It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I see WWIII on the Horizon......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Personally, I think it is very possible that the world will soon be engulfed in a third world war whether it likes it or not. It appears the portions of the arabic world that were once at peace are protesting the alleged Quran abuse by the United States. I only think that it is a matter of time before the arabic world as a whole comes together and takes up a "holy Cause" against the United States which in part would begin a World War.

The rallies in Pakistan, Egypt, Lebanon, Indonesia, Malaysia and elsewhere followed an admission Thursday by U.S. investigators that Islam's holy book was mishandled at Guantanamo.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 27-5-2005 by BlackJackal]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Minor Note: The Quran abuse isnt alleged, it has been reported one year ago by the Red Cross and verified this week by the publication of classified FBI documents. The alleged part of the scandal now concerns the blackmail of newsweek magazine editors.

But i agree with you in principle. US Morale has hit the floor and something will be done about it.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Moretti]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I agree. Look at the world prior to the two World Wars of last century. The decades-plus political posturing, the nationalist breast-beating.

It will be ugly very soon.

The "Koran Abuse" issue is ridiculously minor. But that nations aspiring to nuclear weaponry will seize on such an imbecilic issue is truly frightening.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by periwinkle blue

The "Koran Abuse" issue is ridiculously minor. But that nations aspiring to nuclear weaponry will seize on such an imbecilic issue is truly frightening.

Amen to that. Things are coming to a head, and people will use anything to justify their anger and hatred (whether legitimate or not).

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Let us not forget the pre-emptive strike that North Korea stated they would be willing to do. They have actually admitted that under the right circumstance they would "throw the first punch." It's hard to believe that would happen, what with George W's wonderful foreign policies and all.....

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i forsee where over 5 billion non-muslims versus over a billion Muslims and we all die together.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
More Evidence..........

After a month of bickering, the 188 signatories to the global pact against atomic weapons failed on Friday to agree on new steps to combat the danger of a nuclear holocaust and many blamed the United States and Iran.

The review of the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty was characterized by divisive debates over North Korea, Iran's nuclear enrichment ambitions, Israel's presumed atomic arsenal and U.S. plans for new and improved atomic weapons.

When the conference began on May 2, countries had hoped to agree on a plan to repair loopholes in the treaty that enable countries to acquire sensitive atomic technology and to hear from Washington and the four other NPT members with nuclear weapons that they remained committed to disarming

But it quickly descended into procedural bickering, led by the United States, Iran and Egypt, before failing to reach any agreement on Friday, the last day of the conference.

In a clear swipe at Washington, which angered developing countries by refusing to reaffirm previous pledges to scrap its own nuclear arsenal, Canada's chief delegate blasted countries that tossed aside earlier commitments.

Link< br />

Mod Edit: Long Link only.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
My question is; How far off is that horizon?

Yes I do see world tensions simmering to a roiling boil. However, and it may just be that I am stubbornly adhering to a "Denial of Stupidity", I have a hard time accepting that the current zietgist presupposes anything like a World War; certainly not the oft dreaded nuclear game-over implied by "WWlll".

On the other hand I am fairly certain, that through hubris, and both overt and covert coercion, the controllers of the US will, as they seem to intend, involve the rest of the world in long-term armed conflict. However, since their goals seem more pecuniary than philosphical, I expect great effort will be taken to avoid the kind of mass destruction last seen as a result of WWll. The Ones Who Get Things Done in our society realize that although there is great power and profit (as if the two were different things!) in refurbishing the world's infrastructure, the costs to re-build it from scratch are just too unpredicatble.

This is a war for control; one gains nothing by destroying that which he seeks to control.

Then again, accidents do happen.

I hope the Mothership isn't late!

top topics

join