It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Jedi hurt in light saber fight.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

cant believe they use petrol for their duels. just use light sticks or something as least. they can make the sabers bright with the color they want.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Sometimes people have a hard time using common sence when there is something exciting going on.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I thought this was going to be some kind of joke or something... I can't believe these two actually did this...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

A man, aged 20, and a girl of 17 are believed to have been filming a mock duel when they poured fuel into two glass tubes and lit it.

serves em right...the world needs to rid itself of stupid people.
WTF were they thinking? I thought it was gonna be like a 12 year boy or an 8 year old...but 20 and 17.....these guys are worse than all them trekkies out there...die hard fans, gotta love em.

Seriously, I hope they will be ok

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Damn! Another freak gasolene accident!

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Attack of the Nerds imo irl btw fyi.
SPOILER ALERTO AMIGOS

I saw episode 3 yesterday, no desire to be burned anni style

if you got that big off a stiffy for lightsaber fighting, get yourself a master replica for 120 bucks and spare yourself the humilation of explaining what happened to you to the ER people.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by Lysergic]

[edit on 24-5-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Fragile light bulb + highly flammable fuel + sword fight = Moron not worthy of medical help.

How can people be this stupid?

[edit on 24-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Not to bright with the light.

No brains + No force = No win situation for idiots

Anyway, if you want to see something funny, watch the light saber battles in the newest Star Wars movie and then watch the light saber battle between Vader Obi Wan in the oldest Star Wars movie.

They fight like two old coots who just cant take the excitement anymore.

And 28 years ago, that scene was epic!

Go check it out.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I object to the thread heading... if they were dumb enough to try this, they obviously weren't Jedi!

-koji K.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Probably the most funny thing I have heard all day, now where can I buy some glass tubes...................

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
when I was 15, (20 years ago) we had a game called "rocks in the air" you stand back to back in a circle with 6 teenage boys trying to prove how tough they are. one picks up a handful of gravel, and throws it straight up, and yells "rocks in the air". anyone leaving the circle is out of the game. no helmets or anything.

Even my group of idiot tenneage friends would have passed on the old gas in a glass tube trick

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
When I was a kid we would take florescent lights 3 or 4 feet long and take them under hydro towers and play with them, they always broke. LOL
Oh yea under the towers they would light up.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
BB gun wars......oh yeah baby....

We had a 3 pump limit, when the other boys werent looking...i'd try to get like 12 in there. Im sure they did the same too. LOL...using magazines and phonebooks as bullet proof vest

[edit on 24/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Stick wars...

Imagine lobbing javelin sized branches at each other, that was fun to us at one point.
There were alot of close calls in that game. Everyone's got some stupid story to share.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
About 27yrs ago, one of my mates shot me in the belly with an air rifle (BB gun) in my parents backyard. Probably because i shot him first in the leg, but i only 'winged' him. He was obviously a better shot. Anyway, the pellets back then were made from lead...so off to the Doc', i got two stitches and a tetanus injection. My mate got a band-aid...and a tetanus injection. Hehe.

Sanc',

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sporty MB
BB gun wars......oh yeah baby....

Now that brings back some fond memories.....LOL

They used to be 20-30 of us in the woods hunting each other. And these weren't the little candy assed BB guns they have today, at close range you could kill a bird with one. I STILL have BBs in me

I have to admit talking our cousin into jumping out a barn loft with a pair of home made wings was funnier though. He broke a leg and the rest of us were beat till we looked worse than him but I still laugh when I think about it.

Of course we were 8-11 years old not 20.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by Amuk]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Attack of the Nerds imo irl btw fyi.

I saw episode 3 yesterday, no desire to be burned anni style

Damnit man, how hard is it to type spoiler before a spoiler?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
sorry man, i didn't realise it was a spoiler, thought it was common knowledge, when i was a kid the whole story was on the back of a Darth Vader action figure box :p

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
BB hunt? Like pistol type or rifle type? I could kill a raccoon with my bb gun rifle style. Dang pests, normally used to just scare em off, but lucky shot, one eye and out the other.

I remember some stupid stuff, only a few years ago like shooting bottle rockets at each other with tubes, or making napalm. After a week, it had dried up, so I got the idea to pour gas on it to soften it up. Only problem was one of the matches used were still lit, nearly set the garage/me on fire. Thankfully I was fast enoguh to drop the gasoline container and run to the hose and keep the garage from burning down.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Darwinism still exists. Evidently the genetic makeup that permitted the manipulation of the "Force" did not extend to advanced capabilities to categories like "Survival" or "Understanding Pyrotechnics." Special effects in movies do not demand at home recreation, let Hollywood have it's bailiwick, and they will let you have yours (like paying top dollar for collectable memorabilia, items that may leave you broke, but alive).

Jedi Monkeys, not just for mind tricks anymore...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join