It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Masons And what do they do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I really want to know who are the masons and what they do?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The masons are a group of satanic pagan heathen pinko commies.

they sacrifice child goats to the god lenin.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This kind of topic is why the Rules & Guidelines of posting need to be revised.

planetlegend, there is a wealth of info on this site and all round the WWW on Freemasonry, and opinions about it. Use your search facilities and don't be lazy.

Fury, I may fit the bill you describe some days, although I prefer to sacrifice young men in their 20s.

FreeMason, on the other hand, will come by and give you a bollocking, because as he will explain to you, Freemasonry brought about what your founding fathers did, and the Masonic movement should remain in the hands of arch conservatives who lick the incumbent 'president's' arse.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
freemasons are evil, the higher you go up the more evil the people are.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
And how high up does it take in Masonry to be most evil?

1000 feet?

5000 feet?

400,000 feet?

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's over 5 11".

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Oh definately, you can't trust those 7 footers man...

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, we did have a dude in our lodge who was 6 2" and he never got his round in when it was his turn.
I always wondered about that guy.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hey!

I'm close to 2m tall, and I always make sure I get drinks when it's my round.

The Lodge pays, of course.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
you know, i'd actually become a mason if they let me eat people. i hear they taste like chicken.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Once again you haven't answered the original question Freemason and MA you aren't helping.

On the topic of Freemason, it is so vast it's hard to explain to a person just toutching the topic for the first time. Of course there are two sides to it. One saying Freemasonry is the best stuff ever to be seen on earth. Others saying its a secret society bent on taking over the world. Now there is of course those in between those two extremes.

Now getting real information on the topic is difficult because two reasons. The first is because there a society with many well hidden secrets. The second the higher up you get in freemasonry, the more difficult it is to get real facts.

I've read so many points of view on the topic it makes my head spin. I've got a copy of the Masonic Monitor. I starting reading it and many questionable things came up. But that is for you to decide.

Freemasonry is organized into 33 degrees. The higher you go in the degrees the more "inlighted" your suppose to become. To become a mason there are a few requirments one of which you must believe in a higher power, while in some sects even athiest are excepted. Many of there rituals seem to have Eygptian origin. When there is a new member there is a re-birth ritual of such that the member must go through before joining. Very much like a baptism.

This is a part of the ritual I found a bit odd:

"You are aware that whatever a man may have gained here on earth, whether of titles, wealth, honor, or even his own merit, can never serve him a passport to the Grand Lodge above: but previous to his gaining admission there he must become poor and destitute, blind and naked, DEPENDENT upon the SOVEREIGN will of our Suprem Grand Master."

Now while Freemason and MA will claim that there talking about God or explain away why this isn't odd at all. This to me sounds like your allowing your self to be in complete submission to a person.

While there are many good Freemason's that are good poeple. Freemasonry's reputation hasn't been a very positive one. The secretive nature alone can cause people alone to be against such a society.

Many people put Freemasonry under such a microsope because it is much more then then a moral society. Freemason's have been president's, many of them might I add. Congressman, senators, big biz men runnig large corperations. Doctor's, & lawyers,. One might ask, hmmm isn't there something to that? Could such an organization that has survived in the vail of secrective nature. Be influencing politics, money, and religion.

I think it is completly reasonable to ask such a question.

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by oconnection]

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
oconnection

My final post to you:

1. I don't think you want to listen to what several people have already said to you.

2. You are too presumptuous in assuming people want to 'help' you when you don't establish any credentials, except that you are curious about freemasonry and you are not a Freemason. Nobody here owes you any answers.

3. Your assessment of the structure of Freemasonry is wrong. '33 degrees' represents just one small branch. I know FreeMason said this to you, but you failed to listen.

4. FreeMason and others also told you what the 'Supreme Grand Master' is in black and white, but again you failed to listen. You found it 'odd'.

Just to let you know, you are barking up the wrong tree. Go and read web sites that have the answers to how many Presidents have been Freemasons and other influential figures, and why.

Meanwhile, at ATS, because you fail to show a basic level of respect and listen to what people have said to you, you are "Ignored".

Good day.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The only person who seems to get as annoyed by me is you and Freemason. Once again you have displayed your arrogence in plain site. I think it's you who is unable to listen. You are only accepting your answer as the correct one. I was aware of Freemasons comments but I goes against what I've studied and what I believe. I never said this is absolutly write but my understanding of it.

You on the other hand seem to always think you are right and do not consider that it a opinion of yours when you are speaking.

You say that I have not established credentials to be helped? This is completly moranic thing to say. You have totally missed what a message board is about. It is about debate and open discussion on a given topic. You seem to want to do nothing of the sort.

Once again you have not added to the original topic of what Freemasonry is. Once again you have done nothing but mock and bicker at others. You have no respect for other view points and this further shows me you are blind and a hypocrite.

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by oconnection]

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Are the masons the same as the freemasons?
I thought they were.

new topics

top topics

join