It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC's new show 'Invasion'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
OK, so I honestly have never agreed with the thought that alien invasion films, shows, etc. were all part of a plan of some sort.

But recently, with all the different alien specials, documentaries, and reruns of old shows on the History Channel, it has made me think a little more about the subject. Now there's the upcoming remake of War of the Worlds, which I personally can't wait for.

Tonight, while watching Lost, I saw a commercial for WOTW, and the thought came back to me. But the thought was reinforced when, the second that commercial was over, another one came on that caught my eye. It's for a new show entitled Invasion, set to air on ABC this fall on Wednesdays after Lost.

I have enclosed a link to ABCs site, and a site I often use for shows.
I just want to see what your reactions/comments are, thank you.

abc.go.com...
tv.zap2it.com...

spartacus out

[Edited minor errors]

[edit on 25-5-2005 by spartacus2]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Get ready for a live alien movie this summer...! I sure dont want to be part of it...but just an observer...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
you have to laugh at the ideas that alien related tv and movies must somehow be related to disclosure.

if that were the case we would have been invaded years ago.

they are remaking king kong, better run.

as for this series, never heard of it, will have to check it out.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

But recently, with all the different alien specials, documentaries, and reruns of old shows on the History Channel,

Sorry to say but it is hardly recent, things like this have been going for a long time and there have been plenty of television shows based on this subject, just as there are plenty of shows surrounding the law, doctors, and Crime Scene Investigators.

Clearly there is an audience for programs about aliens and so people make a show about it, to believe it's part of some type of disclosure seems like wishfull thinking. But i guess we'll have to wait and see......

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I saw a preview tonight of the up and comming film "War of the Worlds", don't know if they are doing H G Wells or not a I didn't get to see but the last few seconds of it. One can hope this trend is only a case of film studios "keeping up with the Jones' ", but there seems to be a pattern of major film and television studios really focusing in on these end of the world scenarios lately.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
One can hope this trend is only a case of film studios "keeping up with the Jones' ", but there seems to be a pattern of major film and television studios really focusing in on these end of the world scenarios lately.

That is sort of true, but again I think its been a common one for quite some time.

Much like any doomsday prophecy, they just coming year after year, eventually one will be right.

My ideal doomsday would be "the day after tommorow" situation.

Much like a normal canadian winter anyways.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
"I just want to see what your reactions/comments are, thank you." ==spartacus2

I like the plot and the "lights" from the second trailer. Alien-ness is getting
much more imaginative. If we ever do encounter "other" intelligent life,
it is gonna be far more different than class-B science fiction. The encounter
scenario from Fermi says that if something finds us, it will be so far advanced
that we may never know, or would not recognize it. The trailer seems to indicate
that some of Fermi's implications are beginning to make sense to the Sci-Fi
folks.

On the down side, the third trailer centers on a political, environmental shameless plug.
I hate it when good science fiction is ruined by politics. Gives me "the jerks". I forgot
the point of that trailer.

top topics

join