It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How The Hell Can Bush Sleep At 9PM?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   

pulpnonfiction.blogspot.com...

Laura Bush Video: White House Correspondents' Dinner

Watch video of First Lady Laura Bush's comedy routine at the 2005 White House Correspondents' Dinner, in which she roasts her husband and admits to being a "desperate housewife."

She also admits that he GOES TO SLEEP at 9pm.
FULL TRANSCRIPT

"He's usually in bed by now.I'm not kidding.I said to him the other day, "George, if you really want to end tyranny in the world, you're going to have to stay up later."I am married to the president of the United States, and here's our typical evening: Nine o'clock, Mr. Excitement here is sound asleep"

Screw the desperate housewife baloney humor.What was REALLY troubling was his going to sleep at 9.That is NOT funny at all.That speaks volumes as to who is really running the most powerful country on earth.

NOW, MANY HERE ARE BELIEVERS IN THE EARLY TO BED EARLY TO RISE THEORY, AND DO GO TO BED BY 9 - 10 PM AND ARE UP BY THE CRACK OF DAWN,BUT NONE HERE IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN A STATE OF WAR.IF YOU WERE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA AND THE WORLD IS IN TURMOIL,THE WORLD IS BOILING,FROM FINLAND TO AUKLAND THEY ARE CHANTING BUCK FUSH! CHUCK FENEY!PEOPLE ARE BURNING THE US FLAG CHANTING GEORGE BUSH IMPERIALIST NUMBER ONE TERRORIST!HOW CAN YOU SLEEP WHILE BEING THE MOST HATED MAN IN THE WORLD AND MAKING ALL INNOCENT AMERICANS THE WORLD OVER WHO VOTED AND WHO DID NOT VOTE FOR YOU....VICTIMS OF ANTI BUSHISM.

YOUR TROOPS ARE GETTING KILLED AS YOU SLEEP,YOU ARE KILLING INNOCENT CIVILIANS AS YOU SLEEP,COULD YOU EVEN SLEEP?HOW THE HELL COULD YOU SLEEP?HOW THE HELL CAN YOU EVEN think OF SLEEP?WHATS EVEN WORSE IS WHEN HE WAKES UP HE NEEDS MORE TIME TO PRAY AND PUMP IRON AND RIDE HIS BYCICLE.

THERE IS NO WAY HE COULD SLEEP UNLESS....UNLESS POPPY BUSH and MARVIN BUSH WERE NOT WIDE AWAKE RUNNING THE SHADOW GOV. AND MAKING MILLLIONS...NO...MAKE THAT BILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR THE CARLYLE GROUP AND THE HALIBURTONS AND THE BECHTELS AND THE BILDENBERGS...while every night as you sleep young men and women and innocent iraqis are getting killed and or maimed for life on a pack of lies.IRAQ IS NOT A SAFER PLACE TODAY AND THERE WERE NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. THE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION ARE IN ISRAEL.

PROBLEM IS WE ARE LAUGHING.

WE ARE LAUGHING AND THE GRANDMOTHER OF ALL NEOCONFILICTS OF INTEREST IS STARING US IN THE FACE, AND WE ARE LAUGHING.AND PEOPLE ARE DYING.AND THE BUSHES ARE LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Because she was setting up a joke.
I would call it comedic license, or factual puffery, whatever.

Are you yelling at us, or is your caps-lock stuck?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
hey no problem, thats why they invented all the sleeping pills, pain killers and the rest of the poisons. Just pop 2 blue ones and 1 yellow and youll sleep like a baby

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Are you yelling at us, or is your caps-lock stuck?

LOL

i really hate caps-lock

why can't everything be in lower case

[edit on 24-5-2005 by infinite]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I wonder how much energy could be saved if no one ever used caps-lock?
All those little lights, and leds, all over the world, never turning on..never consuming the slightest milliwatt.

I'll bet we could run an electric car, 3 feet, once a year..

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Bush is old and old people go to bed early. old people seem like they go to bed earlier and get up earlier.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Now bashing his sleeping habbits? aside from the fact that she was making joke, Id rather have a well rested president, Then a President who's half out of it making decisions,

General: Hello Mr.President.
Tired and exhausted President:umm hehehe uhh uhh hell.......o generel, weeeee...
General: Lets nuke russia Mr.President!
Tired and exhausted President: Ok make it go boom... weeeee

You anti-bush people are like 9 year olds, though you can find anything no matter how moronic, to bash him..

[edit on 24-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

it's actually a pretty simple process.....let me explain

first im willing to bet he takes a shower and puts on his PJ's with little presidential seals all over them. Then he has someone or maybe he does it..in not sure, but anyways he sheets get pulled back and he slips in under the covers that have a presidential seal on them. Then he rolls over, looks at Laura and says baby it's good to be president

And all this happens at or around 9pm

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Thanks to you and your post, there is now a nation wide outcry to literally "chuck" Feneys all over the US.

Now Greg, and David Feney of Fort Collins, Nebraska wonder how you sleep at 9pm? (and trust me... many more Feneys will be wondering the same...)

For the most part I have to agree with C0le. This is just another attempt to find something wrong with Bush (allthough I do feel his wife was making a joke to begin with.) Like it was said before... I'd rather have a president make a sound decision on a rested mind, than one making decisions all groggy, and cranky. Pretty soon people will find things wrong with the way he does his hair...

[edit on 24-5-2005 by microcosm]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Who care how much people or bush sleeps. OMG, I may not like him but I give respect.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
....and that those decisions are a product of a "rested mind", then imagine how much more fooked up could be!?!
Please search ATS threads - this is a PART TIME PRESIDENT in the absolute. It was well documented that he's to bed early everynight, that state hosting function were adjusted accordingly, that he's spent more time at vacation sites than any other president, that the times we live in ( recession, war, terror threat elevations ) did nothing to change the vacation schedules. Who the f*** takes a one month vacation 7 months into the job, much less a president!?!?!?!
The documented work day is here & on the Net kids, look it up for yourself - done by 5 pm with a two hour lunch ( workout & nap ).
Remember that hyped air space foray by the single prop plane recently? Bush was on a bike ride at the time!!!
Make up all the myths of competency you want boys, but one covering work ethic is unattainable!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The fact that Bush goes to bed early has been publicized throughout his administration, but it wasn't until Laura's rather racy comedy routine that some became aware of this practice.

"Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
--Benjamin Franklin--and others

There may be other causes.

msnbc.msn.com...

www.stanford.edu...

msnbc.msn.com...

www.healingdaily.com...

[edit on 05/5/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Everyone has his own unique inner clock. Some are nocturnal like myself, some are really NOT. (sorry to those who hate all caps
)

While in Basic Training we were in the rack by 2100 hours (9 p.m. for you civs). Same as in AIT. 0430 comes fast.

Pretending to be the prez probly really takes it outta Dubya.

new topics

top topics

join