It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd infant primate ...can you Identify it ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Before you click the link you should know that the image may disturb some people.

I was sent the image linked below and there appears to be some morphological anomalies present in this infant primate.
I am posting this in the hopes that someone has seen more complete images of this or to see if someone can identify it.

Things to consider:

It could look larger and more muscular than it is due to the camera angle.
It looks as if it has just been born ; red pigment on the skin(blood) and purple discolouration of the nails.
It seems very well muscled, too much muscle mass for an infant human , orangutan or gorilla .
It has a tail.
It is lying in a what appears to be a sterile bassinet.
It has orange fur and white skin.
There is an absence of "Baby Fat" : look closely at the thights and buttocks, the wrinkles there.
It appears to be a quadroped, like a gorilla, you can see the large bump at the top of the hip , gorillas have buttock like muscles on their sides.
Orangutans are anthropoid apes,all anthropoid apes are tailless.

Anyway I thought the image was a "good puzzle" and that someone in this part of the forum would find it interesting.

The pic is Here

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
the link isn't working

would love to see the photo though.

angie

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The link should work , I just checked it after clearing my cache.
If no one else can see it I will try try to upload it somewhere else.

edit:
Just uploaded it here too img158.echo.cx...

[edit on 26-5-2005 by LuisCypher]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The primate is genus homo, species sapiens.

A fairly rare set of birth defects but not an unknown group of defects. I believe this is one of the "tailed babies" born recently in India. I forget which chromosomes are involved htere.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
ok got it that time.

i'm not going for a primate though...........and i don't think its an infant. i think its a child that has some kind of congential anomolies........babies have been born with tails before............its a kind of mutation.

the feet thing..........i still feel its a birth defect and the hair..........children have been born with excessive body hair............that's why i say its not a newborn...........but maybe a 3yr old that was photographed by the plastic surgeons before surgery...........

but that's me............and my arm chair physician side calling it!

angie

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have to agree with Byrd on this one.
It is a Human baby with a known genetic (defect - trait?).
The tail is a vetigal tail that some people are born with.
What caught my interest though was the placement of the big toe.
The location of the big toe as well as the length , dexterity of the other toes are more like that of a primate than human.
I have not seen that before.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think it's from this artist

www.patriciapiccinini.net...

Look at the human piglet things.

If it's not the same models it's from the same artist

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Also in the picture given in the first post if you look at its feet you can see the toes are joined together as if it's actually a model.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hmmm, looks like i killed this thread

Here is a picture of what i'm talking about

Now i'm not saying that is defiantly a model as i'm sure it could have been born with it's toes stuck together. But to me it does look awfully like a model.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Good spotting of the joins in the toes , I didn't see that.

I dont know about it being from that artist, but it does look like it could be a very realistic sculpture.

In my opinion there is no way that if it is real that it is human, it would mean that there would be multiple mutations influencing bone structure ,muscle, fat and hair distribution as well as a large number of abnormalities to the structure of its feet.

I am now leaning towards it being art or a hoax.

My first thought was that it was an orangutan born with a tail and a mutation in the myostatin gene .This would acount for the abnormally increased muscle growth and reducied fat. This has been seen in many animals particularly cattle, it can be fatal, but is very rare in humans.

Oh well interesting for a diversion.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
humans CAN be born with fingers and toes partially or completely fused. that is another genetic anomoly and i can't remember the name of that one either.

i don't think its an "artist rendering" like those weird piglet/doggy things because you can see by looking at THOSE photos they are a sculpture of some sort.

i'm not saying this photo isn't a hoax............but i believe there is a good chance this is a real human with a very real genetic condition.

angie

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Your looking at the backside of an art piece that has been brought up here before i think, i cant remember the artists name however , the front side of the sculpture shows a body looking like an old womancrossed with a cow/ram with multiple breasts feeding little half human half cow/ram looking creatures.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You're right, it's just the back of that sculpture. You can even see it's on the same padded pedestal.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
here you guys go the artists main site

a link to that piece of work

the backside

[edit on 26-5-2005 by minniescar]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
well i'll be danged!!! you guys are absolutely correct.

i wouldn't have put that as being the hinny of that ugly sculpture if my life depended on it.............

thank goodness since i was wrong. good grief.

that sculpture is CREEPY!

angie

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Way to go Burgess! I remember seeing that sculpture in another thread.

I was wondering how many replies I was going to read through before someone agreed with you. I was starting to get a little worried.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Patricia Piccanini is the artist, and quite a good one, IMO.

top topics

join