I don't think it will come to that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by 9890]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I was raised in a Baptist church. I was treated horribly by some good "Christian" people. When I was old enough to leave home, I turned my back on God and church. I won’t go into detail about what happened to me but the bottom line was I wanted nothing to do with this god that these people used to justify their actions.

Many years later, I had a spiritual epiphany and accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior. I still don't believe in religion. I think that is mankind’s attempt to reach God. God reached down to me. I think that without that spiritual awakening, it would have been impossible for me to have a relationship with my Creator.

So to answer the OP's question, maybe some people have not had or been willing to accept a spiritual awakening from God. They are not bad people as I was taught. They are just people who believe differently. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The bible supports slavery. Advises you on how to get more slaves.
Saudi Arabia had slavery till the 50s so i guess the Koran does likewise.

Ill take my heartfelt athiest secular humanism over any genocidal, hypocritical religion any day. And guess what, i will be the more moral one because of it.

Only Cynical people who need an outside crutch to stay on track need some religion.

If your God is the way its protrayed, your God is evil and despicable.

Most religions are just social support groups for bigotry.
There is very little that is uplifting or enlightening about them.
Only desperate people turn to them.

The essence of truth and beauty is all around us and nameless. It is complete. Silent and beautiful. It doesn't need prostration.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Koran's not my religion and my bible does not state how to get more slaves. It always talks about God bringing his people out of slavery by Egyptians I searched and nowhere does it say "If yo udo this I will get you more slaves" or "Go to this place at this time and you will see 50 free slaves for you to have". If you can find a passage with something like that ok then fine post it here let everyone see it.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
"Christians are losers." -Ted Turner

"...It would be more consistent that we call [the Bible] the work of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind."
-Thomas Paine

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheApocalypse
"Christians are losers." -Ted Turner

"...It would be more consistent that we call [the Bible] the work of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind."
-Thomas Paine

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Ted turner is a loser and like the rest of us, He is going to Die !!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the point is where is his Soul going after death, Over the years he has Curse God, Curse Christins and Curse the Bible anything that else relates to the Church...

As far as you calling the Bible the book Demons, You are the one that is calling, Good Evil and I an not that Stupid But I hope when your time is up that you can remember some of Gods word here and have a minute to ask for Mercy and then you can raise you head and say that you have found the Truth !!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join