It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is #9 in Traffic Per Day on The Big Boards

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I was checking out the Big Boards as ATS is ranked #481 by posts alone. But everyone should check out the dramatic increase in traffic and not just posts. ATS currently stands at #9 with an increase of +30 in one day.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wow!

That's pretty incredible - Looks like more and more people are listening to what we have to say here
We need to add a little banner that proudly displays that fact to go along with our board rank on the bottom of the page

[edit on 5/24/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
hmmm, where is my forum?....

Congratulations ATS, BTS, P@ATS!!!

:gosimon:

all the best

dacruz

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Woe...the website looks like a stock market with the +30 and up 1's and all that stuff....good to go

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Really 9th? It's droped somewhat then as I seem to remember ATS being in the top 5 during the elections.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
I was checking out the Big Boards as ATS is ranked #481 by posts alone.

That's funny. My favorite website is #482 - Extremeskins (huge american football fan - favorite team is the Redskins of course)

Amazing, the main websites I visit are right next to each other

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thats because a lot of the big news stations actually cross reference ATS in order to find alternative news. I remember one time, I believe it was CNN or FOXnews, they showed a pan shot of the studio and one reporter/researcher had ATS on their computer. Anyone remember that?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
How the heck did Stormfront get to be 14?
Isn't that the Neo-Nazi group that infiltrated ATS a few months ago?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
How the heck did Stormfront get to be 14?
Isn't that the Neo-Nazi group that infiltrated ATS a few months ago?

Yup... they have a board at least as large as ATS and it's sort of scary doncha know.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wow....I just took a peak at their website - What a disgusting and vile community of racists.....

I can't beleive they have such a large membership......

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
OK, I just checked out that Stormfront site..what a load of poo.

Holy cow how is a site like that doing to well...

Anyways...what determines the rankng of the sites?

is it site views? replies? threads? how many people are on? number of members total? What is it?????

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
+30…that seems too high doesn’t it? I wonder if this number has been inflated by the recent denial of service attack.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wow! ATS is really moving along quite nicely. I'm glad to see that our formerly small site has really expanded. And it's all thanks to our staff and dedicated members.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I hate to show my ignorance here, but I do not know what you folks are talking about when you say BIG BOARDS. Just ~WHAT~ is meant by that?

I guess there ARE other sites out there on the net like this place. In finding this place, and setteling in, and learning my way around here......well.......I have found no real NEED to find other places.
This has everything I want and more. I am not to surprised other people feel that way to, and this site has a high rank...(whatever THAT means)

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What can ya say, hate sells.
It's easier to hate than to learn, but look on the bright side - we're better.

Anyway, I recall us being at 8 recently. The election was our highpoint, go figure. Just goes to show ya that when something happens, we're the destination everyone turns to. That means consistantly quality material. That means...

COOKIES ALL AROUND!!!

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Neo-Luddite question:

To what extent does the suspected DOS attack described here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

contribute to recent increased traffic, if at all?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Becuase a DOS attack simulates lots of traffic, all at the same time with the intent of overloading the servers and making it unusable. Thus the name Denial of Service.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
ok that stormfront site is just plain racial abusers....not for internet sensor ship but damn there a cause for ito n that website.....

you may dis me for the sonsor ship part but look it this way on the guest posting part they allow you to post but its checked by a moderator probably to check it aint against there views....

I just posted something and I bet without a doubt it will not be posted due to my abusive nature towards narrowminded racist/religion hating ppl.

all to there own and as i told them "get out of the nappies and throw your rattle away" stay tuned to see if it posted......

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
DAMN YOU HONDA TECH!!!

We should merge with German Hot or Not? and own those hubcap huffers.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
+30…that seems too high doesn’t it? I wonder if this number has been inflated by the recent denial of service attack.

Sorry about my previous post which looks like it was not cognizant of your one-liner. Because it was not.

I would conclude there must be an influence on the traffic figures by a 4-hit-per-second orchestrated offence on ATS.

Now that the IP has been blocked it will be useful to see more current traffic counts.

Speaking of which, how does "Big Boards" measure up in the world of site performance/popularity measurement tools? Is it top 500?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join