It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Bush heckled on tour of Jerusalem.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Jewish and Muslim protesters heckled US first lady Laura Bush when she visited a flashpoint Jerusalem holy site today during a Middle East goodwill tour.

Dozens of nationalist Jews demanding Washington free a convicted Israeli spy shouted at Mrs Bush as she visited the Western Wall in Jerusalem's Old City. They were kept back by Israeli police and US Secret Service agents.
A crowd jostled Mrs Bush as she entered the adjacent Dome of the Rock mosque afterward and an elderly Palestinian worshipper cried at her: "You are not welcome here. Why are you hassling our Muslims? How dare you come in here?"

Mrs Bush did not respond to him or an old woman who shouted "Koran, Koran" at her in Arabic, and held a white scarf - donned in religious respect - tightly on her head as she exited with police linking arms around her to ward off the crowd.

Source

I wonder how the First Lady will respond through the media to this incident?

Sanc'.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

I wonder how the First Lady will respond through the media to this incident?

Sanc'.

The best way to respond to idiots, is to ignore them.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
At a different location, this time wearing a black headscarf as opposed to a white headscarf in my initial post...

A handful of protesters shouting "Death to America" were held back by police as Bush entered the golden-topped Dome of the Rock.

Commenting on the First Lady's visit to the mosque, the Islamic militant group Hamas said it demonstrated US support for Israel's claim to occupied east Jerusalem, including the revered compound.

This visit "confirms the American position that Jerusalem is the capital of the Zionists, and this will give more legality to the continuated occupation of this place, which is of prime importance for Muslims," Hamas said.

"We do not reject any visit by anyone to the Al-Aqsa but we see Mrs Bush's visit as an attempt to whiten the face of America after the ugly crime carried out by US investigators against the Koran," it said.

Source

Sanc'.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum"You are not welcome here. Why are you hassling our Muslims? How dare you come in here?"

Bah. It's not really a sign of anything, though, if the wife of a hated man is hated. Guilt by association.

Still, one hopes.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

The best way to respond to idiots, is to ignore them.

Now you are lying. I tried to ignore Bush for 4 years and he is still around

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Now you are lying. I tried to ignore Bush for 4 years and he is still around

Ya gotta try harder! Or go to a secure bunker without any worldly connections. That makes it easier.

Bring a book.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Ya gotta try harder! Or go to a secure bunker without any worldly connections. That makes it easier.

Bring a book.

Man I could take Stephen Kings 'It' down there and still not be down long enough. Even if I read it twice!

top topics

join