It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

freedom fighters or terrorest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
give me your opnions:
Abu Sayyaf GroupPhilippines, Real IRA Northern Ireland
Al-Gamaa al-Islamiyya Egypt , Red Army Faction Germany
Al-Qaida Afghanistan, Red Brigades Italy
Hamas Palestinian , Hizb-ul Mujehideen Pakistan
Hizballah Lebanon, ETA spain
Irish Republican Army Northern Ireland , Armata Corsa France
Jihad Group Egypt ,
Kach and Kahane Chai Israel,
Loyalist Volunteer Force Northern Ireland,
Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization Iran,
Basque Homeland and Freedom Spain ,

[edit on 30-5-2005 by finnman68]

[edit on 30-5-2005 by finnman68]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
those words are synonymous. The view is subjective. They will all claim to be freedom fighters, no one thinks their own intentions are evil or wrong, they feel that they have to resort to violence to get their way. Whether it be racial, religious or social liberation.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Their intentions are not evil or wrong?....

So killing their own population is not evil or wrong?

Puting bombs which are meant to kill civilians is not evil or wrong?....

WTF?...

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
There are some things in this world that are wrong. They do noy have to be written or said to be wrong by any book or governement, they are just
wrong.

And targeting innocent civilians is one of them things that are wrong and evil. Anyone who says otherwise is not right in the head.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
what is the connection here?..that all mentioned groups have all killed innocent people
i think that the word freedom fighter is used too much today
i think that ghandi was a freedom fighter
i think that christ was a freedom fighter(all be 1 that had a little help from above).
i think the suffragettes were freedom fighters.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by finnman68

Kach and Kahane Chai Israel,

In August 1985, the Knesset passed an amendment to the Basic Law: The Knesset, in accordance with the High Court's comment in the Kach case. The amendment added incitemnet to racism as grounds for barring a party from participating in elections. The law now states as follows:

'A candidates' list shall not participate in elections to the Knesset if its objects or actions, expressly or by implication, include one of the following:

1) negation of the existence of the State of Israel as the state of the Jewish people
2) negation of the democratic character of the State
3) incitement to racism.'

Accordingly, in 1988, prior to the elections to the 12th Knesset, the Central Elections Committee disqualified the Kach list, basing its decision on the above amendment.

Kach and Kahane Chai were declared to be terrorist organizations in March 1994 by the Israeli Cabinet under the 1948 Terrorism Law (more)

Rebekka

cjf

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Terrorism defined as:

Premeditated and politically motivated violent acts perpetrated specifically against noncombatant targets intended to influence an audience and the ensuing psychological impact of said violent act is used to affect political change within the audience.

And...

‘Freedom Fighters’ or ‘Guerrilla Forces’ committing specific atrocities against civilians should therefore be appropriately labeled "terrorists" and thus would not be able to deny being terrorists simply because of the alleged implied validity of their goals.

join