It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US veterans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
how do all of you US Vets or people still in the US military feel about all of these Anti-American veiws on this forum? the same goes for all of the Anti-Jew non-sense?

[edit on 28-5-2005 by finnman68]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
finnman68, check out this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it might be able to answer your question....

Just a heads up. that thread is and has been kept a very civil tone with no name calling, blind argueing and back and forwth bickering.....help keep that way

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What is anti-American ? Saying the iraqis are in their perfect right to defend themselves from illegal foreign occupation ? That's just pro-people's rights to defend their homeland.

What is anti-Jew ? Calling the execution of 150 palestinian children last year for what they are, despicable war crimes ?

Could you please provide some concrete quotes as to what fulfills criteria of anti-american and anti-jewish racism, according to you.

And, why aren't you concerned about anti-muslim racism on the board ? If anything, you are selective in the selection of the racism you like adress, finnman.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Moretti]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry I'm not trying to start up any fires as you say but a lot of the post I put up have a lot of anti american propaganda in it and I was wondering how other people fell about it especialy jews and US vets. I have nothing against any religion, there are many US Vets that are of different religions

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
thanks for helping me with my english lesson

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by finnman68
how do all of you US Vets ........... feel about all of these Anti-American veiws on this forum?
the same goes for all of the Anti-Jew non-sense?

well, that's a 'loaded' question
sorta like those 'push-poll' questions which elicit a particular response.

i do not see or read 'anti-American'
i see & read some criticisms of the administrations' policies
and the Act of Voicing an opposing viewpoint
is more like 'pulling back the covers- to let the light shine on the subject'

the same thing goes with the 'anti-Jew' mindset you think exists here
(of course there are always exceptions)
but on 99.99%, those agendas are not professed here on ATS.

??why have i replied...well its Memorial Holiday!!

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm a Veterean, resulting in a life-long dehabilitation (and screwed ever since, 20+yrs now), but, as you are already thinking, THIS GUY (me) via my avatar simply MUST be anti-American..........nope, just anti-American government, the flag I fly simply states what I believe is happening to this country (think PAII).

I think it sucks how the soldier takes the crap for what the gov said "go do". While many 'Nam Vets did commit attrocities, did these people that bashed them upon their return from duty just somehow KNOW which ones commited them? No, they treated ALL the soldiers like crap.

As for my direct answer to your inquiry, I could give a crap less what ANYone else thinks about the States. It's THEIR opinion and they are damn well entitled to it, be a particualr thought justified or not, it's theirs and they are entitled.. A vast number of those anti-opinions of the States are wholy justified, imo. The biggest anti-States thought process I see is "go home", well, think about it, ever since WWII (last justified war, imo) the States has been sticking its arm clear to the the elbow of other countries' rectal orifice. 38 gazillion homeless people, sick kids, etc in the states, but screw them, let's go play with our elbows again.

Misfit

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm not saying this board is anti-american or Jew but I am curious about how some of the US vets feel about some of the things they read on this board puting americans in a bully like spot like, i didn't say anything about religion like others are implying, I'm open to other peoples opnions and views I welcome them all. I'm hear to learn what other people think

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
That was hilarious Misfit. I could clearly hear the accent and delivery as I read your post, and actually think what you said has merit. Hell, I'm so critical of my government I'd be branded a traitor and sent to edsinger's gulag if I was a yank. I love my country, and I will be damned if I sit back in apathy and let the weasels do what they like.

You should check out the thread that SportyMB has a link to in his post above.

new topics

top topics

join